GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Updated May 6, 2021

To filter interviews, or .
Found 206 of over 3.0K interviews

Employee Referral2%
3.6
HardAverageEasy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY)

Interview

Took the online caliper personality assessment... then i was invited to take a reading and critical thinking assessment. This test was by far the dumbest and most antiquated experience I have ever been apart of. I know my worth and getting judged on how many blocks you think are touching each other is beyond me. I am astonished by how Geico thinks that is an efficient way to evaluate candidates. You would think you’re applying for a jib with NASA. Stay very far away.

Interview Questions
  • Reading assessment How many blocks on a 3D shape touch other blocks...........
    Answer Question

GEICO

Application

I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

long and drawn out for such a basic position. filled out online application, waited for phone interview, then went into meeting where we role played with silly scenarios. all designed to see if you would crack under pressure. then had another interview with site manager.

Interview Questions
Be the first to find this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Honolulu, HI

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Honolulu, HI) in Sep 2020

Interview

ROLE PLAY: They will give you 30 minutes to read 6 pages of papers which you can highlight, bold, underline, and write notes on. The important stuff is about submitting certain forms, expectations of the adjuster, how to answer phone calls, and confirming information when talking to customers. After reading, they will instruct you to open a folder with assignments, and they will give you a list of tasks that must be done. You have 5 minutes to review this information. Then I get a phone call (as noted on the task list) instructing me to do an estimate on a medical hand cart (all parts damaged must be REPLACED). They tell me to open Form A and use it as a reference Keep form A open and available because it will be used in all 3 estimates. SPECIFICS: During the phone call, you will write an estimate for the hand cart while talking to the “customer”. They will not help much, but on the same form with the picture of the damaged cart, there is a section to write out your estimate of the cart. Make sure to fill out the form correctly in the correct columns and rows. There is a list of parts and prices at the bottom and all parts are to be replaced with new. The cart also must be painted (read the form because my cart specified that it’s a medical hand cart, it needed a special primer). It had a damaged handle, a damaged shelf, a damaged end rain AND two wheels were missing. It needed the special primer and needed to be painted (paint is for the whole car, not each part). After putting each part on the estimate section, FIND THE DEDUCTIBLE on form A. Then add up the total and minus the deductible for the final price. Communicate this with the customer, and then you have a short time to write out the check on Form F (I didn’t do this, but this is why they give you extra time here) SAVE ALL THE DOCUMENTS OR IT WILL NOT BE GRADED. Then another phone call will ask you to negotiate with a shop owner on their estimate. Try to negotiate them down on everything as much as possible. Your estimate will be provided for you, so don’t worry about writing more estimates. Your job is to handle the situation as best as possible and get their estimate as close to yours as possible. They won’t want to budge, but if you’re persistent and professional, they will. I think my estimate was around $500 and theirs was around $900. I got them down on labor substantially and convinced their shop to use a used part as stated in my estimate. I think the final estimate came out to about $650. Again, when the call is done, fill out another check to the customer. The third call was for an estimate that a coworker did not finish and went on vacation. You are expected to handle a very difficult and rude customer who is comparing his estimate to yours. In my estimate the original estimate done by the coworker was in the range of $9000 and the customers estimate was in the range of $14000. The Current Value of the product was around $11000 and I could not get the Estimate under the Current Value. There was a part on my estimate that costed $2400 new (NP) and on his estimate, it costed $5400 new (NP). He claimed that the part was not sold from the manufacturer anymore and there was no way around this price. Since I could not do anything about this, I negotiated on other part price differences and on the labor. The final estimate was over $12000 because of the one part and exceeded the current value. I had told them that because it exceeded the current value, we could not pay to repair it, and we would pay them the current value, minus the deductible. In the final phone call, I explained to the boss that we could not repair the item because the repairs exceeded the current value. The management then turned on their cameras and asked how I thought I did. They were nice, and I said that the technical difficulties were the most difficult part of the experience. I said it was fun, and I thanked them for considering me. Some Final Tips • You may have up to 10 windows open during this process and you shouldn’t close them because they will be difficult to reopen and find. • Organization of your desktop is CRITICAL • Resize windows smaller to make them use a smaller portion of the screen and only show the important parts of the window. Also, overlap them in a manner that can be easily accessed when using many windows. • (optional) Use notepad to keep track of FINAL estimate Values, Customer name, and what it was for to reference when writing checks • Keep the calculator and Note pad accessible. • STAY PROFESSIONAL (“customers” [aka recruiters] will try to be demanding and rude during conversations) • DRESS PROFESSIONAL (Suit and Tie with a blazer) • Negotiate them down as much as possible while being friendly. “I just can’t justify that much labor” or “Why is my new part (NP) $1000 and yours is $1500”, “It should only cost X amount by the industry standard”, or “I understand, but I can’t meet you at that price”.

