GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in North Hollywood, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (North Hollywood, CA) in September 2013.

Interview

I received a call from the recruiter a few days after applying online. Had a phone interview (passed that), then a skills test (reading comprehension, spacial identification), then another phone interview with the regional Auto Damage Adjuster recruiter. The next week I had a 1-on-1 interview with the same regional recruiter, who was impressed with my interview. After that, I moved onto the role playing section. In this section, keep your paperwork neat and organized! They'll try to fluster you with phone calls, paperwork and irate customers. Word of advise in this section - NEGOTIATE rates and be FIRM about company policies! I think my negotiation skills were great, since I met with the hiring manager, however, I'm assuming the paperwork was a bit unorganized. I received an email the next day stating I didn't get the job. I was disappointed to say the least. The hiring manager mentioned the next steps were drug tests, background checks, etc. and next thing you know I got rejected. I'm surprised they weren't more lenient since you had 30 minutes to figure EVERYTHING out. I think they should keep in mind this is a TRAINEE position.

Interview Questions

• Tell me of a time where you failed at helping a customer?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Tampa, FL) in October 2013.

Interview

I had applied online on the GEICO website and finally heard back from them three months later, asking if I was still interested in the position. I had time when they called me so the Geico Supervsor conducted a phone interview with typical interview questions like what kind of experience I had with customer service. Next, I was invited to take a test that consisted of reading comprehension and a spacial test...with counting blocks in a 3D picture.

The supervisors then grade the tests and call each person who did not pass out of the room. In my group of 10, only 2 failed the tests. They were very simple. Read a paragraph and answer questions (which the answers are already in front of your face)

Afterwards, half the group are rescheduled for their face to face interview the next day. I was one of the few who were selected to do the interview as soon as possible. They place us in the break room and call us each one by one into a different room. One chair in front (for you) and all the Auto Damage supervisors sit in front of you (about six of them) in a form of panel interview. They ask you again typical interview questions. At the end, they said they wanted to talk to me again so I will be hearing back from them later that evening.

Later that evening, I got a phone call to come in the very next day for role playing simulation type of interview. I show up and I pretty much had a room as my "office" with a lot of different forms and papers. I was to be a claims adjuster for a fake equipment insurance company. There is a cassette that reads a 20 pg instruction booklet on how to do the role play. It's easy if you pay attention. Remember to be nice, but assertive when you need to be.

Once I was done, the supervisors go over your test and call you back in once they are done. I was then interviewed by three supervisors but this time, it was more about if I am willing to do certain parts of the job (the schooling, the studying, etc). Then they make me leave the room again. Wait. One supvr calls me back in and extend the job offer to me.

The background check takes about a week. Long process, but worth it.

Interview Questions

• Honestly, there weren't any difficult questions that were asked   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. The salary was posted up front in the very beginning

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Sacramento, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Sacramento, CA) in February 2014.

Interview

I had a quick phone call to set up the phone interview for the following Monday. I thought I did okay on the phone interview but, on Friday they sent me an email saying they didn't select me to move forward.

Interview Questions

• This job will take you to dangerous parts of town how do you feel about that?   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The first step is a phone interview. It is actually very lengthy. Mine was 2 hours long. The first part of the phone interview was about understanding the job and all of its requirements. The second part of the phone interview was asking about previous job experiences. I was asked about any job experience I had that would require me to be detail oriented, multitasking, and dealing with difficult customers. They also asked about my negotiating skills and experience. After the phone interview, you are invited for a follow up interview where you will complete a 2 part assessment testing reading comprehension and observation skills. It's not as important to finish the entire test in the time frame as it is to get as many right as possible. After the assessment you begin the role play scenario, which is the hardest. There's no real way to prepare for it. After that they will let you know whether or not you passed.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult is the role play scenario. It lasts about an hour and is set up as if you are actually on the job. The scenario tests how well you respond to several tasks to handle (paperwork) while customers are calling and people are walking in and out. It also tests how well you respond to upset customers and negotiating on prices with repair facilities.   1 Answer

Negotiation

There is no negotiating on salary. They offer you a fair salary from the start and an opportunity for raises based on performances after a certain time.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Interview

The interview process was somewhat hurried and rushed due to poor planning and a rush to get into a training class

Interview Questions

• No really difficult questions, but the role play was different.   Answer Question

There was no negotiation. They made an offer and I felt I could do better.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interview process was very straightforward, but it was rather long and drawn out. It has taken close to three weeks from the time I found the position advertisement until now, and I am still in the interview process. I started by submitting my resume along with the application and was then selected for a brief (20 minutes in my case) interview with one of the company recruiters. I was asked basic interview questions and none of them proved to be difficult. The interviewer was very polite and friendly, and that certainly helped to set me at ease.

