GEICO Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Actuarial Assistant

Create your profile to get personalized information

GEICO Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.1

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Long Is City, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Long Is City, NY) in March 2012.

Interview

I thought I did pretty well on the assessment test. However, I was not offered an in person interview.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear actuary this profession?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in June 2011.

Interview

I applied online through the company's website. I was contacted by HR and scheduled for a phone interview. After the HR phone interview, I was contacted by an actuary who wanted to continue the interview process and schedule another phone interview. I was also given two hours to complete an Excel skills test after the interview. Twelve days late I was notified that I was not chosen for the position.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

First I applied online. I literally heard back from them the next day; they emailed me back with an Actuarial questionnaire. This was an untimed word document just asking so basic questions about myself. Shortly after that, they emailed me asking me to take a 2 hour timed analytic test. This consisted of an excel and a word document where I had to answer some questions and explain my reasoning. I didn't think it was incredible difficult and I thought I had done well enough, however about 2 weeks after I submitted that, they emailed saying that they were no longer moving forward with my application. Never even got to an interview :( However, I overall felt like this was a positive experience because they kept me informed and moving at a quick pace.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in becoming an actuary? Why do you want to work at GEICO? Talk about an analytic project you had to work on.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty involved:
    1. They have you complete an info sheet about you and why you want the job
    2. 2 hr Excel test - kind of difficult, it is good to have knowledge of some P&C concepts going into it
    3. Phone screen - mostly behavioral questions trying to gauge how interested you are in the job
    4. On site - met with 4 ppl and then had lunch with 2 others, questions are mostly basic interview questions, but you also go over the Excel test and they ask you more questions about that, so it is good to review it before your interview

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Phone Screening with HR, then you have to fill out questionnaire and send transcripts. Next you will have to take an analytical exam on Excel.

Anonymous Employee in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

apply online -> complete questionnaire sent by HR -> analytical test (excel exam + basic knowledge of P&C actuary) -> interview by actuary (resume)-> on site interview (resume+ GEICO's thing + review of your analytical test)

Interview Questions

• no unexpected question. Suggestion: prepare question about Geico's market share, history, state and all content in your resume.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC).

Interview

The interview process was long (about four months). This was my process: online application, additional details via email, phone interview, online test, interview at HQ. At HQ, you have a day of interviews (about five) where you learn about the departments and go over the online test. The response after the final interview took about a week.

Interview Questions

• Have you taken the Myers-Briggs Type Indicator assessment? If so, what was the result?   Answer Question

The compensation was significantly below other offers, and the office made me feel like I was in a never-ending replay of Office Space. DC is fantastic, but I couldn't make a career decision based on my distance from the Smithsonian.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2014.

Interview

I had a phone interview after taking a computer test. The test is fairly easy with most of the questions about insurance loss and premiums. The phone interview is most based on my resume but also a couple of behavior question.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD).

Interview

Met with GEICO's National College Recruiter at University Career fair. Only days after sending in my resume, a questionairre was sent to fill out. Once that was sent in, a first phone interview was held during which the interviewer basically asked the questionairre questions all over again. After the interview, I was given an analytical test to complete in two hours. Some of the questions were not easy. Basic knowledge of loss ratios and basic excel formulas are quite important to pass this test.

Interview Questions

• The analytical test is no less than a two hour exam. Make sure you are prepared, awake, and equipped.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2013.

Interview

applied directly through their website. In their first email they asked for transcript, resume and cover letter with some other basic questions like SAT score and what other jobs I have applied to.

Then a week later I was invited for a phone interview. The interviewer told me that there will be another phone interview from actuarial department and then an onsite interview.

But I was never contacted back.