Interview Questions
  • How do you think you did in the role play?
8 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Burbank, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Burbank, CA) in Sep 2020

Interview

This was remote due to Covid. Huge waste of time. I applied for the Auto Damage Adjuster position. Did the initial online assessments over a few days. Online 'recorded' interview answering pre-taped questions a few days later. (They say 25-30 minutes, but plan an hour to an hour and a half.) Was invited to 'role-play' a few days later. The role is an adjuster with one hour left in the workday, and four tasks to complete before the end of the day that included actual adjustments and taking three live calls to either 'negotiate' settlements or explain payout amounts and why those amounts were paid, etc. They basically take you in off the street, set you at one of their desks, then say to you 'do my job, while I watch'. And at the same time, we're going to make it as difficult as possible Having been on the other side of the hiring process for years, I understand the need for 'stress tests'. This just amounted to some weird, sophomoric hazing. Especially for an 'entry level' position. Throw in the fact that I was having a couple of tech issues while screen-sharing (between my Mac and their PC) further solidified the fact that it's not the best representation of someone's actual skills. This says to me they either don't have a lot of experience hiring qualified people (which may in part explain the high turnover rate), or this is indicative of the culture at Geico. Having worked for stressful, but great companies in the past, this seems like a 'starter' company that my experience will no longer allow me to work at. Yes, I applied for the position, but didn't know these games would happen at a company like this.

2 people found this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

They call for an initial phone screen then invited me to one of their offices to do a mock interview. They gave me scenarios where I worked as an insurance person with multiple files and papers, and they’ll come in and phone in as customers.

Interview Questions
  • Asked if you are willing to negotiate a price from 20,000 to less than 10,000. And the customer wouldn’t budge a single penny and got frustrated.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in Feb 2020

Interview

The interview process is tedious to say, but you can get through it. First their is a brief skills and personality assessment, then video recording interview, then brief phone interview, then role play (it is absolutely intense), and then the final management Panel interview. The role play guys- it is literally you doing the job. Pay attention to detail and always remain professional and provide great customer service. They know you are going to mess up and they know its hard, but trust me they are very forgiving as long as you PAY ATTENTION TO THE DETAILS, so relax. The panel interview is a lot more relaxed and the managers do not interrogate you. They talk about the position and try to get to know you and ask some basic interview questions.

Interview Questions
  • Why geico? Why should we pick you? Explain a time you went above and beyond for a customer.
9 people found this interview helpful

GEICO

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO

Interview

This is a tough interview process. I've been through interviews with a sheriff's office that had 30 page packets that required 10 years of complete work/living/criminal history but I'd rank this interview on a different level of difficulty. They screen for a certain type of person because if you get offered a position they are putting up a lot of money with the hope that you can pass their training program and become a successful employee. 1. Applied online and received a request to take a skills test (matching blocks/spatial recognition and reading comprehension). I had applied at Geico in the past so they already had my personality test on file so I was able to skip that. 2. Video interview process. This was I think 13 questions and you have a few chances to answer the questions. Dress business professional for this part, shirt and tie. They are typical STAR based questions but you have time to work out an answer. 3. Speak with recruiter regarding video interview and answer any further questions they may have. 4. On-site role-play interview. This is the tough part and after speaking to supervisors and reading online I would estimate that only 10-20% of candidates make it through this part. You will be put in a room with a stereo that plays a tape which has 30 minutes of instructions. Pay close attention to this part. There are no hints or tricks I can give here, this is a make or break. Either you can do it, or not. After this portion, the interview team said they would grade my paperwork and get back to me within a few days. A lot of people said if you leave at this stage you are not getting the job, that is not always accurate. 5. I received a phone call from the recruiter letting me know that I passed the role-play portion of the interview and now I need to go and interview with the manager, I was told to wear a tie. The manager and supervisor of the Auto Damage team were present. They were laid back and asked pretty standard STAR based questions. Luckily for me they were very nice people and were upfront about everything. 6. Background check with third party company, this took almost 3 weeks to go through and I had to constantly email them IRS documents and get a hold of past employers. 7. Drug screening. This is not a normal drug screen, they will cut your hair and test it. It can go back pretty far (90+ days is the actual time frame, not a year. Even the drug screening people will tell you that). So if you're into any kind of drugs, don't even attempt to waste anyone's time. 8. Training is then set-up and you are introduced to the person who will be in charge of your training.

Interview Questions
  • Name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer.
7 people found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied for the job through the Geico website, got a call about a couple days later about a assessment test that i had to complete within a week. Following, I received a call about a video interview that I had to complete. It was about 20 questions in which you had to record yourself answering the questions, its not timed so you could take your time to think about your answers. The questions where mostly about yourself and STAR method questions. After passing the interview I was called about a week later with more questions. (simple questions about your resume) At the end of the phone call, I made an appointment for the role play. THE ROLE PLAY IS NO JOKE - YOU NEED TO BE MENTALLY READY. They put you in a very small office for two hours and at first they make you listen to a 45 minute recording about this fake company and they make you basically memorize all of the companies rules. (TAKE A LOT OF NOTES) After you pass the role play, you get a call from the hiring manger in your city to set up an interview. The interview lasted about 1 hour, they talk about the job and ask you more STAR method question. After it was over, I was offered the job.

Interview Questions
  • Role Play Tips: Know how to write a check, PLEASE know how to negotiate, Dont get overwhelmed and if you make a couple mistakes dont stress it.
1 person found this interview helpful

Anonymous Employee in Miramar, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Miramar, FL) in Jan 2020

Interview

I applied. Took an assement right after filling out the application. A week or so later had to do an online interview which was kind of nerve racking for me having to talk infront of a computrer. Going to the physical interview/ role play tomorrow.

Interview Questions
  • A time you delt with a difficult customer/ person

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fairbanks, AK

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fairbanks, AK) in Jan 2020

Interview

Difficult, role play, can last a few hours if you go on to next steps. They want to know you have excellent customer service and negotiation skills, but not overly arrogant.

Interview Questions
  • Tell us about a difficult situation and how you handles it
Viewing 1 - 10 of 206 Interviews