GE Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview Questions

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Schenectady, NY) in March 2008.

Interview

Signed up through school, interviewed on campus. Interviewer was really chill and relaxed. He took the time to explain the process to me before we started, asked all the questions he had to and then gave me time for questions. Really relaxed interview, even though I was freaking out.

I received an offer about 2 weeks later by email. Salary was competitive. I was given relocation expenses and a wonderful assignment.

typical questions were: Tell me about a difficult person?, Describe a time you have had to work on a team... etc.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult person   1 Answer
  • Tell me about a time you had to design, improve, or change something and how you tackled the problem.   Answer Question

Negotiation

no negotiations. I had 3 weeks to reply to the offer.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Mechanical Engineering Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied through University online job recruiting, was contacted a week later to schedule an interview, received an offer three weeks after the interview. The interview process consisted of basic behavioral questions and also consisted of the interviewer going through my resume and having me discuss each experience. He also gave a detailed description of the different types of work GE deals with, and had me describe what my ideal internship would concern and what I would like to acquire from it.

Interview Questions

• Describe for me the skills you can provide for GE as well as what you hope to take away from the internship.   Answer Question