GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 29, 2017

2.8

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (Memphis, TN).

Interview

quick and easy i did a quick phone interview went in two days later for a panel interview and then came back the following week for another panel interview and another short phone interview then i was offered the job and hired.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

Multiple Skype calls with presentations and behavioral questions. Focus on past projects done on co-op. Screening phone interview before hand. Multiple stages of interviews first with hr and then with executives from the areas you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to convince some one to do something they didn't want to do.   Answer Question

Mechanical Engineering Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Power in October 2017.

Interview

It was a 30 minute on-campus interview. I was told that this would be the final interview. The interview experience was positive. However, it lacks all form of communication for the post-interview process. When I followed up with my interview, she informed me the HR department will take over from after the interview and I would know the result in a month. I never received any email from their HR department through the whole process. The lack of professional communication in this process reflects poorly on the company itself.

Most of the questions are about past experiences and tell-me-about-a-time questions.

Engineering Interview

Interview

I was contacted shortly after a career fair in order to schedule an interview the next day. The interview lasted about 35 minutes with two of the representatives from the career fair conducting the interview. The questions they asked were fairly typical. The interviewers were always very polite and respectful. They were very good about answering a couple questions I had at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest failure?   1 Answer

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed for this position over 17 years ago and process could be changed quite a bit during these years. There were 4 people involved in the interview process: a human resource manager, general engineering manger, mechanical engineering manager and application engineering manager

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quickly followed by onsite interview. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. The onsite interview consisted of a meeting with the manager and one other engineer and was followed by a panel interview by the entire team.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Very professional all day interview with lunch included. Tour of the facility was fantastic, and the people were friendly. I ended up getting the job. I highly recommend GE Energy, Reuter-Stokes, Optimization and Controls in Twinsburg, OH.

DTLP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the DTLP intern champion. The questions were only behavioral with a couple of questions about projects I have worked on. I was given an opportunity to ask questions after he was done asking me questions. I was given a verbal offer by the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team weren't doing their job and how did you handle it and managed to deliver your team's project on time   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Power in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from an internal recruiter about 3 days later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was conducted the following day. Lasted about 15 minutes. Standard screening questions. 3 weeks later received generic email that they were not moving forward.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Had to contact a friend in the company to submit my resume to make sure it got to the right people.

Flew me out to Greenville South Carolina.

Gave a tour of the manufacturing plant (very cool, huge machines).

Had to give a presentation on a technical project i had completed in the past, they asked a couple of questions, but since it was about biology and software it wasn't really in any of the interviewers field so they didn't have any tough questions.

Had a behavioral interview with some HR people that was pretty standard... "tell me about a time when you had to admit you were wrong...." type questions.

The a technical interview with some engineers. They asked some pretty tough questions but not like to go solve on a white board, more to like write out your thought process and how you might go about solving the problem. But really not THAT intense.

After the interview i got called by 5 different engineers within the company to ask me some general questions about my interests. I think this was because my background was chemical engineering and that isn't the most common major as the company does a lot of mechanical design things.

After getting the offer ( a week or two after my senior year began) I accepted and then had to take a drug test (hair sample).

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when you had to...." type questions for the behavioral interview.
      "how would you go about designing a process to separate a 50-50 mixture of substance X and substance Y" for the technical interview.
      "what was the hardest part about this project.." for the technical presentation.   Answer Question