GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 16, 2018
2,047 Interview Reviews

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albany, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Albany, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

applied online and was contacted via email to set up a phone interview. had 15 min call with interviewer and was told i would hear either way the following week. did not receive word from them until over a month later

Interview Questions

• Heavily emphasized working with MS access, requirement was not listed in their job posting   1 Answer

Logistics Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

i started giving a brief background working history with other companies and discussing the type of work is offered. then i have been referred to the higher management for interview and been given three months as a time for examining my performance

Interview Questions

• what type of work did you have in the years you have employed   1 Answer

Intern Interview

Interview

A lot of behavioral questions were asked. Nothing technical, but it was only for an internship and I was pretty young. It was basically just the interviewer trying to see if you would fit into their culture. They like people who show leadership potential. They also a silly "logic" question to see what my way of thinking was.

Interview Questions

• How many post offices are in the US?   1 Answer

FMP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The interview was most behavioral questions. Very nice conversation. It lasted for half an hour for the phone interview. Second round was an online test and third round was finance manager interview.

Interview Questions

• biggest strength; what do you know about corporate finance? Why fmp not big four?   1 Answer

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Behavioral- 2 rounds. Met recruiter at a college job fair. 2 weeks later I got a call back and met on campus for an interview. Laid back and very nice HR manager

Intern Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Phone screen w/ HR with some easy questions
    Then, an in-person interview where I talked to a few members of the team. Felt more like a conversation and very nice talk.

Design Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in March 2017.

Interview

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 week. I interviewed with GE on the phone in March 2017. I was mostly presenting to the interview team and sometimes had interaction. Overall it was a good experience.

Interview Questions

• Can you go through your favorite projects and show us your design process   Answer Question

Planner/Buyer, GE Oil & Gas Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Minden, NV

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Minden, NV) in March 2017.

Interview

Well organized with excellent communication through their recruiting team. Began interview promptly and ended in approximately 45 minutes. Asked relevant questions regarding production priorities, conflict resolution and computer skill set.

Interview Questions

• How have you a handled a conflict involving disagreement on a point with your supervisor in the past.   1 Answer

EHS Specialist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I had a less than 5 minute phone call from GE just to see if I was interested in an EHS position. I said yes and submitted an application per their instruction. I applied to several other EHS positions with GE as well. I’ll be brief. EHS jobs with GE usually require a minimum of 3 years of experience to be considered, but attending the right school(s) will overwrite that requirement, as evidenced by the numerous young graduates who have obtained GE EHS jobs with nothing more than an internship. My college experience took place in my late 20’s after spending almost a decade in manufacturing, as I had to put myself through college. I graduated with stellar grades, successful internships and recommendations from highly respected individuals in my program and field. It’s disheartening to see people (past and present) with little to no experience make almost six figures, when studying was a chore, grades meant nothing and keg stands and parties were the priority…..and someone with my background wasn’t worth a single interview, let alone a phone interview. I wish GE and several other companies would stop saying “we want the best and brightest.” You obviously do not want the best and brightest as those of us near the top, with real experience hear nothing in regards to our resume/application and later find out that the person(s) who could never show up to any class before 10AM just got on offer for 85K!

Digital Interview

Anonymous Employee in Charlottesville, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Charlottesville, VA) in March 2017.

Interview

Got a phone screening from a senior manager. The interview lasted about an hour long. Talked about my resume, my activities and my internship experience. Asked a few questions about Java. Pretty much simple questions.