GE Transportation Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GE Transportation Interview Questions

Updated Sep 6, 2018

2.8

Plan Management Interview

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 6+ months. I interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview

My hiring experience was excellent. I enjoyed talking with the supervisor. He walked me through the hiring process. He told me my job description. He introduced me to the employees.

Associate Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fairfield, CT

Application

I applied in-person. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Fairfield, CT) in January 2014.

Interview

I never interviewed it was an internal transfer hence I will be unable to add details here. Internal referrals are the best way to get an interview at GE. I never interviewed it was an internal transfer hence I will be unable to add details here. Internal referrals are the best way to get an interview at GE

Lead Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Fort Worth, TX) in February 2018.

Interview

Phone interview. 3 or more on call. Set of specifics on background . Then on specifics of what is needed. If they where to ask your prior manager about your weak points what would they say ? General questions you may have.

Interview Questions

• Specifics on things you may or may not know.   1 Answer

Lead Technologist Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Erie, PA) in May 2011.

Interview

Process was very organized, Hiring manager was very courteous and took time to explain the pros (lot of them) and cons (very few) of working at GE

Interview Questions

• Name and describe a situation when you used your team skills to come up with a solution for a difficult problem.   Answer Question

Compensation offer.

Software Engineer Interview

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GE Transportation in January 2010.

Interview

They made it look much better than what it really was. They have one nice building that they interview in but the rest of the plant looks like a dump. They exaggerate and mislead people about how good the job really is. The whole experience seemed to be pretty phony.

Interview Questions

• Pretty standard. They seem to have a script they follow.   Answer Question

Negotiation

Take it or leave it.

Software Engineer Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Erie, PA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interviewed lasted 4 hours. I talked to 4 different interviewers for an hour each. I talked to the head of the Edison program (a mechanical engineer), a systems engineer, the lead software engineer, and one of the project managers.

The each interviews were pretty easy and they mostly told me information that I should know about the company and program I was joining (Edison program). I spent most of the time asking questions and trying to get better information about the company out of them. I was asked about some pretty simple technical questions that were based off of my resume.

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Employee in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Erie, PA) in August 2012.

Interview

4 interviews, 1 hour each. Strictly behavioral. Usually follows a summer internship or a coop. GE's leadership program pipeline is their bread and butter. They like to get you fresh out of college and train you the way they like people to think/act.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation that made you uncomfortable?   Answer Question

OMLP Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Erie, PA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Erie, PA) in July 2016.

Interview

2 Day interview. First day consisted of typical STAR questions and some more technical questions about manufacturing/lean, second day was a case study. In both cases, there were at least 3 interviewers with the sessions lasting 1-1.5 hours.

Interview Questions

• Talk about a time that you failed? What is lean? What is 6 sigma? Why are you a good candidate for OMLP?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GE Transportation (Houston, TX) in October 2015.

Interview

Very structured; there is a sheet of questions that the interviewer adheres to. As you answer, the interviewer will be making notes on the sheet, so don't be self-conscious about it. Keep your answers concise and brief because you will be prompted to move on to the next question. All behavioral questions regarding what would you do if you were in a certain situation.

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation in which you had to work with a very difficult person.  How did you handle it?   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took a week. I interviewed at GE Transportation.

Interview

The interviewer had a list of questions for me. All the questions are very behavioral based. The interviewer was very nice. No technical questions at all and the interview lasted about 45 minutes