GE EID Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE EID Intern Interview Questions

2.8

EID Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lisle, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Lisle, IL) in October 2013.

Interview

I applied for a software engineering EID internship via the campus recruiting website a few days later I received an email with instructions on setting up an interview. I set up the interview and was essentially just asked behavioral questions:

Why I am applying to GE?
    What about Software Engineering interests me?
    What was a time I had to deal with someone who did not work well in a group?
    When was an instance I took a leadership role?
    ...etc.

Overall it has been probably the easiest interview process I had.

Interview Questions

• It was all behavioral questions, and when I asked why there was no technical portion of the interview. I was told it was because they could train you to do anything, they cannot change a persons attitude towards doing it.   Answer Question

EID Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Indianapolis, IN) in September 2013.

Interview

Attended career fair in Indianapolis and interviewed with a recruiter.

Interview Questions

• Mostly behavioral. Asked questions such as hardest failure or thirst for success.   Answer Question

EID Intern - GE Energy Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in October 2009.

Interview

Interview was both technical and behavioral. Technical questions included how to create low-pass/high-pass/band-pass filters, and why hybrid vehicles are more fuel efficient given the inefficiencies of power generation and transmission. Behavioral questions included how I was able to compromise when working with individuals with different viewpoints. Job was offered on the spot, and about a month was given before the offer had to be accepted.

Interview Questions

• How do you design a low-pass/high-pass/bandpass filter?   1 Answer

Negotiation

Not able to negotiate for intern salaries

Finance Intern, EID Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in October 2011.

Interview

During the career fair I met GE employees and enjoyed talking to them. Furthermore the phone interview I had were very interesting and I genuinely enjoyed speaking to the interviewers. I am very excited about this opportunity!

Interview Questions

• when you encountered an obstacle how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Negotiation

There wasn't much available to negotiate about though I have sent an email to one of the recruiters about requesting a particular location of GE. Hopefully I will receive it!