Following that I had to take an online assessment test. This was broken into two parts - reading comprehension and spatial recognition/acuity. The recruiter informed me from the start that (1) it was unlikely I'd finish all of the questions on either part and that (2) it wasn't expected that I would, anyway. The reading comprehension test is exactly that: a test to see how well you understand what you have read. You have a multi-paragraph article to read, after which you are asked a small series of questions. You have a new article after about 2 to 3 questions, so in all you have 3 or 4 articles to read. This test timed out on me before I could answer the last 3 questions.

The spatial test has a series of Jenga-like blocks stacked in different configurations. 5 of the blocks in each stack are identified as either A,B,C,D or E. You have to look at the specified block and determine how many other blocks it is actually touching. This is really not a difficult test if you pay attention to the manner in which the other blocks are stacked. This test timed out on me before I could identify the 5 blocks in the final configuration.

I was informed that I passed the test and that the next step is a motor vehicle evaluation. Provided that I am able to prove I am not an insurance risk I will be scheduled for the final step in the interview process.

Interview Questions

• As of right now I have not been asked any difficult questions. Everything thus far has been very reasonable and expected. I gather that the difficult interview questions come with the final phase of the interview when you are scheduled for the 30 minute role-play event.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2014.

Interview

There were four steps to this interview. The first was a telephone interview, the next an examination where you just need to know basic problem solving, the third an in person interview, and finally the role play. Both interviews and the test were straight forward. The role play was very hard. You need to be good at multi tasking, and learning quickly. They give you the directions, and then for the next hour or so, you have to pretend to be an adjuster.

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied to Geico online and heard back from someone a few days later. This was the first interview, about 15 minutes on the phone. They asked very generic questions about my resume and some about the job. At the end, I was told I "passed" and they wanted me to take some tests.

About 2 weeks later I went to an office and took two tests which took a total of 15 minutes. The first was pictures of blocks and you had to correctly guess how many were touching each one. The second was reading a paragraph and answering multiple choice questions. The tests are timed. After the tests the answers were collected and we were sent on our way.

I didn't hear back from them for about 2 weeks. I actually assumed I didn't get the job for some reason or another, but then I got a phone call from a different manager and they wanted to do a phone interview. This was a much longer and in depth interview that lasted about 2 hours. Your basic interview questions and info about the job. At the end of that interview I was told I had moved on to the NEXT step.

The 4th step was the dreaded "role play" interview. I went to a location and sat in a fake office. I was given 35 minutes to listen to a cd with instructions and read along with the cd as well as organize the paperwork on the desk. Then for the next 2 hours or so, 2 managers call you on the phone and walk in pretending to be customers in scenarios you have to handle. This was really difficult as you don't have much training as to what to do and they are specifically trying to throw you curve balls. There is no way to study or prepare for this part of the process, just try to relax and keep your cool, and give the best customer service you can while applying company policies.

Approximately a week later, I was called and told I had reached the FINAL step. I met with a manager and he asked me about my availability and if I would be willing to work more when needed, if I would be able to attend the training, ect. Then they offered me the job on the spot.

The interview process was very long and the role play part was brutal. If you can get to the role play part, and pass it, you're in.

Interview Questions

• The role play interview was like nothing I have encountered in the interview process before. They really try to trip you up and make you give bad service or fill out papers wrong.   1 Answer

Negotiation

No negotiation. They were right up front with the pay from the first interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Los Angeles, CA) in March 2014.

Interview

I applied online and I received a call the next morning. The person asked if it would be fine to do a phone interview then and there but I should have rescheduled. I was still asleep and I didn't answer the questions to my full potential. I received an email 2 days later saying that they didn't want me and that I could reapply in 6 months. I was hopeful because the interviewer said that they had a training class they were trying to fill in May.

Interview Questions

• The strangest question was one about the job taking you into dangerous places and what would you do.
      Why do you want to work here?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Paterson, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Paterson, NJ).

Interview

Phone interview. Online assessment. Background Check. FTF Manager interview. Then the most ridiculous role playing thing in which you basically have to learn the job in about 5 minutes (30 minute recorded instructions 5 minutes to organize things). It's frustrating and even if you stick it out to show that you're not a quitter, you still will not be considered. For less than 50K a year it's the dumbest interview I've ever been on. For a TRAINEE position.