GE Interview Questions in United Kingdom | Glassdoor

GE Interview Questions in United Kingdom

Updated Apr 21, 2017

Sourcing and Suppy Chain Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Cardiff, Wales (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GE (Cardiff, Wales (UK)).

Interview

Online video interview (After loggin into the website the recorded videos with questions were played . Each was followed by 30 second break for thoughts and then the recording started - 3 minutes per question)

Interview Questions

• Give an example of a time when you changed processes at work and what was the effect of it   Answer Question

Application

The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Tricky to connect to conference call but fine after. Friendly interviewer who explained in detail about the sale of GE Water and how this might effect the role and business. Mainly interested in past experiences and flexibility to travel/train overseas.

Interview Questions

• Have you any examples of when a customer was unhappy with a product. How did you resolve this?   Answer Question

Digitization Program Manager Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rugby, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Rugby, England (UK)) in April 2017.

Interview

The first interview is with an HR administrative usually subcontracted, then the second interview will be with the hiring manager. It would be normally two rounds but can also be a third one. The interviews I have participated are relaxed and people only want to be sure that you would be capable to do the job. It is important to be prepared with examples of past achievement to justify the experience needed to the job. The first interview is normally over the phone, and the second interview is normally face to face or video conference in a GE site.

Interview Questions

• All questions were about describing past experience to back up the skills to do the job -as described in the job description   1 Answer

Legal Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Submitted online application through the dedicated careers website. The following week received an email inviting to complete online tests (behavioural). The tests were not complex, focused on the company's work culture. Although all the tests were completed on time, I received an email saying that the position has already been filled.

Interview Questions

• The process of testing included watching video scenarios of real-life imitating situations. The candidate is then asked to pick the best option on how to proceed. Sometimes it may be more tricky as there is no opportunity to provide an explanation for your prioritisation to defend the choice, or to ask questions to clarify the point that the scenario is trying to test. However, most questions are common sense.   Answer Question

Human Resources Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

The first interview after submitting the application was a video interview consisting of 5-6 standard competency questions. There was also a question on what aspires your career.
    The final stage was a face-to-face interview at the location you have chosen.

Interview Questions

• Think of a time when you were dealing with several tasks at the same time. How did you go set out priorities?   Answer Question

Finance Interview

Anonymous Employee in Amersham, England (UK)

Application

I applied through a staffing agency. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GE (Amersham, England (UK)).

Interview

Chaotic, though this is partly related to the way the agency handled the process. Since becoming an employee I have had to carry out interviews myself, there is no set interview format and the questions depend on the interviewer. Fit is hugely important so I tend to ask questions that would give me a glimpse of their personality and only one technical question.

Interview Questions

• What the reason why you would like to work for GE   1 Answer

Negotiation

GE does not offer the most competitive salaries but this is partly compensated by the benefits package and flexibility. Salary increases have been capped in the past few years so they are far from substantial even if you are a top performer

Engineering Interview

Interview

Online cv and cover letter. 3 questions about motivation. Online psychometric test. Online character assessment. Recorded video interview. Last stage fave to face interview.

Very friendly interview and the atmosphere was

Global Commodity Leader Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GE.

Interview

Phone interview with HR and then hiring manager. They told me I would receive feedback in a week and I never received feedback at all. Extremely poor process and I ended up receiving an automatic rejection email.

Software Engineering Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Canterbury, England (UK)

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GE (Canterbury, England (UK)) in January 2017.

Interview

After they reviewed my CV, I was asked to do an SHL test, which I passed. The next stage was a video interview which I failed. The video interview had 1 practice video question and several other video/text based questions. I had 30 seconds to prepare and 3 mins to answer.

Interview Questions

• 1) What have you learnt about GE?
      2) Describe a time when you put in a challenging position, what did you do to overcome this? What was the outcome.
      Answer Question

Finance Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GE in December 2016.

Interview

Had to do online tests, got invited for a video interview then face to face interview. Took about a month for the whole process to be complete. Interviewers were so lovely, made it feel like a nice chat. Started the interview by saying "talk me through your CV."