GE ECLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 22, 2017

3.4

9 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Length interview process; multiple phone interviews and various in person interviews. Interview process is positive, though. GE is good about sharing information about the company, its culture and its objectives. The interview process is about getting to know you, and about you getting to know GE. They pursue a cultural fit between both parties.

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions, about yourself, your strengths and about overcoming the biggest hurdle - as well as 'why GE', and 'Tell us about GE.' Depending on the role, you may get some ad hoc hypothetical case study-like questions. However, no tests were given.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was done by phone. You are assessed to enter the company within a certain band, which indicates the upper side of your starting income. Within that band you have some negotiation leverage over income, and at times, over moving costs reimbursements

ECLP Interview

Interview

Pretty straight through, the regular questions, what will you do in long term, see how you fit with the company and etc.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The process started with a campus presentation from GE, as I went to a target school. The presentation was given by GE people, school alumni in the program, etc. The next step is a resume drop with the alumni in the program screening the resumes. After the resume screen there often either a phone screen or on campus interviews. The final step is a "super day" type event where candidates come in overnight, have dinner and network with GE people and ECLP program members. The next morning, candidates go through a series of interviews and then have to give a presentation on a topic of their choosing to the interview panel.

Interview Questions

• There were no questions that really stumped candidates. This is not the goal of the interview. The entire interview process was around fit and fit-type questions. They asked every type of fit-type questions. "Tell me about a time when you..." If you are prepared for multiple win, loss, challenge, difficulty, personal challenge, etc., you should be ok.   Answer Question

Negotiation

There was some room to negotiate, but the range of what is on the table to negotiate is very limited (salary + signing bonus). Also, the range of compensation is somewhat formulaic.

ECLP Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Regular recruiting process. There are 2 or 3 rounds interviews probably.
    Very professional staff and recruiting process.

Interview Questions

• Technical questions, leadership skills and sales skills   Answer Question

GE ECLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Singapore (Singapore)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Singapore (Singapore)).

Interview

Passed 4 interviews with alumni from the program as well as with the team lead (direct line manager in case that the candidate is offered the role.

Interview Questions

• Case interview - industry case - market entry, the thing that is expected at consulting interview.   Answer Question

ECLP Interview

Application

The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE in November 2011.

Interview

The best way expose yourself to this position is to attend a MBA diversity conference. If you pass that round, you will be invited to the GE Forum, which will require you to do 1:1 interviews and present a sales idea.

Better job offer.

ECLP Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in February 2011.

Interview

The interview was conducted in a standard interview room. There were several questions about GE strategy and business to business sales.

Interview Questions

• Choose a GE business and describe the value chain and how GE competes in that business   Answer Question
    • Talk about your problem solving skills and give and example.   Answer Question

ECLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in November 2010.

Interview

The interview was scheduled at my university in coordination with the careers office. Representatives from the MBA recruitment for EMEA were on campus as part of a live satellite feed conducted with Jeff Immelt. Following the presentation, a select (probably 10 people) were asked to interview in 30 minute time slots with the HR staff.

The recruiter was very friendly, but made it clear that she was interested in hiring people with less than 5 years of professional experience (I had 9 and was curious why they interviewed me). Most of the discussion revolved around my previous experience as well as my background with one of GE's major competitors in the Healthcare segment of the business.

At the conclusion, the recruiter told me that she felt that my experience was more suited for direct-hire roles and that she would connect me with the head of recruiting for GE Healthcare (she never did).

Notification of the outcome was via email and a form email.

ECLP Program Interview

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in October 2009.

Interview

The ECLP program did campus interviews through my school. They gave a company presentation and took candidates out to dinner the night before the interview. The GE representatives were very friendly and professional. All of them talked about how they often work long hours, but also about how rewarding the program has been for them.

There were two interviewers that asked basic resume/behavioral questions. The interview was very focused on me. They were not interested in teamwork or team results, they were only interested in what I specifically did; also, they were not very interested in the situation I was in, but only on the actions I took.

Sample questions were:
    - Give an example of a time when you had to deal with a tough team member
    - Give an example of when you had to influence upper management
    - Give an example of when you led a team

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you had to persuade a team or overcome resistance.   Answer Question