GE Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Manufacturing Engineer Interview Questions

Updated Dec 22, 2016

3.1

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

applied online, they were doing on-campus interviewing. Got an interview the following week, after that I got a final round interview at GE Greenville which consisted of 4 30-45 min interviews. 3 high level engineering professionals and the last was HR

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Referred by internal employee, followed by a short phone interview. Hiring manager called back within a week to setup on-site interview. On-site interview was one on one with hiring manager. Was asked alot of the standard interview questions, tell me about work history, tell me about a time you had a difficult situation with a coworker and how you handled it.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed and what did you learn?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email about an interview a week later. Interview was laid back and it was pretty standard. The interviewer asked about resume and then followed with behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in September 2015.

Interview

I got an on campus interview following the career fair at my school. This was a 30 minute interview that was all situational questions. Felt a little uncomfortable as the interviewer was writing everything down on their tablet the entire time.

Following the on campus interview, I received notice a couple weeks later that I was invited back for an on-site interview. Everything was paid for (travel, housing, etc) and it was a rigorous all day interview. I think there was a total of 6, 30 minute interviews. Again, all of these interviews were very situational questions, none of them were technical questions. This followed by a brief plant tour as well.

Interview Questions

• Name a time where you had to make an unpopular decision. Why was it unpopular? and, why did you make it?   Answer Question

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Campus Interview was set up through campus online resource. Was held in campus interview center. Basic human resource behavioral questions. Be sure to know, elaborate and answer anything on your resume. Was a relaxed, easy interview. Knowing more of the position details and company values are a positive additive. Unfortunately, still waiting for a decision after two weeks.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in October 2014.

Interview

Applicants were questioned one-on-one. Interviewer asked questions such as whether the interviewee had previous experience using manufacturing equipment, hands-on automotive work, managing co-workers and processes. Interview lasted for about 10 minutes. Another interview would follow given the candidate met their requirements.

Interview Questions

• Do you do any work to your car?   1 Answer

Manufacturing Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied online, was contacted by HR. They put me in touch with the hiring manager by phone for an interview. I was asked to come on site for a day long interview where I had multiple groups interview me and some one-on-one interviews. No technical questions were asked, just experience questions.

Interview Questions

• What was something you originally thought you were very confident was correct and you had to change your mind about.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

Submitted resume through employee referral. First had a phone interview then was invited on site for a full day of interviews which included an interview with manager and HR, two employees in working group, plant manager, and two other managers. Was offered about a month later.

Interview Questions

• Some questions about manufacturing were too specific to be answered by someone of my experience.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in October 2011.

Interview

Social dinner event the night before (drinks/finger foods set out in an upstairs bar at a nice restaurant). They were mainly watching to see how everyone interacted in a social environment full of people they most likely didn't know.

Interview day was half a day long, but started extremely early (6:30 AM arrival time). You went through a few lectures, took a tour and then rotated through a few interviewers.

Interview Questions

• Nothing terribly difficult, although it was difficult to gage their reactions. Mostly interested in your work experience and things you've accomplished, things you regret.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in September 2011.

Interview

Have worked for the company for many years and decided to transfer to another business, therefore the interview may have been different than those given to outside candidates. The most important peice of advice is to be honest about who you are and your qualifications. Do not try to be someone you are not. This company has a reputation to secure, so maintain professionalism, even for hourly jobs, and if hired and given a chance, prove to be worthy. You must work hard and quality is key. They hold you to high standards, anything less will not be tolerated.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a complex problem you had to work on?   Answer Question