GE Information Technology Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Information Technology Interview Questions

Updated Dec 9, 2017

52 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

IT Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Couple month process. Very professional. Did counter offer. We're open to negotiating pto. I had 8 different interviews over a 2 month time period. Once you're in there's a learning curve to get the culture down

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you handled a difficult user during a time of a lot of change   Answer Question

Negotiation

Do negotiate

HC IT Lead Professional Band Interview

Anonymous Employee in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Chicago, IL) in May 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Was asked to answer several job-related questions via email. Received a phone call from the hiring manager, conducted brief phone screen, and determined my salary requirements were too high, ended conversation. Hiring manager called back the following day indicating the position now met my salary requirements. Continued phone interview. Flew to Chicago for in-person interview. Had two follow-on phone screens. From application to offer, everything went surprisingly fast given the size of the organization.

Interview Questions

• Asked what specific technical experience I had. Answered with component level and worked my way up to the enterprise system from there.   Answer Question

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sunnyvale, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Sunnyvale, CA) in February 2016.

Interview

Another seemingly innocuous interview question, this is actually a perfect opportunity to stand out and show your passion for and connection to the company. For example, if you found out about the gig through a friend or professional contact, name drop that person, then share why you were so excited about it. If you discovered the company through an event or article, share that.

Interview Questions

• What motivated you to do your best work   1 Answer

IT Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

After applying I heard back after a couple of weeks to set up the interview. The interview was about an hour with 3 senior people from different divisions at varying levels. Questions asked were mainly behavioral questions and was pretty easy. The interviewers were friendly and made me feel comfortable.

IT Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Charlottesville, VA) in October 2015.

Interview

I spoke with a recruiter at a career fair at my university and applied for the internship online afterwards. I was then given an interview at my school with two members from their hiring staff. The interview was behavioral and the questions were pretty standard, though it was sometimes difficult to come up with a response quickly.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you have failed.   1 Answer

IT Project Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH) in August 2015.

Interview

Had phone screen with HR. Then met with 3 people, hiring manager, peer, and HR manager on-site. The process was long. It took over 2 months to hire me. I wasn't sure they were still interested. Paid a signing bonus.

Interview Questions

• No behavioral questions. Just asked about experience and why I wanted to work there.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Got sign-on bonus. Negotiated another week of vacation. This doesn't matter now though. Everyone gets unlimited vacation.

SCM IT Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cleveland, OH).

Interview

Applied through internet ( found job on Indeed), had two interviews with hiring Manager and another SCM architect. Both went well and was invited to onsite. However the business manager at my first meeting seemed to have a preconceived notion, may be a misalignment with IT team about which kind of system to implement and what skills are needed. This SCM manager came in late by about 15 minutes to the meeting, started asking questions and the interview seemed one way, just what I can offer to the job and not what exactly leaving any leeway for learning new things/skills at the job. He then started looking at his cell phone when I was talking. I understood the result. Just completed the rest of my discussions with other people as scheduled and head back home. I left that even if they were to offer the job, I would not take it as this seems to be all work and no return from employee perspective and also indicates an internal war between IT and business. I just did my MBA and had so many lessons about 6sigma and GE and was shocked to find that GE lighting was getting rid of six sigma!

Interview Questions

• Very technical - related to SAP, GATP, APO, pull and push chains   Answer Question

IT Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Trevose, PA).

Interview

Submitted resume on-line. Within a few days was contacted by the hiring manager for a brief telephone screening interview. This was followed up with a face-to-face interview, where I met with the hiring manager and HR manager. I then participated in 2 additional phone interviews with people who would be peers. The interview process was cordial and professional, but everyone I met had meetings scheduled within 45 minutes of our meeting start time. In all cases they terminated the interview exactly at their planned meeting time, which left me feeling rushed to try to ask all of my questions. Only one interviewer offered to call me back immediately after his meeting to finish the interview.

Interview Questions

• Two different interviewers asked me the same question: Describe a time where you had to make an unpopular decision and stand by it.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online at the University career site (resume submit) and was given an on campus interview offer. Interview was very behavioral and very relaxed. There was an HR and a technical representative present, but no technical questions were asked (mainly about technical experience, not testing on technical knowledge). Overall it was a very relaxed interview.

Interview Questions

• When was a time when you had an issue while working in a group and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Project Manager - IT Security Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Very long and drawn out with a series of phone interviews and a final day of interviewing with multiple managers. The whole process took about a month and was very repetitive and mundane, which contributed to my lack of excitement towards the job at the end. The phone interviews, with different people, often asked me the exact same behavioral and situation-based questions so it was clear the interviewers were not communicating together. Some of the questions were challenging if you had limited experience with an exact or similar situation, but they were generally easy to walk through and they are just looking for your analytical and social thought process. Ultimately, I did not feel the values and personality traits of the team I interviewed with aligned well, as they are looking for a specific mold and expect you to emulate that, however I have a feeling this varies by the specific team and/or manager.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a situation where you were consulting on a project and you had to tell the client/customer that their intended direction was not correct or effective and how you convinced them to go with your desired solution/ideas instead.   Answer Question