GE Sourcing Specialist Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 23, 2017

3.1

7 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

It was a live video camera interview, and the software was easy to operate. Was allow to test out the software before the actual interview. The interviews were setup back to back. There were two one to one interviews in a row.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GE

Anonymous Employee in Budapest, MO

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Budapest, MO) in June 2015.

Interview

Outsourcing company managed the hiring process. There were 2 rounds.

First the headhunters contacted me via phone conversation, it took approximately 15-30 minutes. Then I went in for an hour interview.

Second round I had to go to GE Power headquarter where the factory can be found also and I met my future manager. We had a detailed and professional very well built up conversation, about an one hour.

After this interview I got my phone call in the next couple of days. they informed my I have been hired for the job.

Interview Questions

• What is the most unique skill in my set, and how would I describe it.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Wilmington, NC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Wilmington, NC) in May 2015.

Interview

The interview went very well. i met with two sourcing managers and was supposed to meet with an HR rep as well. The HR representative was unavailable and never followed up with any kind of follow up or opportunity to meet.

Interview Questions

• In your current position have you had to negotiate pricing with vendors and meet strict timelines?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Houston, TX) in May 2012.

Interview

Lengthy. Challenging. Insulting at times. Felt like everything I said was double questioned. Not sure why, but the hiring manager was very specific in what she wanted in a candidate. More concerned with hiring someone who fot the team versus individual capabilities.

Interview Questions

• Describe strategic sourcing when most of your commodities are single source?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cincinnati, OH

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cincinnati, OH) in August 2011.

Interview

Every interview is different. Mine consisted of a phone interview of 1/2 hour, a peer interview that was about 1 hour and the later a 1/2 hour team interview and 1:1 interview with supervisor. Not sure of response yet.

Interview Questions

• How would you respond if your boss needed a part and none was available....   1 Answer

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Applied through GE website, received inquiry phone call two weeks later, and then received an invitation to interview a week after the phone call. The interview was conducted over a three hour period with three separate interviews, it was a very positive experience overall.

Interview Questions

• The first interview contained a lot of questions focused on how I handle bad situations, irritating co-workers, and personal failures. It is challenging to provide a positive answer when the questions give you ample opportunity to focus on negative things. The second interview focused on personal achievements, successes, and positive situations. It is easier to provide answers that end better in this setting. The last interview was with a representative from HR and covered a broad array of topics. Overall, one of the more challenging interviews I have been through, but well worth the time.   Answer Question

Negotiation

The offer seemed fair and competitive, so there was no negotiation necessary on my part.

Sourcing Specialist Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE in August 2008.

Interview

introduce your self and several behavior question
    - why GE? Why you? Why sourcing
    -how to manage suppliers if in tough negotiation situation
    - what is your biggest achievement