GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,863 Interview Reviews

2.9

Innovation Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in January 2015.

Interview

Straight forward, nothing too stressful. Focused on previous innovation projects/experience. Technologies background key. Not a lot on culture, wished discussed more on people. What are your strengths and weaknesses, why do you want this job ... again standard questions/process.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Aix-les-Bains (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Aix-les-Bains (France)) in June 2017.

Interview

J'ai envoyé mon CV ainsi que ma lettre de motivation. Après 2 semaines j'ai eu un entretient avec le manager puis la RH qui a posé certaines questions concernant la personnalité.

Interview Questions

• Si quelqu'un vous voyait dans la rue, comment vous jugerait t-il ?   Answer Question
    • Avez vous déjà rencontré des difficultés ? Comment les avez-vous gérées ?   Answer Question
    • Qu'est ce qu'un bon manager pour vous ?   Answer Question
    • Quel point aimeriez vous améliorer chez vous et comment ?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Très bien, détails des missions pour le stage. Grille de gratification.

Senior Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in October 2014.

Interview

After applying online, get contacted from hiring manager for a phone screening interview which lasted 30-45 min. If positive impression, next step is site interview which is a full day process with typically 2-4 other interviews including HR and other managers as well as hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• Asked behavioral-based questions to assess how to manage conflicts? Ex. Tell me a time when you disagreed with your manager and how you addressed the situation.   Answer Question
    • Asked technical questions about area of engineering expertise for the role you applied for ex. Mechanical design, etc.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Shanghai, Shanghai (China)

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Shanghai, Shanghai (China)) in February 2014.

Interview

The interview is intense and open question. It follows the same interview style as other companies. Solid GPA in University is required. Kind manager but hard questions given. I really enjoy my first job in GE, it opens my career in life.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Interviewed by 2 men. Didn't receive any skill related questions just behavioral. Would advise to study star method to help with behavioral questions and be ready for situations you haven't experienced because they get into detail

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

the process took a couple of weeks, first interview is just quick phonescreening with an hr rep then an on site interview which is more of a technical one

Production Supervisor Interview

Anonymous Employee in Lynn, MA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Lynn, MA) in May 2014.

Interview

First there was an initial phone screening by the HR recruiter, followed by a HR person phone screening. Shortly after I was asked to come for an interview . Spent 30 minutes with the plant manager and HR, then had a peer interview and a tour of the shop.

Interview Questions

• Typical questions - Why GE?   1 Answer

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE in February 2016.

Interview

Was straight forward and fast. Result was announced soon and interviewer was courteous. Technical interview was mainly focused on OOPS and Design patterns and with more focus on algorithms. HR interview was good too. Overall nice experience

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paris (France)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Paris (France)) in February 2016.

Interview

Deux entretiens d'1h qui se déroulent de manière plutôt classique avec une présentation de l'entreprise et une présentation du candidat et de son parcours académique et professionnel. La plus grande partie de l'entretien consiste en des question - réponses pour déterminer si le candidat pourra potentiellement convenir à la culture de l'enterprise.

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (São Paulo, São Paulo (Brazil)) in May 2017.

Interview

Online application, sending CV. Then I was asked to record a video interview with around 10 questions (7 in local language and 3 in English). Normal interview, asking to present myself, why GE, why should I be hired, if I knew some subjects (Lean, Six Sigma, etc.).