GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,825 Interview Reviews

2.9

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting. First round was with an alum, 2nd round was flown to Houston for a 3 min presentation about your work experience, 2 behavioral and a case, third round was a conversation with the program manager. The case was basically impossible and everyone does poorly on it so just make sure you say things like "this is what I think does everyone agree" and make sure you're vocal.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
      How do you influence people if you're not the leader of the group
      How do you work in teams
      How do you handle conflicts or disputes
      How do you handle stress/ a lot of things at one time
      Why GE, Why the program,
      TWO strengths and TWO weaknesses
      Technical question: Just means a brainteaser. Mine was you have a three gallon bucket and a five gallon bucket, without measuring how do you make 4 gallons
      The case was basically impossible and everyone does poorly on it so just
      1 Answer

EEDP- GE Oil&Gas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied on the GE website, after a week I was called to set a phone interview first where they asked me the usual HR questions (tell me about your career, hobbies ecc).
    After other 2 weeks they set the Onsite interview with one week notice.
    The intervew was composed by:
    1 hr presentation of the program
    2 technical interview with 45 min allotted time each
    10 min max free presentation (one slide) we had to prepare for the event
    We started at 9 am and it all ended at 3 pm

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

On campus interview. I did not make it past the first round but it was very behavioral. Very nice interviewers. I have heard the program is very hard but rewarding

Data Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 7 weeks. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

From application to end, process took 7 weeks.
    Got an email from a recruiter almost a week from submitting an application. The email requested a time to speak later. It was very brief, maybe 10-15 minutes. Went over school projects, then explained next steps. Had a technical interview 20-30 minutes with no behavioral questions. Focuses were on Java, data structures, OOP, JavaScript, and SQL. Received a call back from recruiter a few hours later, asking if interested in moving to the next steps. Last step was an onsite interview.
    Three sets of 1:1 thirty minute interviews with lead management. First round all behavioral questions and getting to know you moments. Second was behavioral and with some technical questions like basic Java, and some other development questions. Third round was more about what they’re working on, and some behavior questions. Each give you plenty of time to ask questions at the end.
    Later came a whiteboard test from a current employee and another member of the leadership from the digital program. Some JavaScript questions. Requested feedback 2 weeks after onsite, heard back from recruiter after another 1 1/2 weeks.

Interview Questions

• Time you took a risk and failed terribly.
      Explain agile.
      Time you had to push an unappealing procedure.
      Time you have to provide good communication.
      What accomplishment are you most proud of?
      Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in December 2016.

Interview

had a phone interview that lasted for less than 10 min. the interview process was easy asked simple basic questions. the recruiter had to stop the interview because she wasn't sure about hiring interns who are international students

Payroll & Benefits Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I had 2 phone interviews and 1 onsite interview. The first phone interview was with the recruiter and the second was with the hiring manager.

I had 2 separate meetings during my onsite interview. The first meeting was with the Sr Manager and Manger. It was hard to take the first meeting seriously because the Sr. Manager was laughing a lot for some unknown reason. The second interview was with 2 specialists who were in the role I was interviewing for. The interviews was structured and I was provided with a thorough overview of the position.
    I was informed that a hiring decision would be made after the holidays. I sent two follow up emails to the recruiter after the holidays and did not receive a response. After not receiving a response, I knew that I was not selected for the position. I checked my status a couple of weeks later and saw that it was updated. The day after I checked online I received an auto generated email informing me that I was not selected.

It was completely unprofessional of the recruiter to not respond to my emails. As a recruiter, I understand that it might not be possible to call everyone that is not selected for a position. However, responding to my emails would have taken less than 5 minutes. The lack of response and ultimately respect for my time, tainted my candidate experience.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time that you failed or were unable to complete an assigned task and how to responded? (I do not remember the exact phrasing so I paraphrased)   Answer Question

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Processing took 2 months and I took another company offer. They asked two technical question which is not too bad. They were really nice and would accept their offer if i did not get another offer

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Got an on campus interview. Lasted about 45 min. Felt that the interview went very smoothly, asked lots of questions to the interviewer and they were very personable. However, I did not make the second round. I received an email that said I could get feedback if I wanted it, and I replied but never got a response after that.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interviewed with current engineer at GE with over a decade of experience at GE, friendly conversation but many behavior questions that can get ridiculous. Need to talk about many experiences and how you would fit into GE!

Interview Questions

• Many behavior questions:
      time you took a risk and result
      how did you contribute to a project
      Answer Question

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Gave recruiter my resume at Career Fair, then got a call later about setting up an interview. It went fine for my first interview and acted also as a practice for my future interviews because I did not want the internship anyway.