GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 15, 2017

3.7

57 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Westbury, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

Took a Online test / Phone interview / face to face with a manager / then a role play interview. Not hard . They said I was hired - Gave my job a 3 week notice. I told them upfront i had 3 speeding tickets in the last 7 Years up front , they said no problem. 2 Weeks later they said they no longer will offer me the position due to tickets

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Online video interview, phone interview, in-person interview. The in-person interview is a role play where I was placed into a rundown office and asked to play the role as an adjuster. I thought this was tough because there was a lot of information and I had no previous experience as an adjuster.

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

4 hour process that included computer work, written questionnaire and an intense 45 min role playing finale to see how you work under pressure. It was the longest in person interview process I've ever been part of. The background check and drug testing were very extensive. It took almost 60 days from when I first applied to my first day on the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Los Angeles, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

Very long process. First you do the initial assessment than they send you an email about another assessment needed to move on which consists of reading and comprehension with scenarios questions. The second part is a simulation including boxes and numbers thing it was weird. Then you get a 20min phone interview which consists of a couple questions and mostly explaining the training process, dates, job description, job life, etc. if they like you you get invited to a face to face interview where they start to ask u real interview questions including some scenario questions. You pass that and you get invited to the most brutal and unreasonable role play interview. They throw you in a room to study material for 30min in that 30min you have to learn how to do a job, the paperwork, write out claims, talk to customers in the phone, deal with customers face to face, schedule visits to examine products and write claims it's REALLY Detailed and in depth. It's honesty pretty unfair everything was fine until the role play after the role play you won't even want the job anymore it's way too much for a trainee position.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever had to deal with a angry customer? If so how did you handle it and solve the situation?   Answer Question
    • Tell me about a time where you went above and beyond to help a customer   Answer Question
    • You have an appointment to get to in 15min. In that time you have to send an email to a customer, call another customer and leave a message about a claim and finish a document you were working on. It takes 12min to drive to you're next appointment. How do you manage your time?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to be a auto damage adjuster?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in New Brunswick, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (New Brunswick, NJ) in December 2016.

Interview

Phone interview, In person interview, Roleplay, second in person interview. Passed it all, received job offer only for it to be taken away the very next day because I had a few seatbelt tickets in the last 3 years. Draconian pre employment screening.

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

After filling out an online application and taking a half an hour online assessment, I had two phone interviews, one in-person interview and a role playing assessment which was pretty intense yet very eye-opening. Everyone I dealt with throughout this process was very pleasant.

Interview Questions

• What do you think a damage adjuster does?   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2016.

Interview

I have read others accounts of their interview process. Some have been good reviews, others have been bad reviews. I find it cowardly that this company does not send out an email telling you that you are not under consideration. The company will send you plenty of emails after you apply reminding you to fill out their online questionnaires and that you need to set up a phone interview. You have to go back to their web site to find out if you make it to the next cut though. Do you want to go to 12 weeks of training in Virginia and Texas if you get hired. Think about it now because it is a big part of their first interview. Don't hesitate on you answer. I have been thinking of changing insurance companies for my 2 vehicles, rental insurance and cargo trailer. Not going to go with GEICO though. Thanks GEICO. I think I'll just stay with State Farm for now.

Interview Questions

• Are you able to attend 12 weeks of training away from your home and family in Virginia and Texas?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Denver, CO) in October 2016.

Interview

If your resume is accepted, you will be asked to complete a few online assessments. One deals with reading comprehension and the other with spatial awareness. Both give you a very short amount of time to complete, so you'll have to move quickly from the start. If you pass them both, you'll have a couple phone interviews and finally, if you pass all those steps, you'll be invited to the role play interview portion. This is the last step, and is also very difficult if you've not done it before. They don't give you much instruction or time to prepare. I don't think it's unfair or anything, but there is definitely a huge advantage to having tried it at least once before.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to complete several tasks and did not have enough time to complete them all.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Tough. Tough. Tough. It is really a stress interview. They want to see you resolve customer concerns while staying true to company's core values. The interview is much like the job. I had 3 phone interviews and one in person interview. The first interview is an overview of the job and asks if you are still interested. The 2nd is the HR rep trying to decide if you are well suited for the job. 3rd was in person stress test interview. 4th was phone interview with area president who grills more to see if you are ready for a job like this.

Interview Questions

• A customer is angry about a descion made by Geico that turned out later to be a mistake. The customer would like to be compensated in a way that you cannot. How do you handle the situation with the customer?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I did an online application, then an online skills/IQ evaluation, then a short phone interview, then a long face-to-face interview and role-play.

The role-play is very difficult, and seems ridiculous at the time, but is actually exactly like the job. Chaos, frustrated people, and a million different things to do with too little time to do them.

Interview Questions

• How would you react to seeing your personal ratings/metrics in the middle of your team?   1 Answer