GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 22, 2017

2.8

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC).

Interview

Had to contact a friend in the company to submit my resume to make sure it got to the right people.

Flew me out to Greenville South Carolina.

Gave a tour of the manufacturing plant (very cool, huge machines).

Had to give a presentation on a technical project i had completed in the past, they asked a couple of questions, but since it was about biology and software it wasn't really in any of the interviewers field so they didn't have any tough questions.

Had a behavioral interview with some HR people that was pretty standard... "tell me about a time when you had to admit you were wrong...." type questions.

The a technical interview with some engineers. They asked some pretty tough questions but not like to go solve on a white board, more to like write out your thought process and how you might go about solving the problem. But really not THAT intense.

After the interview i got called by 5 different engineers within the company to ask me some general questions about my interests. I think this was because my background was chemical engineering and that isn't the most common major as the company does a lot of mechanical design things.

After getting the offer ( a week or two after my senior year began) I accepted and then had to take a drug test (hair sample).

Interview Questions

• "tell me about a time when you had to...." type questions for the behavioral interview.
      "how would you go about designing a process to separate a 50-50 mixture of substance X and substance Y" for the technical interview.
      "what was the hardest part about this project.." for the technical presentation.
      Answer Question

Bus Systems Program Mgt Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Trevose, PA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power (Trevose, PA) in April 2017.

Interview

I applied on-line. Six months later I received a call from the hiring manager, asking if I was still interested, and if so, could we set up an interview. I was, so we arranged a 30-minute telephone interview.

The hiring manager spent a few minutes talking about his role, the role I was interviewing with, and the company itself. He then asked a series of questions based around my experience with project management methodologies.

The questions were sometimes vague, but it was obvious the interviewer was looking for specific answers or buzzwords.

After about 20 minutes, he said that he wanted to give me enough time to ask questions, and so we spent the last 10 minutes on the questions I had for him.

Overall the interview process was relaxed and informal.

The hiring manager called me personally about a week and a half later to tell me that he was going with other candidates.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about what you have done, or what you have seen done at the companies where you worked, regarding project risk mitigation.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Initially got declined response via e-mail. Two months later, received a phone call from a manager. After a brief discussion, setup a rapid chain of events with HR, VTC, and in person interview scheduled in two weeks.

After in person interview, waited for over a month with no response. Was told HR was in turnover. One month later (two months since interview, six months since start, four months since phone call) received notice via e-mail that a company restructure was in progress.

Fairly standard interview questions. Shown around company, brief interview at desk, main interview over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to deal with a coworker who was difficult in the work environment.   Answer Question

GE Power Response

Mar 21, 2017

We continue to strive to give our candidates a great candidate experience. This feedback will help us dig into areas that require improvement. Thank you for sharing.

Marketing Leader Business Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in August 2016. Screening call was in first week of November 2016. Then a call with the hiring manager. Later i was invited to a face to face interview at site. Overall experience was great.
    You need to show passion about the role.

Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Atlanta, GA) in December 2016.

Interview

I was contacted by an external recruiter. After a brief phone screening by the recruiter I was scheduled for an interview with the hiring manager. The phone interview lasted over an hour. Questions were to the point and they had a really good idea who they were searching for the role.

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC) in August 2016.

Interview

DONT STRESS, it was way easier than I worried for. The first wave of applicants was current interns only. I dont know how many applied, but there were 6 applicants interviewing the day that I went. The interview was held in Greenville, SC. The company flew me and another intern from my location out the day before. Myself and the other applicants were taken out to dinner by current program members. There was no evidence that they were taking notes here or anything. The company paid for a hotel overnight, and shuttles took us everywhere we needed to be. All travel expenses were comped by the company.

Day of, we broke into groups of 3. One group toured the plant, the other went right to interviewing. I toured first. After our tour, they had a "group" session with all 6 of us where we participated in an activity and current program members watched us and took notes (10 mins). Then, applicants individually (in a separate private room) gave ~5 minute presentations about ourselves in front of 2 hr representatives and 2 engineering representatives. They asked some questions at the end. After all applicants had presented, the hr representatives went into one room and the engineers to another. The applicants then alternated individual interviews with both parties. The hr interview was exactly as youd expect i.e. "tell me about a time when...". I had no clue what to expect for the engineering interview, but I was afraid it would be highly technical. Guess what? It wasn't. They asked some stuff similar to "tell us about what you've been working on in your internship". They also asked a single critical thinking question, like "how many beach balls could you fit into this room", wanting to understand how you problem solve. After that, we were shuttled directly to the airport.

Interview Questions

• What are three words OTHERS would use to describe you?   Answer Question

Lead Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Wilmington, NC) in August 2016.

Interview

I had applied for a different opening. Was contacted around 2 months later by a GE Recruiter for another position. Had general discussion on Wilmington area. Had One Technical Phone Screening. Three HR skype interviews. No feedback or contact after that.

Interview Questions

• Most of the questions were HR like and did not seem to be related to the job. e.g. What are the challenges of working from home.   Answer Question

IT Commodity Leader Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Power (Atlanta, GA) in June 2016.

Interview

Very tough question, but mainly ask about the commodity that was not listed in the job description and a system that I was not familiar with. What not even on the job description

Interview Questions

• What did I know about Predix   1 Answer

Laboratory Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (The Woodlands, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

Began with a phone interview verifying information from resume. An onsite interview was scheduled a week later via email. Upon arriving to the interview location, I was met by the lab manager and walked through the facility. Then we met with team leaders from the other parts of the building and we discussed my previous position and the requirements of the position I had just applied for. After a 20-minute interview with them, I was interviewed by the facility manager before having one final talk with the lab manager who was ultimately deciding on who was hired. The interview consisted mostly of descriptions of the instruments and software I had used and went largely according to the requirements in the job posting.

Interview Questions

• What kind of LIMS did you use in your previous position   1 Answer

Senior Project Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Richmond, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Richmond, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

telephone first, and telepresence second. No in person interview. Met with hiring manager, then with a panel. No face to face in person meeting. I was contacted first by the hiring manager. So I'm typing more words to meet your requirements, but don't really want to add anything. Do I meet the word minimum? how about now?how about now?how about now?

Interview Questions

• Why I wanted the position.   1 Answer