GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Feb 7, 2017

3.8

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Online video interview, phone interview, in-person interview. The in-person interview is a role play where I was placed into a rundown office and asked to play the role as an adjuster. I thought this was tough because there was a lot of information and I had no previous experience as an adjuster.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

4 hour process that included computer work, written questionnaire and an intense 45 min role playing finale to see how you work under pressure. It was the longest in person interview process I've ever been part of. The background check and drug testing were very extensive. It took almost 60 days from when I first applied to my first day on the job.

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (New Brunswick, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, In person interview, Roleplay, second in person interview. Passed it all, received job offer only for it to be taken away the very next day because I had a few seatbelt tickets in the last 3 years. Draconian pre employment screening.

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

After filling out an online application and taking a half an hour online assessment, I had two phone interviews, one in-person interview and a role playing assessment which was pretty intense yet very eye-opening. Everyone I dealt with throughout this process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a damage adjuster does?   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2016.

Interview

I have read others accounts of their interview process. Some have been good reviews, others have been bad reviews. I find it cowardly that this company does not send out an email telling you that you are not under consideration. The company will send you plenty of emails after you apply reminding you to fill out their online questionnaires and that you need to set up a phone interview. You have to go back to their web site to find out if you make it to the next cut though. Do you want to go to 12 weeks of training in Virginia and Texas if you get hired. Think about it now because it is a big part of their first interview. Don't hesitate on you answer. I have been thinking of changing insurance companies for my 2 vehicles, rental insurance and cargo trailer. Not going to go with GEICO though. Thanks GEICO. I think I'll just stay with State Farm for now.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to attend 12 weeks of training away from your home and family in Virginia and Texas?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

If your resume is accepted, you will be asked to complete a few online assessments. One deals with reading comprehension and the other with spatial awareness. Both give you a very short amount of time to complete, so you'll have to move quickly from the start. If you pass them both, you'll have a couple phone interviews and finally, if you pass all those steps, you'll be invited to the role play interview portion. This is the last step, and is also very difficult if you've not done it before. They don't give you much instruction or time to prepare. I don't think it's unfair or anything, but there is definitely a huge advantage to having tried it at least once before.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete several tasks and did not have enough time to complete them all.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Tough. Tough. Tough. It is really a stress interview. They want to see you resolve customer concerns while staying true to company's core values. The interview is much like the job. I had 3 phone interviews and one in person interview. The first interview is an overview of the job and asks if you are still interested. The 2nd is the HR rep trying to decide if you are well suited for the job. 3rd was in person stress test interview. 4th was phone interview with area president who grills more to see if you are ready for a job like this.

Interview Questions

• A customer is angry about a descion made by Geico that turned out later to be a mistake. The customer would like to be compensated in a way that you cannot. How do you handle the situation with the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

At first you go through online tests. Then you go on to phone interview where they lay out the description of the job and talk about salary expectations up front. Basic interview. Then you pretty much go on to the in-person interview. In the in-person interview I had someone reading basic star questions off of a labtop and typing your answers back in them. It wasn't professional as far as interviews go. Then, if you are selected to continue, you do the role-play interview and if you pass that you do the final interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone call, they asked a lot about what I knew about the job and if I would be okay with certain aspects of it. At the end of the interview they said I did great and they would talk to their supervisor and get back to me in a week whichever way it went. They didn't.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Its a very long and intense process all i can say isbtake your time with everything its worth it in the end.

Step 1: phone interview just be you and answer their questions i think they move everyone on anyway.

Step 2: 2 part assessment the reading and comp was pretty easy but the blocks where kinda tricky just keep the time in mind.

Part 3: face 2 face interview do your research on the job dont walk in there thinking its just w.e this isnt easy a easy job so do your research deeply.

Part 4: role play this is the hardiest part this will show you if you want the job or not its veryyyyyy hard but just relax. I cant tell you whats on it but itll pick you off if your not serious about the job. My points stay in character relax and keep your cool.

Part 5: manger interview this point you prettt much got the job. Just be cool the guy i had was so forward he gave ne the good bad and the ugly. This isnt a easy job again n he made sure i knew it.