GE Power Interview Questions in Schenectady, NY | Glassdoor

Interviews at GE Power

2.7

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY).

Interview

Applied online. Initially got declined response via e-mail. Two months later, received a phone call from a manager. After a brief discussion, setup a rapid chain of events with HR, VTC, and in person interview scheduled in two weeks.

After in person interview, waited for over a month with no response. Was told HR was in turnover. One month later (two months since interview, six months since start, four months since phone call) received notice via e-mail that a company restructure was in progress.

Fairly standard interview questions. Shown around company, brief interview at desk, main interview over lunch.

Interview Questions

• Tell us of a time you had to deal with a coworker who was difficult in the work environment.   Answer Question

GE Power Response

Mar 21, 2017

We continue to strive to give our candidates a great candidate experience. This feedback will help us dig into areas that require improvement. Thank you for sharing.

Marketing Leader Business Strategy Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied in August 2016. Screening call was in first week of November 2016. Then a call with the hiring manager. Later i was invited to a face to face interview at site. Overall experience was great.
    You need to show passion about the role.

Edison Engineering Program (EEDP) Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

There were two interviews that lasted 30 minutes each. One was an HR interview with 2 people that was behavioral question based. The other one was a technical interview with 2 Engineers.

I did not get an offer and was pretty shocked. I interned with GE Power & Water for 2 summers and thought I'd be a top candidate to get a full time offer for the Edison Program. They did not care at all about my previous internships with them. They based their decision solely on how I did in the interview. I interviewed well and had two good summer internships with them. My previous managers from my internships were never contacted and they hadn't even submitted their appraisal forms for me yet when they had made their decision. This company is more of a joke than you think and their hiring and placement process for the summer internship program and full time Edison program is extremely poor.

Lead Generator Applications Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Process was quick and accommodating to my stringent schedule. I was already a GE Employee and that may have affected the scheduling and pace. I was set up on 6 1-on-1 interviews with different people: manager, HR representative, team leaders, and team members. Make sure to have questions to ask. Each person I interviewed with expected questions (they don't have to be technical, it could be about the team or in general). Entire interview took 3-1/2 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why are you leaving your current position?
      What do you do if you are in front of a customer and don't know the answer to a question?
      Describe a situation where you had to balance opposing stakeholder requirements.
      Name a weakness that you have (when answering make sure to say what you are doing to mitigate or strengthen in that area!)   Answer Question

Student Exchange Engineering Development (SEED) Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in December 2014.

Interview

Interviewed with 4 people. I was originally scheduled for 3 people, but got one added during the actual on site. The first manager was the founder of this program, she asked me some basic questions like what's your career goals, why interested etc. then she helped me prepare for the rest of interviews. The other 3 interviewers are on the technical side, and they asked me questions based on my resume and experiences. One of the technical person actually spoke more about the position than ask me questions. Overall, there is few behavioral based question

Interview Questions

• This program requires at least two working periods, so what's your tentative schedule?   Answer Question

Negotiation

You know what, i still didn't get a offer till now, but since the above question was required, i had to select one.

Comm Ops Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Power (Schenectady, NY) in January 2013.

Interview

Met with 6 executives. Standard interview questions regarding background and skills. Some questions regarding behavioral scenarios that you cannot prepare for. Depended on the interviewer. Overall a great experience.