GE Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Senior Software Engineer Interview Questions

3.2

14 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in December 2015.

Interview

Applied online and 6 weeks later received email from recruiter to setup a phone screen.
After speaking with recruiter for 30 minutes, a second phone screen was setup for technical.
Passed technical and was invited to their San Ramon campus for afternoon interviews with 8.
Arrived on time to their office and greeted by recruiter who was polite throughout day.

After that things went downhill:
1) Wasted 30 minutes trying to find an interview room. We found a narrow passageway
what could have been a janitorial storage room.
2) The dry erase markers were near empty and the white board was filthy from past interviews.
3) The workers walking past looked stressed out.
4) Spoke with only 1 Caucasian engineer, everyone else was foreign born and likely H1B visas.
5) Managers and Directors were all rude and condescending. What did I do wrong?
6) Their tech guy started asking me questions on a project I did only once.
7) Their tech guy never asked me about my 10 years of platform experience.
8) Insinuated I did not know how to code and I had to correct employee in my defense.

Overall, a big waste of a great Sunny day better spent interviewing a common sense employer.
What amazes me is I know more about GE business than interviewers who only know how to talk.

Interview Questions

• How did you pull data out from REST?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

Extremely slow recruitment process. 4 weeks after applying online recruiter contacted and asked about techical skills. Another 3 week wait for 45 minute phone screen. No response after that. Very difficult - all technical questions. Questions about c++ which didnt make sense in a .net interview. The interviewer seemed to read from their long list..very little time to think.

Interview Questions

• All sorts of techical questions - C#.net, data structures, sql/normalization, SOAP..etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Oklahoma City, OK

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Oklahoma City, OK) in June 2015.

Interview

Team fit was the most important aspect and the technical questions were more about process than architecture or standards. OOP wasn't discussed. Most of the topics were based on tools used.

Interview Questions

• Do you have experience with Java?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in September 2014.

Interview

Recruiter contacted fast after submitted resume online. After phone interview, on-site was scheduled quickly. 5 persons each with 45 minutes interviewed. Most of interviewers just focused on the language details. One architecture asked overall system architecture of components. Not exactly sure what he wanted to hear. And last interviewer just directly brought a laptop and had me coding 4 programs in 45 minutes and they should be runnable and had unit testing cases....

Interview Questions

• Java languages details such executor.. But engineer can't clearly state the questions...   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in October 2013.

Interview

Nothing technical. I got an impression that the management that interviewed me knew themselves what they needed. Just asked several questions about my previous experiences and asked questions that had shown their lack of technical expertise and amateurish approach.

Anonymous Employee in San Ramon, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (San Ramon, CA) in May 2012.

Interview

They requested that each candidate complete a Java test with several questions that were to be coded and executed eclipse. We were then given 45 minutes to complete the test questions.

Anonymous Employee in Hamptons at Boca Raton, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Hamptons at Boca Raton, FL) in February 2008.

Interview

Process took 2 weeks. Interviewed with immediate manager and 3 co-workers. Was given Java test.

Interview Questions

• Nothing tough or tricky, all questions were straight forward.   Answer Question

Negotiation

I asked for and got additional vacation days.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in July 2016.

Interview

Interview process was awesome. Very friendly, responded well. Went very well smoothly. Pleasant experience. I will recommend anyone to go there. There were four rounds. They organized very well. They give presentation about the company before you take interview which would help in managerial round.

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in March 2016.

Interview

Interview process is very time consuming and end result you will never come to know.I had gone through two rounds of technical interview at GE Transport ,Whitefield office. It took almost more than 5 hours just to complete these two rounds.After that HR asked me to wait for managerial round as manager is very much busy today.After waited for another 2 hours ,one person came and told me that today manager is not available ,so, you please leave today and will update you later and by that time it was almost 5:30 pm.
    After few days,When I called up HR to get update.She said,we are still taking interview and we will update you after one week.
    Trust me,I have answered almost all the answers but it seems they are not willing to take any candidate .Don't go and waste your time better go for any other company's interview.

Interview Questions

• Core Java Conceptual questions.Not just theoretical questions.You may asked to write few collection questions.
      Then,they will test you Hibernate and Spring concept and will ask you to write few codes and configuration for the same.   1 Answer

Senior Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bengaluru (India)

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Bengaluru (India)) in January 2016.

Interview

it is good experience, the quesitons are more of fundamentals. interviewer came with set of predefined questions on paper. so i was really not in a mood that to give best of my knowledge. because i do not like such interviews.