GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Power Interview Questions

Updated Nov 22, 2017

2.8

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

Multiple Skype calls with presentations and behavioral questions. Focus on past projects done on co-op. Screening phone interview before hand. Multiple stages of interviews first with hr and then with executives from the areas you'll be working with.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to convince some one to do something they didn't want to do.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Interview

I was contacted shortly after a career fair in order to schedule an interview the next day. The interview lasted about 35 minutes with two of the representatives from the career fair conducting the interview. The questions they asked were fairly typical. The interviewers were always very polite and respectful. They were very good about answering a couple questions I had at the end of the interview.

Interview Questions

• What is your greatest failure?   1 Answer

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed for this position over 17 years ago and process could be changed quite a bit during these years. There were 4 people involved in the interview process: a human resource manager, general engineering manger, mechanical engineering manager and application engineering manager

Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Feasterville Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power (Feasterville Trevose, PA) in July 2017.

Interview

Phone interview quickly followed by onsite interview. The whole process took less than 2 weeks. The onsite interview consisted of a meeting with the manager and one other engineer and was followed by a panel interview by the entire team.

Senior Manager Interview

Interview

Very professional all day interview with lunch included. Tour of the facility was fantastic, and the people were friendly. I ended up getting the job. I highly recommend GE Energy, Reuter-Stokes, Optimization and Controls in Twinsburg, OH.

DTLP Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Power.

Interview

I had a phone interview with the DTLP intern champion. The questions were only behavioral with a couple of questions about projects I have worked on. I was given an opportunity to ask questions after he was done asking me questions. I was given a verbal offer by the end of the call.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when someone on your team weren't doing their job and how did you handle it and managed to deliver your team's project on time   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Power in May 2017.

Interview

Applied online. Received an email from an internal recruiter about 3 days later to schedule a phone interview. Phone interview was conducted the following day. Lasted about 15 minutes. Standard screening questions. 3 weeks later received generic email that they were not moving forward.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Had to contact a friend in the company to submit my resume to make sure it got to the right people.

Flew me out to Greenville South Carolina.

Gave a tour of the manufacturing plant (very cool, huge machines).

Had to give a presentation on a technical project i had completed in the past, they asked a couple of questions, but since it was about biology and software it wasn't really in any of the interviewers field so they didn't have any tough questions.

Had a behavioral interview with some HR people that was pretty standard... "tell me about a time when you had to admit you were wrong...." type questions.

The a technical interview with some engineers. They asked some pretty tough questions but not like to go solve on a white board, more to like write out your thought process and how you might go about solving the problem. But really not THAT intense.

After the interview i got called by 5 different engineers within the company to ask me some general questions about my interests. I think this was because my background was chemical engineering and that isn't the most common major as the company does a lot of mechanical design things.

After getting the offer ( a week or two after my senior year began) I accepted and then had to take a drug test (hair sample).

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when you had to...." type questions for the behavioral interview.
      "how would you go about designing a process to separate a 50-50 mixture of substance X and substance Y" for the technical interview.
      "what was the hardest part about this project.." for the technical presentation.   Answer Question

Bus Systems Program Mgt Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power (Trevose, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on-line. Six months later I received a call from the hiring manager, asking if I was still interested, and if so, could we set up an interview. I was, so we arranged a 30-minute telephone interview.

The hiring manager spent a few minutes talking about his role, the role I was interviewing with, and the company itself. He then asked a series of questions based around my experience with project management methodologies.

The questions were sometimes vague, but it was obvious the interviewer was looking for specific answers or buzzwords.

After about 20 minutes, he said that he wanted to give me enough time to ask questions, and so we spent the last 10 minutes on the questions I had for him.

Overall the interview process was relaxed and informal.

The hiring manager called me personally about a week and a half later to tell me that he was going with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have done, or what you have seen done at the companies where you worked, regarding project risk mitigation.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Initially got declined response via e-mail. Two months later, received a phone call from a manager. After a brief discussion, setup a rapid chain of events with HR, VTC, and in person interview scheduled in two weeks.

After in person interview, waited for over a month with no response. Was told HR was in turnover. One month later (two months since interview, six months since start, four months since phone call) received notice via e-mail that a company restructure was in progress.

Fairly standard interview questions. Shown around company, brief interview at desk, main interview over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to deal with a coworker who was difficult in the work environment.   Answer Question

GE Power Response

Mar 21, 2017

We continue to strive to give our candidates a great candidate experience. This feedback will help us dig into areas that require improvement. Thank you for sharing.