GE Interview Questions in Stamford, CT | Glassdoor

3.1

12 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

ECLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT).

Interview

Length interview process; multiple phone interviews and various in person interviews. Interview process is positive, though. GE is good about sharing information about the company, its culture and its objectives. The interview process is about getting to know you, and about you getting to know GE. They pursue a cultural fit between both parties.

Interview Questions

• All the standard questions, about yourself, your strengths and about overcoming the biggest hurdle - as well as 'why GE', and 'Tell us about GE.' Depending on the role, you may get some ad hoc hypothetical case study-like questions. However, no tests were given.   Answer Question

Negotiation

It was done by phone. You are assessed to enter the company within a certain band, which indicates the upper side of your starting income. Within that band you have some negotiation leverage over income, and at times, over moving costs reimbursements

Controller Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in May 2016.

Interview

Started with a formal phone interview with questions primarily based on my background and work experience. They asked questions directly related to the role to test knowledge and my capabilities. In person interviews were very informal and met with a management member who described the role in detail and asked questions that pertained the the role. A employee who was working directly with the intern then interviewed and asked detailed questions on how I could benefit the company and what skill set I brought.

Interview Questions

• How did the classes and major you are studying help make you better fit for this role?   Answer Question

Operations Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in June 2015.

Interview

I was selected to have a phone interview as a first step in employment for a position for Operations Analyst at a well known international company. The phone interview lasted for approximately 20 minutes and was pretty in depth.

Interview Questions

• They asked the usual questions such as "where do you see yourself in 5 years?"   Answer Question

FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in February 2014.

Interview

The process was fairly painless. In my estimation GE is most interested in finding people they believe to be a cultural fit and don't concern themselves with technical ability.

IT Manager Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in November 2012.

Interview

1) Recruiter phone screen. 2) Recruiter in-person. 3) Hiring manager at recruiter's location. 4) Hiring manager, HR and to-be peers at company HQ. This was a very unusual situation as E-Bands are normally promoted from within.

Interview Questions

• Open ended questions (describe a time, how would you approach a problem, tell me about a challenge you faced and how you overcame it, etc.)   1 Answer

IT Leader Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in July 2012.

Interview

Behavioral interview -- situation questions asking about experiences to ascertain your interpersonal, problem solving and overall managerial skills. Be prepared to come up with examples that present you in a positive light. Read the job specification closely and come up with stories or examples that match each of the requirements. If you are technical, review your resume and refresh your technical knowledge too.

Interview Questions

• tell me about a time when things did not go well in your project   1 Answer

FMP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in May 2012.

Interview

Two phone interviews led to a final round fly-out to GE Corportate Headquaters. Went out to dinner the night before with current FMP's and then had 4 1 on 1 interviews the next day. Quick and painless interviews asking your standard questions...Nothing technical

GE FMP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in April 2012.

Interview

For internship, submit application and resume online. Phone call interview and discussion. Questions are behavioral. After ten week internship, two thirty minute interviews on site with program managers and HR. In addition, pitch work to executive finance staff. Find out a month later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had to act like a leader.   Answer Question

EFS Associate Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Stamford, CT

Application

The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in November 2011.

Interview

On-campus job posting, initial screening with recruiter, second phone interview with two VP's, on-site round robin interview with 5 VP's.

FMP Analyst Interview

Anonymous Employee in Stamford, CT

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Stamford, CT) in October 2011.

Interview

There's an on campus interview where you basically were asked behavioral questions. The program is considered prestigious and lots of corporate leaders come from it. The interview process is actually very interesting. Other recruiters I've talked to tried to make it a conversation but this recruiter actually asked a question and kept typing in things. She said later she would attach it to my profile online and be reviewed by other managers. They do try to get back to you asap and not hold you up too long.
    The behavioral questions sometimes try to reach some hard topics to see if you can think on your feet such as ethics and values. But it gets easier towards the end with they why questions and backgroup chitchat later.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when someone asked you to be dishonest or unethical.   1 Answer
    • Describe a passionate dream you pursued and obstacles that you have to overcome to reach it. If you didn't reach it why and what would you do later.   1 Answer

Negotiation

The starting time and sign up bonus. I would say be honest if you have other offers but since they are such a big company, it wouldn't do much.