GE OMLP Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE OMLP Interview Questions

Updated Feb 28, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

On campus recruiting. First round was with an alum, 2nd round was flown to Houston for a 3 min presentation about your work experience, 2 behavioral and a case, third round was a conversation with the program manager. The case was basically impossible and everyone does poorly on it so just make sure you say things like "this is what I think does everyone agree" and make sure you're vocal.

Interview Questions

• Walk me through your resume
    How do you influence people if you're not the leader of the group
    How do you work in teams
    How do you handle conflicts or disputes
    How do you handle stress/ a lot of things at one time
    Why GE, Why the program,
    TWO strengths and TWO weaknesses
    Technical question: Just means a brainteaser. Mine was you have a three gallon bucket and a five gallon bucket, without measuring how do you make 4 gallons
    The case was basically impossible and everyone does poorly on it so just
    1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Got an on campus interview. Lasted about 45 min. Felt that the interview went very smoothly, asked lots of questions to the interviewer and they were very personable. However, I did not make the second round. I received an email that said I could get feedback if I wanted it, and I replied but never got a response after that.

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in November 2016.

Interview

one short behavioral question interview via phone.
    2 weeks later... had an on site interview in Cincinnati, OH.
    -presentation containing one process improvement you have come up with in the past.
    -3 1 on 1 interviews
    -group case study for about 30 minutes

Interview Questions

• Why aviation?
      Why OMLP?
      Tell me about a time you influenced someone or helped them lead?
      Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE in September 2016.

Interview

On campus interview after i spoke to recruiters at a job fair. i was contacted about an on campus interview within 24 hours and had an interview the following day

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Waukesha, WI) in January 2016.

Interview

Contacted to schedule interview via email
    4 interviews total over a 3 hour period, about 45 minutes to a hour per section
    Each interview with one or two people
    One interview was a presentation about a problem you encountered and how you resolved it
    At the end there was a tour of the assembly floor and lunch was provided

Interview Questions

• A lot of questions about problems you had with people and how you solve them.
      Whats your strengths and weakness?
      Why do you want this position?
      What do you know about the company?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC).

Interview

The interview process was a power round format and behavioral interview style. You were brought to a room to be interviewed with 1 interviewer for 30 minutes. Questions were behavioral. It felt that they were looking for fit and someone who could handle resistance and lead change. The personalities of the interviewers ranged from stone cold face to high energy personalities. At the end of the interview day, everyone interacts with the current program members who are informally evaluating you while being helpful and getting to know you.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you failed? What are your weaknesses? Tell me about a time you led a team and dealt with a difficult team member. A time you led change.   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The on demand interview took about 15 minutes. The questions were easy but you didn't have much time to answer them. Then you pass that, you'll have group dynamics and final interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time you used technology to solve a problem.   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE in October 2014.

Interview

I first found this position through my university's career services office. I was asked to submit my application documents on a Thursday, and I was scheduled for an interview on the following Tuesday. It was an on-campus interview, so that helped speed up the process.

Only two days after the interview, I received a phone call from the person who had interviewed me. She told me that she really wanted to continue with me for the second round of interviews, but she needed to discuss my work status. Unfortunately, GE does not allow the working visa sponsorship for internationals to participate in the OMLP in the U.S. That was the end of my interview process for the program in the U.S. but I was told that my application would be forwarded to the OMLP program in Latin America.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you had an incompetent boss and how you dealt with the situation.   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Interview

First round 30 min interview. Tell me a time where you showed leadership. Got asked for second round 5 back to back interviews. Asked tell me a time where you used techincal knowledge to solve a problem.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Fairfield, CT) in October 2013.

Interview

First round was on campus. Second part was a corporate get to know each other setting where they wanted to see how you acted in a cocktail party environment. Second round was at their corporate office and involved three interviews with three managers.