GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 23, 2017
1,752 Interview Reviews

2.9

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

I met them at a career fair and they called me for an on campus interview. The interview itself was a typical behavioral interview. They didn't ask anything really technical besides asking me to elaborate further on things I had on my resume.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time you had to go against the majority of the team.   Answer Question

Summer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Austin, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Austin, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

The interviewer was nice but didn't seem to personally care too much. He went over each question really fast without any feedback to the responses. Wrote down some stuff when I answered it. Sent a thank you note but never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you put someone else before yourself in a project.   Answer Question

Dmc Interview

Anonymous Employee in Irvine, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Irvine, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

It was super quick. Didn't really give us a good description of what was going to happen at the actual job. Friendly interviewers. Nice office. Seems like people are stressed most of the time. Overall it was pretty easy interview

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Boston, MA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Boston, MA) in October 2016.

Interview

Applied through TechHire, a recruiting agency. Received and passed code test. Then GE HR set up phone interviews with hiring managers. The phone interviews went well then the GE HR disappeared after email check-ins. Wow.

Interview Questions

• The usual front end questions you can google and prepare for and some backend Node/Postgres/MongoDB terminologies and how to use.   Answer Question

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI) in October 2016.

Interview

Took me 3 months to get the 1st round interview on the phone. Was sent an email saying I had advanced to the second round and was flown out to Milwaukee for the final round. There i had 3 interviews (1 - 2 on 1 and 2- 1 on 1s) with HR and Finance Execs.

Health and Safety Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

First wss a phone screen call with HR, another interview with management and then Very long and drawn out on site interview , with a team of people asking the same questions at different times.

GE FMP Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE in October 2016.

Interview

Applied online and went to an interview on campus. Overall very nice, interview was mostly behavioral based. Have questions ready to ask at the end because they want more than a couple

Interview Questions

• When was a time that you have failed and how did you overcome it   Answer Question

Software Engineering Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Luis Obispo, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GE (San Luis Obispo, CA) in October 2016.

Interview

A lot of the questions were behavioral, and a few technical questions. The interviewer was kind and really knew what he was doing. I actually wanted to apply for the DTLP but somehow they focused me in on the position as a Software Engineering Specialist, which I wasn't even interested in. I heard back from them within a week.

Interview Questions

• What is one instance where your leadership in a project failed?   Answer Question

GE Transportation Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

Was really laid back, was interviewed by an alumnus of the school I went to. Asked some of the typical behavioral questions you'd expect, like "can you tell me a time where you showed leadership skills?" and "can you tell me about a situation where you didn't do as well as you expected to, or failed?"

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you showed leadership skills?   Answer Question

EID Engineering Interview

Application

Interview

I spoke with a representative from GE at a career fair I attended.The representative gave me some information about internships that GE offers, which is what I was interested in. After we finished talking she said to send my resume to a manager at GE with my information. I did so and the manager emailed me back a few days later to set up a phone interview. We had a phone interview which lasted about 45 minutes and visited of mostly behavioral questions. I applied online and a few days later GE sent me an offer for an internship position. Overall, the experience was great and the folks were easy to talk to.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negation due to the position being an internship and not a full time job.