GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Feb 27, 2017

2.8

Marketing Leader Business Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in August 2016. Screening call was in first week of November 2016. Then a call with the hiring manager. Later i was invited to a face to face interview at site. Overall experience was great.
    You need to show passion about the role.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter. After a brief phone screening by the recruiter I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted over an hour. Questions were to the point and they had a really good idea who they were searching for the role.

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied for a different opening. Was contacted around 2 months later by a GE Recruiter for another position. Had general discussion on Wilmington area. Had One Technical Phone Screening. Three HR skype interviews. No feedback or contact after that.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were HR like and did not seem to be related to the job. e.g. What are the challenges of working from home.   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

DONT STRESS, it was way easier than I worried for. The first wave of applicants was current interns only. I dont know how many applied, but there were 6 applicants interviewing the day that I went. The interview was held in Greenville, SC. The company flew me and another intern from my location out the day before. Myself and the other applicants were taken out to dinner by current program members. There was no evidence that they were taking notes here or anything. The company paid for a hotel overnight, and shuttles took us everywhere we needed to be. All travel expenses were comped by the company.

Day of, we broke into groups of 3. One group toured the plant, the other went right to interviewing. I toured first. After our tour, they had a "group" session with all 6 of us where we participated in an activity and current program members watched us and took notes (10 mins). Then, applicants individually (in a separate private room) gave ~5 minute presentations about ourselves in front of 2 hr representatives and 2 engineering representatives. They asked some questions at the end. After all applicants had presented, the hr representatives went into one room and the engineers to another. The applicants then alternated individual interviews with both parties. The hr interview was exactly as youd expect i.e. "tell me about a time when...". I had no clue what to expect for the engineering interview, but I was afraid it would be highly technical. Guess what? It wasn't. They asked some stuff similar to "tell us about what you've been working on in your internship". They also asked a single critical thinking question, like "how many beach balls could you fit into this room", wanting to understand how you problem solve. After that, we were shuttled directly to the airport.

Interview Questions

• What are three words OTHERS would use to describe you?   Answer Question

IT Commodity Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Power (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very tough question, but mainly ask about the commodity that was not listed in the job description and a system that I was not familiar with. What not even on the job description

Interview Questions

• What did I know about Predix   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Began with a phone interview verifying information from resume. An onsite interview was scheduled a week later via email. Upon arriving to the interview location, I was met by the lab manager and walked through the facility. Then we met with team leaders from the other parts of the building and we discussed my previous position and the requirements of the position I had just applied for. After a 20-minute interview with them, I was interviewed by the facility manager before having one final talk with the lab manager who was ultimately deciding on who was hired. The interview consisted mostly of descriptions of the instruments and software I had used and went largely according to the requirements in the job posting.

Interview Questions

• What kind of LIMS did you use in your previous position   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

telephone first, and telepresence second. No in person interview. Met with hiring manager, then with a panel. No face to face in person meeting. I was contacted first by the hiring manager. So I'm typing more words to meet your requirements, but don't really want to add anything. Do I meet the word minimum? how about now?how about now?how about now?

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the position.   1 Answer

Regeneration Operator Interview

Anonymous Employee in Saint Peters, MO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Saint Peters, MO) in January 2016.

Interview

In detail questions about ability to perform job. Questions about resin and ions like cations or anions. If i had ever worked with hazardous chemicals or knew anything about water filtration

Interview Questions

• Can you enter confined spaces?   1 Answer

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Interview

Flew me down to Greenville, all expenses paid. Had a social event with current program members to ask them any questions. The next day, the interview involved a short technical presentation, a technical interview, and a behavioral interview. We also got a tour of the plant.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which something didn't go as planned in a project or work and how you dealt with it.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview a week after the career fair. Two interviewers were there and asked questions for about 30-40 minutes. They started with basic questions then went on to mostly behavior questions. The two interviewers took notes and wrote down the given answers. The majority of questions started with "Tell us about a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you set a goal for yourself and reached it.   Answer Question