GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

2,024 Interview Reviews

2.9

Flexible Fuel Operator Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Wilmington, NC) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online 2 weeks later I received an email. The email was an invitation to take there assessment test. The test primarily consists of mechanical, mathematics, and common sense.

Lead Project Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Long and drawn out across 7 weeks. Interviewed 5 times over the 7 weeks with a few people twice. Was told I was a good fit then while waiting on an offer letter received a call saying the job was on hold.

Lead Accountant Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Received an email for a phone screen the day after I applied. Another 24-48 hrs and I received an email that they would like to bring me in for an onsite interview. The coordination of the onsite interview was then handed off to a different individual and I waited a week to hear back from her on dates/times. Attended my in-person interview with 3 different individuals (one at a time), was walked out and told they would be in touch. I received a call the following week stating that the HR manager would like to do a phone interview with me (final step). Had the phone interview and heard back the following work day that they would like to extend an offer to me. I countered. Had to wait another week in order to hear anything back. They countered and I accepted. I had advised I would need to give a month's notice and they asked me to start in 1.5 weeks. I pushed back and was given 2.5 weeks. HR representative responsible for coordinating onsite interview and offer was terrible at responding and dropped the ball several times. a

Interview Questions

• Standard interview questions: "Tell me about a time you..."   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied online and heard back within 2 weeks the first time. My interviewer was kind of intimidating. Asked me normal interview questions, but also asked basic accounting questions. I tried to answer some questions to the best of my ability but they were not the right answer that he wanted. Felt like a pop quiz rather than an interview. My second interview was through a video conference and was a lot easier. Was made an offer right after getting off the phone.

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dearborn, MI

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Dearborn, MI).

Interview

Lots of behavioral questions. Interviewed by 2 men. Didn't receive any skill related questions just behavioral. Would advise to study star method to help with behavioral questions and be ready for situations you haven't experienced because they get into detail

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

There were total 4 interviews, one phone interview with recruiter, 2 onsite panel interviews, one panel interview with 2 managers and another with 2 managers and last Skype interview with another manager. All the interviewers were very polite and nice, best part was that they all were very responsive and vigilant in telling the next steps and kept me up to date on each and every step throughout the whole process.

Interview Questions

• What is one quality you like in a manager? What is one thing you don't like in a manager?   Answer Question
    • What are your future longterm goals?   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

There were two interviewers, who both attended my college. The interview was strictly behavioral, which I was prepared for since I had done some background research on Glassdoor before the interview. Since I knew what questions they were going to ask me from looking on Glassdoor, none of them really threw me off and I was able to answer with ease. I received an offer about a week after my interview.

Interview Questions

• What accomplishment on your resume are you most proud of?   1 Answer

Engineering Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hooksett, NH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Hooksett, NH) in June 2017.

Interview

Everything up until the interview was pretty smooth. Of the 2 different people i was told I was meeting with I never met any of them. Interview was very unprofessional, one of the 6 interviewers actually fell asleep half way through the 20 minute interview.

Leadership Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

I was a Co-Ops for GE Power and Water for 5 months. After that i was recommended by my manager to join the Leadership Development Program. The interview process was efficient and it took about 1 month to get an answer back from them that i was successfully to join the program.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Interview had multiple rounds and the technical round was highly technical.
    Interviewers were knowledgeable and had great reviews about the company.
    This was followed by an HR interview which was quite simple.
    GE focuses a lot on culture and individual persona, so make sure you believe in their core values.

Interview Questions

• why do you want this job?
      A situation where you influenced decision
      A situation where you were unable to deliver what was asked and how you handled it   2 Answers