GE Lead Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 30, 2017

2.9

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in April 2015.

Interview

first they called for phone screening and they asked many technical questions. I did respond to their questions as much I could. Then they asked me to go to their site for face to face interview

Interview Questions

• explain the type of job you do   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

EEDP interview was half a day with 5 technical reps and an HR review. Heavy in technical background. Ultimately proved to be a good thing as I was very impressed with the technical strength of all members of the redo program.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No salary negotiations accepted. HR holds the power at GE and are very good at preventing salary negotiations.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

GE was scrambling to staff a smart meter project. After a brief chat with a Lead Engineer, I interviewed 1:1 with a few of the staff and started as a contractor a few weeks later. I went through the same process again about 13 months later to convert to full time.

Interview Questions

• It was a pretty standard interview, no difficult or unexpected questions   Answer Question

Negotiation

Pretty standard, I asked for a $5k bump, got verbal agreement and it was missing in the paper version. It took a little pressure to get the agreed to amount.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in August 2010.

Interview

Interview was straightforward, very light on technical questions.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

The offer letter was for $5k less than I asked for, I asked for my original amount and after some protest the letter was amended.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Norcross, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Norcross, GA) in July 2010.

Interview

slow to respond and a long time to contact after closing date of application. Then only 2 days notice to get to Atlanta ga for interview. Did not pattach interview schedule to email. Had top request it again. Then schedule changed first thing the first day.

Anonymous Employee in China, ME

Application

I interviewed at GE (China, ME) in April 2008.

Interview

I submitted the application during a GE campus recruiting promotion and got the response from the company after a long time when I almost took the offer from another company. The first interview was via phone, mainly focus on technical competency interview. The interview went well and I was impressed with the interviewer's professional manners and also had good impression with the company.After that I was told to have an on-site interview which include both a technical presentation plus Q&A session and a HR interview. The technical one ran very well and I thought I gave a good impression to the interview team.But the HR interview I though was not good.But maybe because I was a fresh graduate at that time,my judgement is not correct and finally they gave me the offer.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Rome (Italy)

Application

I applied online. The process took 5+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Rome (Italy)) in July 2015.

Interview

first call with HR
    a second technical call with hiring manager and service manager
    face to face interview with service manager
    received proposal :-)
    All the process have been managed within 40 days.
    I applied for two positions, I have been evaluated for both then at the end, after F"F interview, they made an offer for the best matching role.

Interview Questions

• about my career path (is good to pass from training to project delivery service)
      about the way to manage relationship with customer
      point of weakness and point of strength
      why left a big company (like my current) to join GE (HR says "I'm making the devil's advocate")   1 Answer

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

i was invited for a Phone interview that lasted about 50 min. the interviewer was highly professional and friendly,the whole process boarded on behavioral and technical questions. i was invited for a second interview(face to face) that went pretty well.my third and final interview was over the phone.

Lead Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online and was interviewed over telephone within 3 weeks. The technical interview over phone was followed by a site technical interview and discussion with HRM. It took few months to receive the final offer.

Interview Questions

• Discussion with HRM: how did you handle a conflict with a superior?   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Surat (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Surat (India)) in September 2012.

Interview

very easy questions. less technical questions. only concentrate on why you want to join. what is your expected salary. when can you join us at earliest. Is the workplace near to home town. what are instruments used in gas turbine power plants. How power plant operates. start up shut down.

Interview Questions

• what is your expected salary   1 Answer

Negotiation

no scope. fixed salary.