GEICO Actuarial Assistant Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jun 20, 2017

3.1

21 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Columbia, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Columbia, MD) in May 2017.

Interview

Questionnaire, excel test, phone interview. Questionnaire asked basic questions, excel test was a two hour test about basic excel skills. Phone interview had behavioral questions. The interviewer replied within a week for each part.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in December 2016.

Interview

The process was pretty involved:
    1. They have you complete an info sheet about you and why you want the job
    2. 2 hr Excel test - kind of difficult, it is good to have knowledge of some P&C concepts going into it
    3. Phone screen - mostly behavioral questions trying to gauge how interested you are in the job
    4. On site - met with 4 ppl and then had lunch with 2 others, questions are mostly basic interview questions, but you also go over the Excel test and they ask you more questions about that, so it is good to review it before your interview

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

First I applied online. I literally heard back from them the next day; they emailed me back with an Actuarial questionnaire. This was an untimed word document just asking so basic questions about myself. Shortly after that, they emailed me asking me to take a 2 hour timed analytic test. This consisted of an excel and a word document where I had to answer some questions and explain my reasoning. I didn't think it was incredible difficult and I thought I had done well enough, however about 2 weeks after I submitted that, they emailed saying that they were no longer moving forward with my application. Never even got to an interview :( However, I overall felt like this was a positive experience because they kept me informed and moving at a quick pace.

Interview Questions

• How did you become interested in becoming an actuary? Why do you want to work at GEICO? Talk about an analytic project you had to work on.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

1. Submitted online application through website
    2. Contacted by HR and filled out a questionnaire
    3. Did a short analytical test in Excel with basic finance, insurance, business questions (about a 2 hour time limit from when you are emailed the file). There's nothing with complicated math but some insurance terminology can be foreign without experience.
    3. Phone interview (~20 minutes). Standard, straightforward interview questions to gauge how interested you are in the company and how serious about being an actuary you are.
    4. In-person interview (full day with about 4 different interviews covering different topics)

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in ten years?
      Why do you want this position?   1 Answer

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online. About two weeks later got a word document survey with questions to answer. I had to send back this survey with my résumé, cover letter, and transcripts. Four days later I received an email saying I wasn't selected. I'm assuming my GPA (3.0) was too low to move on to an actual interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in April 2015.

Interview

1) I was approached on Linkedin
    2) I had to fill out a basic questionnaire, with my personal information, background and plans for future studying and exams.
    3) The 1st "interview" a few weeks later was an excel actuarial test, that had to be completed within 2 hours. Know how to use basic excel functions.
    4) The 2nd interview step was a phone interview. This happened aboput a month after, as I was being interviewed during finals week and they let me postpone it a little. It could have happened 2 weeks after the application. This interview was about 30-40 and asks you questions about why you would want to go to Geico, and tests your knowledge of the Property and Casualty industry and your future plans. Prepare some situational answers for these questions.
    5) The 3rd interview would be an on site interview. I did not reach this stage, so I can not comment more about it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chevy Chase, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Chevy Chase, MD) in January 2015.

Interview

Got an email asked me if I would like to move further for an interview. submitted all the required materials and the question sheet, never got an response back for further information not even a phone interview!

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 3+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2014.

Interview

Got recruited by an college campus recruiter, met him at a job fair and information session. I got a reply to fill our a questionnaire and submit resume. Then took the excel test which was not too bad. Make sure you have good excel skills or at least try to review some basic stuff like formulas. Then I did not get to go any further in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Basic questions regarding Property & Casualty and problem solving questions for excel test.   Answer Question

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2014.

Interview

The aptitude test is hard for somebody who doesn't have any experience in the industry. It is not really an excel skill test, rather problems that are written on the excel spreadsheet. There are also questions with free response.

Actuarial Assistant Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Phone Screening with HR, then you have to fill out questionnaire and send transcripts. Next you will have to take an analytical exam on Excel.