GE Renewable Energy Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Renewable Energy Interview Questions

Interviews at GE Renewable Energy

Optimization Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy.

Interview

I received a phone call, which happened to be an on the spot phone interview. After our chat, HR scheduled an on-site interview. There was confusion with who was supposed to take me to the conference room but eventually, someone came to get me and I started the interview process with 2 team members. After a while, 2 other team members took their place to interview me and finally the hiring manager finished up. The questions were a mix of my background, a bit of my knowledge on the technical, and mostly behavioral.

Interview Questions

• What are things that annoy you at the work place?   2 Answers

Staff Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy (Chicago, IL) in October 2018.

Interview

Telephonic with Hiring Manager and Onsite with couple of Jokers. A mix of technical and behavioural questions. Each interview was about of 45-60 minutes with lot of gap and no time sense

Interview Questions

• Mostly from the resume. Technical interviewers are more interested on getting details on how to apply those in their area more than evaluating the candidate. Some of the interviewers were rude.
      Spent nearly a day for the interviews. No response after the process for more than a week!. They didn't even sent a feedback mail!... After I followed up 2 weeks later, online application updated!   Answer Question

Edison Engineering Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Plano, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy (Plano, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

The program coordinator contacted me via email to schedule a time for me to have an interview. My interviewers were in South Carolina and I was in Texas, I had a telepresence interview. I was given approximately a month of lead time to prepare, and I did so by contacting many of the current EEDPs that had been through the interviewing process.

Interview Questions

• What was your favorite subject in college?   1 Answer

Financial Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Schenectady, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy (Schenectady, NY) in June 2015.

Interview

Visited site and interviewed with operations management onsite. There was also a phone interview with HR and a video interview with finance management. Questions were very easy and related mostly to prior work experience.

Technician Interview

Anonymous Employee in Ellsworth, KS

Application

I applied online. The process took 8 weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy (Ellsworth, KS).

Interview

First there was an over the phone interview, then you go to the windfarm and do a written test, then you do a contest, at the end you have your interview one on one with the manager, about two weeks later he will get a call and they will tell you whether you got the job or not

DTLP Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy.

Interview

The interview was behavioral based. GE hiring managers want to get an understanding if you'd be a good fit to GE's current culture. This is generally conversation based and somewhat laid back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about your biggest professional failure. Please provide the background of the situation, the consequences to the failure, and the outcome.   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a roadblock you've faced? How did you work around it?   Answer Question

GE Renewable Energy Response

Jun 19, 2019 – Talent Acquisition

Thank you for sharing your experience of interviewing with us. We are glad to hear that you had a positive experience.

Technical EID Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy.

Interview

I attended a national club conference, and a recruiter wanted to interview me at the conference. It was a fairly quick, 30 min behavioral interview. After the conference, they contacted me about my offer status.

Interview Questions

• What was a risk you took where it didn't end well?   2 Answers

Wind Turbine Technician Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy (Dallas, TX) in July 2019.

Interview

Received an Email from the HR person confirming my interest in the position. Few days after received a phone call from HR. Went over very basic stuff. Seemed like it went well.

HRLP Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy in January 2016.

Interview

After the submission, I got an email to settle a phone interview with Talent acquisition.
    The phone interview took place a week later. During the first interview you also get an overview of the entire Program. It went really smoothly.
    Second interview with HR Managar EMEA, HR Manager for HRLPs and HR Manager from the first rotation.

Interview Questions

• They asked about former experience, projects, solving problems situations, team management and other examples. Be prepared with examples and your real interest about the program.   Answer Question

Senior Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Barcelona (Spain)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Renewable Energy (Barcelona (Spain)) in September 2018.

Interview

Interview with corporate HR, then potential manager and final interview with local HR.
    **BE AWARE** they offered me the position without mentioning “contingence on successful screening” and they conducted background check AFTER. They do this through HireRight which are highly incompetent and provide a very poor report.