GE Program Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Mar 27, 2017

2.6

11 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Milwaukee, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Milwaukee, WI).

Interview

Phone screen - Recruiter reached out first and discussed the company, role and need
Phone screen - Hiring Manager reached out to gauge interest and set expectations for in-person interview
In person interviews - Panel interview ( 5 members of the team - 2 remote on tcon, 3 local including the manager) - Was very relaxed, encouraging and defenitely not intimidating
Three 1 on 1 interviews
Project Manager - Good deep dive discussion about their projects and expectations
Senior Engineer - Good discussion around software release, development tech stack, methodology and need for program help
HR - More of a summary, bit of personality and temperament assessment, salary expectation, start date etc.

Interview Questions

• What was the most difficult situation that I have successfully addressed in the past using EI?
    What were some of the lessons learned?
    How would I have handled it differently?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Program Manager Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE in October 2012.

Interview

Phone interview followed by two rounds of teleconference interviews. Most questions were related to work experience, skills possessed and future career aspirations. Other questions were behavior based, situation based and personality based.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Louisville, KY) in January 2012.

Interview

After having gone through the issue of work experience not actually equating to the perception of a degree, I pointedly asked the HR resource who did the initial phone screen to ensure that this was not an issue prior to continuing and wasting everyone's time.
    So much for that. As soon as I said I did not have an Engineering degree the thoughts of an offer disappeared. After noting that I had come from the IT side of the world I may as well have hung up.
    This after the hiring manager missed the first scheduled interview - due to not having it on his calendar. Then when he started this one, he didn't have a clue as to who I was or even sure what position I was applying for.
    Disappointing.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time where you were involved in process development.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waukesha, WI

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Waukesha, WI) in June 2011.

Interview

Interview process started with a telephone interview with an HR manager to discuss employment history and performance, goals, career drivers etc. Then the company flew me out to Wisconsin to do 6 separate one hour interviews with other HR managers and business leaders. Everybody was very professional and helpful, overall an impressive organization.

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Erie, PA) in April 2010.

Interview

Typical phone interviews first with multiple people. Then after one month, a face to face interview with the same team which included management and technical people. The interviews were easy and the questions were targeted towards prior experience. In addition, an employee at GE has two different managers, the HR manager and the business unit manager and both have to be considered.

Interview Questions

• I do not recall any hard questions or extremely intelligent questions that one would have to think hard before answering. The majority of the interviewers were more concerned with the candidates ability to fit within the complex and archaic culture.   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations. The HR manager made an offer and it was a take it or leave it attitude.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in July 2009.

Interview

HR Manager called to setup the interview with the hiring manager a day after I submitted my application. Hiring Manager asked standard questions- Resume walk, key projects, why GE etc". It was very conversational. However, I did not hear back until two weeks. Was called on-site for 1:1 interviews and a panel interview. Standard questions again around difficult situations colleagues, matrixed org etc. I was made an offer after 3months.

Interview Questions

• What are your weaknesses and what would you do if you disagree with your managers suggestions to improve?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. It was take it or leave it.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA) in June 2009.

Interview

The interview was rushed and disorganized. I didn't have time to ask many questions and felt in some ways like they knew I could do the job and were just happy to fill the seat. They appeared quite stressed and overworked - clearly they needed to hire resources at lightning speed. No difficult quesions - just wanted to validate that I had all the skills and experience to get on board and hit the ground running.

Interview Questions

• Can you be tough when needed?   1 Answer

Negotiation

no negotiation - take it or leave it

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Dallas, TX) in February 2008.

Interview

GE's interview process works as follow's:
    -Submit resume through GE Career System
    -Phone Screen with HR Generalist (this person normally knows NOTHING about the actually position, they are simply listening for buzzwords outlined on the piece of paper in front of them). The intent of the phone screen is to determine if the resume contents are legit and you are worthwhile of an interviewers time.
    -Panel Interview with Hiring Manager and a peer or two of the hiring manager. These interviews are behavioral in nature and revolve around questions related to the GE growth traits. Some of these might include:
    Give an example of a time when you had to independently lead a critical project and resolve a difficult problem.
    Tell me about a project that you led that required the involvement of people from various areas. What are some of the challenges that you faced? How did you overcome them?

-One over Interview with Hiring Managers boss. If you make this interview you are probably in the final two. This interview is also behavioral in nature and your answers should be exactly as stated in the Panel interview. This interview is normally conducted via phone.
    -The offer. The hiring manager will call with a salary offer. They will low ball! GE offers notoriouly low salaries, but counter.
    -The Counter. The hirinc manager will call back with the counter to your counter offer or acceptance of the counter.
    -HR finalization. HR will email you 5000 documents and tell you when you to show up to pee in a cup for your drug test.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you improved a business process using analytics   Answer Question

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hamble, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Hamble, England (UK)) in April 2016.

Interview

The pre interview administration was OK, but I was contacted by several different people. The face to face interview process seemed old fashioned to me, where the interviewers were looking for specific one word answers to their questions; which severely limits your ability to provide information about yourself and what you could bring to the role.

Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2015.

Interview

3 rounds, 1 technical , 1 leadership and 1 HR. Focus on architecture and program management questions. Overall the interview was good and level of questions asked focused on the area of expertise I was working on ( Enterprise architecture and Program Management). The questions were mainly focused on web architectures, agile based program management