GE Power Performance Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Power Performance Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Power

2.5

Performance Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE Power in November 2013.

Interview

I was interviewing for this role in Houston from another GE Power Greenville (my former role). They scheduled within a week, 5 separate phone interviews with 5 team members, manager included. Each interview was about 1 hr, very casual, mixed between technical and behavior questions. I could tell they were not used to interview candidates. Within a couple of weeks, manager gave me an offer. I tried to negotiate but was told company policies for laid-off employees (GE) was offer non-negotiable.

Interview Questions

• Describe your understanding of gas turbine systems. Do you know of the controlled parameters for GTs? Why do you need to control those?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE Power

Performance Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Glasgow, Scotland (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Glasgow, Scotland (UK)) in March 2016.

Interview

Applied online after contacting an employee at the company whose details were emailed to us through my university's employment office. After they reviewed my job submission I was invited to a personal interview. Interviewed at the local GE office in Glasgow. Quite large panel of interviewees, 7 people, as they were recruiting for 3 summer intern positions. Not quite informal, but I have been in touch with one of the interviewees so it wasn't a very awkward interview. No technical questions though. Good interview.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about your experiences? (CV) What do I know about GE? Who are the competitors? What happened in the past year that could influence the business segment that I was applying for? (Alstom acquisition)   Answer Question