GE Interview Questions | Glassdoor

1,844 Interview Reviews

2.9

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (Binghamton, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Behavioral Interview. Asked me about my resume, how I have handled certain experiences, about my strengths and weaknesses, etc. Interviewers were polite and allowed me to think before answering questions. Interview lasted about 50 minutes. Received the interview after attending a school career fair.

ITLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

First stage is phone interview, then you will be called to the site and see other applicants for a group interview. the entire process took more then one months. HR will call you few weeks before the program starts. EID is another program for junior in college or first year grad to apply.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone screen - Recruiter reached out first and discussed the company, role and need
    Phone screen - Hiring Manager reached out to gauge interest and set expectations for in-person interview
    In person interviews - Panel interview ( 5 members of the team - 2 remote on tcon, 3 local including the manager) - Was very relaxed, encouraging and defenitely not intimidating
    Three 1 on 1 interviews
    Project Manager - Good deep dive discussion about their projects and expectations
    Senior Engineer - Good discussion around software release, development tech stack, methodology and need for program help
    HR - More of a summary, bit of personality and temperament assessment, salary expectation, start date etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation that I have successfully addressed in the past using EI?
      What were some of the lessons learned?
      How would I have handled it differently?
      1 Answer

Engineering Co-Op Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

It was a short thirty minute interview on my campus days after the career fair. The interviewer asked mostly behavioral questions that could be answered using the STAR format. There were no technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you went beyond the call of duty. What were the end results?   Answer Question

Digital Technology Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

Campus Interview - will hear back in 3 weeks. Applied through University recruiting center and online application. Interview was about 40 minutes. All behavioral questions and then time at the end to ask questions to the interviewer.

Interview Questions

• What is one example of a team where some members weren't pulling their weight and what did you do?   Answer Question

Entry-Level Digital Interview

Interview

The first round consisted of all behavioral questions. It was one on one, lasted half an hour, and the questions focused a lot on teamwork and leadership skills. I was also asked to describe previous project experience. Overall, it was an enjoyable process. Currently still waiting to hear back the results of the interview.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

First interview was behavioral and on-campus, pretty basic. The on-site interview consisted of a coding challenge, 2 technical interviews, and a group exercise. The technical interviews were basically them asking simple design questions and about my projects in dept.

DTLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY).

Interview

After the career showcase, I interviewed on-campus with one of GE managers and one of their current DTLPs. The process was very smooth and the interviewers were very nice.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when one of the team members did not properly participate in the teamwork.   Answer Question

Digital Leadership Interview

Anonymous Employee in San Jose, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (San Jose, CA).

Interview

I applied through the my school's career fair and I got a response almost immediately for an interview. There a couple of technical questions (fairly simple however). The interviewer was warm and helped you where they could.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in October 2016.

Interview

The first step was a short 30 minute phone screen. This was followed by an in-person interview. I was flown out, expenses paid by GE. First was a 5 minute presentation that included technical questions and about me. The rest of the morning was spent doing 30 minute behavioral interviews with 5 different people, followed by a short group exercise with the other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you had a technical problem, how did you solve it?   Answer Question