GE Project Manager Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Project Manager Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.9

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in July 2010.

Interview

Prior to the interview, I had to follow somewhat confusing instructions as to what paper work need to be completed (application, confidentiality acknowledgment, etc) and who I needed to send it to. Too many people seemed to be involved with the interview set up and scheduling. Actual interview seemed awkward and position didn't seem like a good fit to me personally.

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interview process is different from when I was hired a long time ago. From my understanding, you will recieve an auto generated email from Brassring (the hiring system). The actual managers are responsible for all communications. Managers work with HR. HR creates the offer letters and submit a workflow for background checks. The whole process for Oklahoma City has gotten better from 4 months to one month. That is still a long time compared to other companies.

Interview Questions

• I am not sure, each hiring manager is different on what type of questions they ask.   Answer Question

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in July 2014.

Interview

Uses outside/contract recruiters, then once past that interviews are coordinated via HR person. Very well organized and transparent process. Hiring manager was open to dialog and spent quite a bit of time explaining his particular focus points and objectives.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite Phone interview followed by onsite

Interview Questions

Negotiation

Was offered 3 weeks PTO, got it up to 4 weeks

Project Manager Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in April 2010.

Interview

My interview process was incredibly lengthy and consisted of eight interviews, including one that lasted over two hours on a Sunday via phone. While GE is an excellent place to work, the interview process leaves something to be desired. In fact, it made me not want to accept an offer because there were elements of it that felt more like an interrogation than an interview. Ultimately, I accepted and now believe they are working to make this a better experience for candidates.

Interview Questions

• The demand to have my current manager's contact information, even though my company's policy did not allow for this.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in March 2012.

Interview

Interviewed with the CTO on a Sunday at a Starbucks. Reviewed the work and examined my experience and was satisfied with my capabilities.

Anonymous Employee in Greenville, SC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Greenville, SC) in February 2012.

Interview

Single interview. Very few questions asked. Interviewer seemed unclear on what needs and expectations were. Generic questions. No discussion of values, culture, expectations. Felt like I was running the show.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation. Initial offer was above my expectations.

Project Manager Interview

Interview

The interview was relatively standard. Interviewers consisted of the hiring manager, peer managers, and some other senior leadership that would be related to the position.

Interview Questions

• The standard questions about past work experience and background were asked.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Very cut and dry. The offer made was acceptable.

Anonymous Employee in Fort Lauderdale, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Fort Lauderdale, FL).

Interview

Initial Phone Interview with HR Rep. Really typical questions regarding experience. Second Interview was a group interview with Project Management Team and one person from Sales. Each person asked 2-3 situation based questions. It was really a feeling out process, they wanted to be comfortable working with me. You have to really sell your qualifications to them. Only a few technical questions.

Interview Questions

• How would you tell a client that you will not be able to reach the agreed upon delivery date?   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was quick. The benefits are great, but you must tell them what you really want because raises are stingy.

Anonymous Employee in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE (Atlanta, GA).

Interview

STAR question

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation