GE Oil & Gas Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 20, 2017

2.9

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cleveland, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Cleveland, OH) in October 2017.

Interview

Applied online through my university's recruiting website (Handshake) and then applied on the GE website. I got an email saying they want to interview me. Set up a time and day via Handshake. I talked to the recruiter, took about 25-30 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you felt uncomfortable in a situation and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Senior Director Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX).

Interview

First received an email from HR to set up a phone interview with the hiring manager. Phone interview of about 30 minutes with hiring manager in Italy. He told me I would hear from HR. Never heard from them again, even after a follow-up email to HR.

Senior Sales Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (New York, NY).

Interview

It was constructive, clear, based on submitted Resume and against opening required criteria, and it was in depth.
    No drifting from discussion and very focused, time was limited for each questions.

Interview Questions

• - Take About your self.
      - What are the areas that you think you can contribute.   2 Answers

Jul 18, 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! Thank you for taking the time to leave your feedback and happy to have you as a part of the GE team. ~Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in November 2016.

Interview

I spoke to the recruiter at a NSBE Conference in Houston where he gave me his email to set up a phone interview. I interviewed on Friday and got the offer the following Monday. Very quick process.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you helped someone achieve their goal.
      Tell me about a time you were obsessed with something and how you went about the research.   Answer Question

Jul 18, 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the review. We implemented a new walk in - walk out offers for Co Ops! Appreciate the feedback! ~ Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Digital Thread Lead/MDB Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

Entered application and resume on GE careers site, was invited to a phone interview that was rescheduled three times. The phone interview was scheduled for 45 minutes but the interviewer was five minutes late and concluded the interview 15 minutes early because HR had scheduled the interview over top of one of his meetings.

Jul 18, 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for the review! We have implemented a new People Leader program as we want to continue to improve in the areas you mention! Appreciate the feedback and if you wish I would like to connect... More

Electrical Engineering Interview

Anonymous Employee in Phila, PA

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Phila, PA) in October 2016.

Interview

Interviewed at the 2016 National SWE Conference. Offered internship on the spot and walked away with offer letter in hand. Interview was purely behavioral and focused on questions about my resume.

Executive Administrative Assistant Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX) in September 2016.

Interview

A contract HR person contacted me and urged me to come in right away the following day. I met with 2 individuals that ask an hour worth of situational questions and after I passed their questions, I was taken to meet with the person that I would be assisting. He asked personality type questions.

Interview Questions

• What qualities are you looking for in a manager? You are given $100 to plan an event for the team in 2 days, what would you go?   Answer Question

Jul 18, 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Thank you for your review. We appreciate the feedback. ~Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schertz, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Schertz, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview with HR recruiter, followed by a panel interview with engineers. The in-person interview is then followed by a manufacturing tour. During the wait period, I got two other offers and had to call them back to request a verdict.

Interview Questions

GE Oil & Gas Response

Jul 18, 2017 – Sr Talent Acquisition Partner

Great review! We continue to work hard at being a faster moving company. It is hard being a big company but that is no excuse. We really value reviews like this to help us always continue to get... More

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas in August 2016.

Interview

I applied for the position in July 2016, got a pre-screen questionnaire within 2-3 weeks. Then I got invited to do an in-person interview at their location. I had 3 interviews for 45 minutes. It was simple and pleasant enough. Very easy and laid back environment that I felt like it was a conversation and not an interview.

I thought it went good. Not great, but good.

Tried contacting the hiring manager for a follow-up but I never received a call back.

Interview Questions

• Questions were mostly scenario based. No behavioral. Also, it was more like clarification questions pertaining to my resume.   Answer Question

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Oil & Gas (Houston, TX) in July 2016.

Interview

Applied online, got a pre-screen questionnaire about 2 weeks after applying. Had a phone screen, just to find out they are really pursuing an internal candidate. The sad thing is this would be the 5th interview I had that was already a pre-canned candidate. Please do not waste candidates time if you have no intentions of bringing them into the organization. I was laid off from this organization in March 2016 so it's not like I am a total outsider.

Interview Questions

• What is your background that applies to this requisition?   Answer Question