GE Power Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Power Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Power

2.8

Sort:

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewing for this role in Houston from another GE Power Greenville (my former role). They scheduled within a week, 5 separate phone interviews with 5 team members, manager included. Each interview was about 1 hr, very casual, mixed between technical and behavior questions. I could tell they were not used to interview candidates. Within a couple of weeks, manager gave me an offer. I tried to negotiate but was told company policies for laid-off employees (GE) was offer non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Describe your understanding of gas turbine systems. Do you know of the controlled parameters for GTs? Why do you need to control those?   1 Answer

Leadership Program Interview

Anonymous Employee in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Cincinnati, OH).

Interview

Series of interviews over skype. Had to be an intern before you are allowed to apply. Presentation and sales skills were tested, as well as technical background. IF you do not know your projects inside out and backwards you will not do well.

Lead Mechanical Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Power (Houston, TX).

Interview

I was interviewed for this position over 17 years ago and process could be changed quite a bit during these years. There were 4 people involved in the interview process: a human resource manager, general engineering manger, mechanical engineering manager and application engineering manager

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Power (Greenville, SC) in July 2015.

Interview

During my internship there was a day-long interview process with a 5 minute presentation, 3 30-minute behavioral interviews and a group case. Two of the interviews were with 2 interviewers and one was a one on one. Overall, the interviewers were very nice, and it all went very well. No tough technical questions, mostly just situational stuff.

Interview Questions

• If we asked 100 of the people closest to you, what is one thing 99 of them would say?   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Power in September 2014.

Interview

Was set up after talking at my university career fair. I got a call the night of the career fair and set up an interview for the next day. It was a one-on-one interview with a recruiter that was working full time, in a manufacturing operations lead role. Not technical, wanted to know about team skills and projects I have individually had an impact on. Very professional. I got an offer within two weeks.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were working in a group and had to convince the majority to go with your idea?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in West Lafayette, IN

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (West Lafayette, IN) in September 2015.

Interview

I got an on-campus interview a week after the career fair. Two interviewers were there and asked questions for about 30-40 minutes. They started with basic questions then went on to mostly behavior questions. The two interviewers took notes and wrote down the given answers. The majority of questions started with "Tell us about a time when you..."

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time when you set a goal for yourself and reached it.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Anonymous Employee in Detroit, MI

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Power (Detroit, MI) in October 2014.

Interview

Completely unorthodox from most people. Went to a career fair, had a great conversation with one of the recruiters regarding turbines. I had a prior experience with one of their major competitors so that helped a ton. After the conversation he offered me the job right on the spot, no formal interview required.

Senior Technologist Interview

Anonymous Employee in The Woodlands, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (The Woodlands, TX).

Interview

Was asked to do a prepared 45 minute presentation with Q&A afterwards and then met with several members of the team individually.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

OK

Buyer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Wilmington, NC) in March 2015.

Interview

I had 1 phone interview and then an in-person interview with the hiring managers of 2 departments. They were fairly simple but again they are metric driven. Be prepared learn about the business and make sure you align your values with theirs. They want "yes" men.

Interview Questions

• They asked about metrics. Know about KPI and metrics for the role   1 Answer

Materials Interview

Anonymous Employee in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Power (Memphis, TN).

Interview

quick and easy i did a quick phone interview went in two days later for a panel interview and then came back the following week for another panel interview and another short phone interview then i was offered the job and hired.