GE Research Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Research Engineer Interview Questions

Interviews at GE

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (New York, NY) in February 2015.

Interview

Process took about a month. Applied through university website, had an interview about a month later and heard back within two weeks. Interview was short and was asked several basic questions and one related to the project. The interviewer did not seem very interested but that may have been because I was one of the last to interview for the position.

Interview Questions

• why are you interested in working at GE?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

great interview with lot of turns. People ask simple questions. very length process. higher up people can be little rude. The mid level technical managers are polite and can be very supportive. For the presentation, candidate has to be prepared to talk in details on what they are presenting. Candidates can be asked in-sightful questions on what they are presenting.

Anonymous Employee in Niskayuna, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Niskayuna, NY) in December 2019.

Interview

Started with a phone screen followed by a one hour technical interview via Skype and finally an on-site interview. The on-site interview contained some panel-style technical interviews as well as one-on-one interviews that focused on behavioral questions.

Research Engineer Interview

Interview

1phone call 2 technology presentation 3 hr 4 release offer

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2014.

Interview

1. Received a call from the manager of the lab, had a 30 - 45 discussion about my research.
    2. Was called on site
    3. 1 hr presentation on my research
    4. 5 individual interview sessions with different members of the lab. Discussion in these sessions were limited to my research and presentation.

Interview Questions

• How would you apply your research to a GE project/scenario?   1 Answer

Research Engineer Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in April 2010.

Interview

Just questions about my past work experience and what I did during my PhD. There were no difficult questions. The interview was with 2 people who seemed ill prepared and had not interviewed many people before. Their Indian accents did not make it easy to understand them. They promised to follow up, but never did. I expected better from an admired company like GE.

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Mumbai (India)

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Mumbai (India)) in December 2011.

Interview

technical interview was detail, elaborate and very much diversified though questions were related to my deeds and projects. screwed in the personal interview part.

Interview Questions

• the craziest thing that you have done in your life....???   Answer Question

Research Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2013.

Interview

Several rounds of interviews. Basically consisted of applying online. Then there was a telephonic round of interview, followed by onsite presentation and interview. This was followed by the offer of employment.