GE Mechanical/Materials Testing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

4.0

1 Candidate Interview Review Back to all Interviews

Mechanical/Materials Testing Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ months. I interviewed at GE (Niskayuna, NY) in November 2011.

Interview

I got the initial phone call about three months after my online application. This consisted of a general check of my experience, as well as my career goals. Based on that, I was then asked to give a presention on the phone about my thesis work. This was limited to about an hour and consisted of some technical questions asked by a group of three staff members plus the hiring manager. Then they wanted me to come in and give another presentation in person, as well as do group/individual interviews. The hiring manager was clear about what he wanted in the phone presentation, but less clear about the on-site presentation. I messed this up by not asking enough questions, so make sure you are 100% clear on what they are looking for. The people there were generally nice, but seem a little cold and distant. Since I met with about 10 people that day, I think that it was intentional and part of the way that GE interview, so I would not let yourself be discourage by that. It is a corporate culture and there are some things that go with that, but there is a lot of room to move up in the company and the feeling I got is that they expect you to do just that. Being able to communicate effectively is a big deal both on a personal and a group level.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer