GE Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Jul 16, 2017

2.9

Sourcing Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview

The interview process was very short only took about 30 minutes. Not a lot of feedback was just question after question. Needed to have an elevator speech prepared. Heard back about decision within two months.

Support Engineer Interview

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview

I interviewed with 6 people. Two of those people were from the HR department and asked very generic questions. The other 4 asked job specific questions that weren't hard to answer.

Intern Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Pittsburgh, PA) in February 2017.

Interview

Good interview. The questions were not difficult. There were two people there, one from HR and one from engineering, although most of the questions were behavioral and talking about experiences with projects and groupwork.

Interview Questions

• What is one project that you've done that you are proud of?   Answer Question

Financial Analyst Interview

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview

multiple interviews to include human resources, the hiring manager, one or two co-workers of the hiring manager and maybe another employee or the manager of the hiring manager. interview process usually takes 2-3 days.

Interview Questions

• typical questions having to do with your background, challenges you've faced and overcome (including examples), strengths, weaknesses, etc.   Answer Question

Executive Sales Leadership Role Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 weeks. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

EXTREMELY PROFESSIONAL! I was RA'ed by my previous employer, and over the last few months, I have interviewed many times with a lot of big name firms, and their processes were just unbelievably bad. By stark contrast, GE was a complete 180 degree change from what I had experienced elsewhere. People were very professional, courteous, and did what they said they were going to do when they committed it. From the initial discussion with the recruiter, to the hiring manager, to all the other business leaders that I met with. Even the division head who just wanted to introduce himself over coffee (not an interview per se') which ended up turning into a great discussion and lasted over 90 minutes the Friday morning before Christmas. In total, I believe I met or spoke with 7 or 8 folks overall. When I was presented with another (competitive) offer, these folks came together and did what was needed for me to turn down the other position, as they really wanted me to join their team. So, over the holidays, these folks spent their personal time to connect with me and send over a personal note summarizing the role, benefits, and essentially committing to hire me for the role right after the new year. Because of how well they treated me, I went ahead and turned the other role down. As they had predicted, the offer came though late Tuesday afternoon the 3rd of January. Could not be more pleased. In a distinct contrast to my former employer, they are investing now for future growth, whereas my prior firm was cutting costs, doing massive lay-off's, and generally trying to save their way to greatness - which simply does not work long-term. Both firms are well over 100 years old each, but GE is just way more effective in managing their business with a long-term perspective. If there is one thing I can do, it is to say thank you to all the professionals at GET that I spoke to during the process... Thank you for your kindness, courtesy & general professionalism. It truly sets GET apart from all the others out there.

Interview Questions

• This is a generally paraphrased question that most of the folks I had interviewed with asked in one form or fashion: "Tell us about your background/career, and how would you leverage your skills/knowledge/background/etc., to generate more Digital/software/consulting/application development business with this customer."   1 Answer

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Seattle, WA) in November 2016.

Interview

Applied online (during a conference) and got an interview for that same afternoon. Small chat and easy behavioral questions. Got a second interview for the next day, much harder and very technical questions.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when you succeed. What would you have done different   Answer Question
    • What is the difference between diesel and gasoline engines   Answer Question
    • Tell me 6 parts of an engine and how they work   Answer Question

Intern - Hourly Interview

Anonymous Employee in Evanston, IL

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Evanston, IL) in November 2016.

Interview

The Interview process was not super extensive. They were just trying to get a feel of why I wanted to work for them and what previous experience I had with the company.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to work in a team setting.   Answer Question

Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Blacksburg, VA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Blacksburg, VA) in October 2016.

Interview

Met with a recruiter at a university career fair. Received a call a few hours later asking if I wanted to do an On-Campus Interview. Interview lasted about thirty minutes with a current engineer working for GE transportation. Questions asked were generic and they expected answers in S.T.A.R. format.

Interview Questions

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview

Applied online and received a call after 2 weeks. Had initial phone screening and then the interview. I think interview questions vary from person to person based on their resume. Expect questions about your past experience and a couple of behavioral ones based on the position you are applying for.

Interview Questions

• I was given a scenario and asked how I would deal with the situation. (Try to analyze your day to day activities from job description)   1 Answer
    • Tools, softwares that you can work with   Answer Question

Senior Data Scientist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Chicago, IL) in August 2016.

Interview

Interview with HR over the phone

In-Person (same day interviews)
    Interview with HR in person
    Coding Challenge in person
    Interview 1 with data scientist
    Interview 2 with data scientist (over the phone as he was remote)
    Interview with VP, video conference
    Interview with second HR guy
    Interview with analytics PM

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    1) Call with HR representative - More of a "feeler" interivewer where you learn more about the company and also you talk about your work experience as it relates to the role.

2) Go in person for an all day interview where you:

a) Meet with the HR representative

b) Interview with a data scientist where you code in R using R Studio. This is very simple, you analyze some data and you make a binary prediction. You can do some EDA and try to get some results in 40 minutes (build a logistic regression model). I was only able to get the EDA done given the time I had

c) Interview with two other data scientist (individually), one hour each. Here you'll talk about yoru work experience related to model building and answer any stats questions thrown your way... from simople stuff like "What is a p-value?" to something like "What is the difference between PCA and Factor Analysis? Explain how the random forest algorithm for classification works, etc."

d) Interview with the VP, one hour. Talk about your past experience and the VP will tell you more about the business. I was also asked, "What is the difference between ML and classical methods?"

e) I had an interview with a different HR representative - over the phone as the HR rep works remotely. This was a one hour meeting. More about me and why applied for the job. This interview is more about culture fit

f) Final interview with the analytics PM. The PM pretty much spoke about recently completed projects and those in the pipeline

Conclusion:
    It was determined that the position was no longer needed, thus it was canceled.