GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Create your profile to get personalized information

GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.7

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Tough. Tough. Tough. It is really a stress interview. They want to see you resolve customer concerns while staying true to company's core values. The interview is much like the job. I had 3 phone interviews and one in person interview. The first interview is an overview of the job and asks if you are still interested. The 2nd is the HR rep trying to decide if you are well suited for the job. 3rd was in person stress test interview. 4th was phone interview with area president who grills more to see if you are ready for a job like this.

Interview Questions

• A customer is angry about a descion made by Geico that turned out later to be a mistake. The customer would like to be compensated in a way that you cannot. How do you handle the situation with the customer?   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2016.

Interview

LONG! Three month process, hair drug screen they lost had to happen again, dealing with the background check company is not the easiest ever. they told me the day before the job was to start that i had been fully offered the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fremont, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

At first you go through online tests. Then you go on to phone interview where they lay out the description of the job and talk about salary expectations up front. Basic interview. Then you pretty much go on to the in-person interview. In the in-person interview I had someone reading basic star questions off of a labtop and typing your answers back in them. It wasn't professional as far as interviews go. Then, if you are selected to continue, you do the role-play interview and if you pass that you do the final interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2016.

Interview

Its a very long and intense process all i can say isbtake your time with everything its worth it in the end.

Step 1: phone interview just be you and answer their questions i think they move everyone on anyway.

Step 2: 2 part assessment the reading and comp was pretty easy but the blocks where kinda tricky just keep the time in mind.

Part 3: face 2 face interview do your research on the job dont walk in there thinking its just w.e this isnt easy a easy job so do your research deeply.

Part 4: role play this is the hardiest part this will show you if you want the job or not its veryyyyyy hard but just relax. I cant tell you whats on it but itll pick you off if your not serious about the job. My points stay in character relax and keep your cool.

Part 5: manger interview this point you prettt much got the job. Just be cool the guy i had was so forward he gave ne the good bad and the ugly. This isnt a easy job again n he made sure i knew it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Corpus Christi, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Corpus Christi, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone call, they asked a lot about what I knew about the job and if I would be okay with certain aspects of it. At the end of the interview they said I did great and they would talk to their supervisor and get back to me in a week whichever way it went. They didn't.

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in December 2015.

Interview

Where do I start?! This was the most absurd interview process I have ever been on in my entire work life. Started out with a test that you had to take on a computer, passed that. Then the phone interview and then an in person interview and then a role play. It was so drawn out I still can't believe their hiring practices. The interviews were pretty standard tell me about a time when...The role play they will try to fluster you just stay calm and you'll be fine. I turned the offer down because I didn't like how they were handling the whole background check. The background check is very lengthy and then right after it's done they expect you to hop on a plane and leave for training. Your offer isn't official until after the background check is done. I declined the offer, I thought it was ridiculous. All this for a job you might not even get if you don't do good on the training!! The HR people didn't do a very good job at keeping in contact either during the whole process. I am so happy I turned the offer down. At first it sounded like a great career move, then I came to my senses and declined! They have a pretty high turnover too, that's another red flag. Oh and they do hair drug testing too.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Albuquerque, NM

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Albuquerque, NM) in July 2014.

Interview

After being ushered by a frowning woman into a waiting area with a cardboard lizard, I wait. I was soon led into a stuffy, dusty, cluttered office with very old technology. No air-conditioning. The interviewer seemed both bored and in a hurry. He explained that it's just a list of standardized questions. He seemed to spend more time typing that I did talking. I was in no way made to feel welcome. Maybe this was on purpose and I failed some weird psychological mind test.

Interview Questions

• If you had an corporate email report due, an angry customer on the line, and a supervisor meeting to attend, which order do you do them in?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Pittsburgh, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Pittsburgh, PA) in November 2015.

Interview

Took 3 months. Passed each interview step with flying colors. 3 interviews in total. Phone, skills, face to face. Became perplexed as they dragged me along...I feel Geico has to meet certain population criteria for each interview. The kid that interviewed me barely had the skills required for a customer service phone rep position, but stated he was an auto damage adjuster. He literally never looked up from his computer screen as he asked questions and typed my answers. I was shocked. He stated at the BEGINNING of interview that role play would not be happenning. Ya, right. I have read those postings. In any event, I gave a good interview. Sad part was, the kid didn't listen nor care....My advice. Stay away from Geico- unless you know someone who can get you hired. Geico sucks. Hindsight. Super glad I didn't get that position!

Interview Questions

• Have you ever built something from scratch?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fremont, CA) in January 2013.

Interview

You start with 2 phone interviews after they have selected you they set you up to complete a 1:1 conversation with an supervisor and you answer about 50 questions. Once you have completed that you will listen to a tape and ask to role play (this takes about an hour and a half), if they believe you are fit then you will then meet with a manager who will offer you a position after speaking with you.

Interview Questions

• Why would you be a great candidate for this position?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Fremont, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fremont, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

Interview process is tough during the role play interview. I won't go into details because I signed a non-disclosure agreement. But if you can't handle difficult customers in a calm and level headed manner don't bother applying. I passed all interviews and went to San Diego for training. They mean it if you don't maintain a 90% average they will send you home and it IS TOUGH! I wasn't the only one to be fired for not having a high enough score. 89% doesn't pass!

Interview Questions

• Signed a non-disclosure agreement   1 Answer