GE Mechanical Engineering Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

33 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Berkeley, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Berkeley, CA) in October 2015.

Interview

This was a first round interview. The interview was on-campus and face to face. I was asked several behavioral questions that were mainly gauged at seeing whether I was a leader and whether I could work well in a team, and then I was given an opportunity to ask the interviewer questions about the company and position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you have worked with people who are difficult to work with.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbus, OH

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Columbus, OH).

Interview

only asked a few questions. I asked him questions and the answers were short and sweet. interview was really short. person didn't seem interested in being there at all and was rushed. I was very disappointed, I expected more from a company like GE. Oh well. I didn't get the second interview unfortunately.

Interview Questions

• What is your weakness?
      Tell me about a time where you lead a team to success
      What is your favorite animal?
      Describe a hard situation that you had to deal with and how you overcame it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pasadena, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Pasadena, TX) in March 2014.

Interview

The interview was initiated through a recruiting company that I applied to online. The interview was approximately an hour long with two project engineers. It began with basic work history and experience questions. Then I was asked technical questions about thermodynamics which was unexpected and I had a difficult answering them in detail.

Interview Questions

• Explain the three thermodynamic cycles in detail.   1 Answer

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Basic interview process, apply online, fill out all previous work experience (related to position you are applying for) relevant projects or leadership roles. The interview consisted of typical behavioral questions, tell me about a moment when you did XX to accomplish XX.. always answer these questions using the STAR method, meaning explain the situation, yours task, and result.

Anonymous Employee in Potsdam, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Potsdam, NY) in October 2012.

Interview

An HR manager and an engineering manager interviewed me at my campus during Fall career fair. Relatively simple interview. A few generic questions were asked about my skills set, they offered an opportunity during the interview for me to ask questions (so come prepared). Since my background is Applied Math & statistics, I've only taken a handful of engineering courses; that being said, the technical questions in this interview were a minimum, but directed more toward how my degree could cater to engineering roles.

Interview Questions

• What skills do you have that will help us?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in June 2010.

Interview

I had on-site interview at their Louisville office. There were 6 interviews (5 technical, 1 HR). All of them 1:1. People were all very nice and knowledgeable about their product and process.
    As far as interview questions, everyone asked more less the same behavioral questions. I should have prepared for these predictable questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a project you worked on that you are most proud of.   Answer Question
    • Describe a project you worked on that were most difficult.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE in March 2010.

Interview

Submitted resume through company site. Got an email to setup an in person interview. Round robin type of process for four hours. Met with 5 different people, hiring manager and 3 peers working in the same department and one from HR. Notified of an offer about 1 week later through a phone call from the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• HR pulled out the stereotypical elevator speech and strength and weaknesses.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Niskayuna, NY

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Niskayuna, NY) in February 2010.

Interview

Lab manager sent me an email after submitting resume through GE website for about 2 weeks. He asked to describe the research work on my resume. One week later I got a rejection letter. I believe the reason is that he is looking for a more experienced person even though the job is for entry level.

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

I applied for the mechanical engineering internship, but soon after I received an email from the recruitment office saying that my skillset best aligned with the systems engineering internship. I agreed to apply for that position instead. I passed the first screening and then I did the judgmental test. I was successful so they told me that the next step was a video interview...but i never got to do it because they found a candidate for that position the very next day.

Interview Questions

• a new team member enters the office while you are talking to your manager, who doesn't know them. what do you do?   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Basic screening interview followed by 3-4 technical face to face or video interview and HR interview. Based on how high the position is, it might take a bit long as many managers are involved in taking a decision