GEICO Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

Role play is the biggest part of the interview. The assessment is also tough. You have to be very focus and answer all questions accurately. They aren't looking for how many answers you complete they look for how accurate your answers are

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Tampa, FL) in September 2014.

Interview

The most interviews I have ever experienced for any job in my life. Multiple initial phone interviews. Unusual online tests that had nothing to do with the job. A final in-person role play interview that was quite hilarious (to me) . Because I am under contract I cannot go into specific detail as to the full process. Just know in advance that the process is lengthy. If you are a go-getter with an outgoing personality and can demonstrate that you can think fast you will do well. Most of all, be yourself. Interview them to make sure the job fits your talents. This job is not for everyone. Many do not pass the training and are fired.

Interview Questions

• The final interview was a situational role play. Because of contract I am not allowed to disclose questions asked. All I can say is that it was quite amusing. If you can keep a level head while under pressure and think on your feet, you will pass.   Answer Question

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2015.

Interview

Still in the interview process but so far.... Applied online and received a short phone call interview that lasted about 10-15 minutes. This was just to make sure I knew what I was getting into and the salary. After that interview, I took the reading comp. and spacial awareness test. After passing that test, I took an experienced adjuster test. I passed that test and now I'm waiting on my next interview.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Los Angeles, CA) in April 2016.

Interview

Interview process was very smooth and straight forward. Unfortunately I didn't get an offer because of a point in my license that didn't allow me to continue the process. Will try again.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make a quick tough decision and what was the outcome.   1 Answer

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO in March 2016.

Interview

The first parts of the interview were great. I was interviewing for a cross-the-country position so it take much longer than normal. It would take 2 weeks or longer in between stages of the interview. The first was a phone interview, followed by 2 online assessments which I found unrelated to the job, but decently difficult, passed both. There was then another person who called me and stated a manager would be calling me, where I waited over a month for this call. In the mean time my background driving record was checked and passed. I finally received the manager call which took 40 minutes and went great, he said I would be an incredible asset to the team and that my customer service responses were beyond on par. I then had to schedule the last final stage which was the roll playing... They found somebody here in my home state to meet me and do this, so it was not like most situations. I walked into a business meeting room to over 25 sheets of paper all labeled Forms A through Forms F and numerous sub forms... They don't explain the sheets much to you at all, and then are immediately in character. I decided after 50 minutes that the roll playing form of interview was not going to work for me and declined perusing the position any further. It's like being thrown into the job on day 45 and expecting you know how to do the job start to finish.. I don't feel this is effective for an entry level job and I do claims already. The gentleman stated they have used this strategy since the 80's, which is fine... but they have the chance of missing many candidates that would wonderful for the job with this phase.

Interview Questions

• Typical interview questions: Why would you be an asset to the team? How would you handle confrontation with a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Newark, NJ

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Newark, NJ) in March 2016.

Interview

20 Minute Interview with HR Rep, mainly on resume and why I was searching for a new position. Main part was passing a test they give you to determine if your personality is fit for the position.

Interview Questions

• Are you comfortable with traveling?
      Rate your attendance at work.
      Would you be able to leave home for a month for training?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Metairie, LA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Metairie, LA) in August 2013.

Interview

Online test with the original application; Got a phone call to do an In person test and in person interview; there were four candidates before the test, I was the only one who made it to the in person interview; Background check and Hair sample drug test before offer extended

Auto Damage Field Adjuster Interview

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interview process was very fast and efficient. The interviewers followed up promptly and were very knowledgeable. The process was fine but since I am a mother of three. I could not leave for a three week period.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in August 2015.

Interview

First step is a brief phone interview, just listen to what they say about the job and answer some availability questions. It is fairly straight forward.

Second step is to go into Geico for computer testing. You will be tested on Reading Comprehension (high school level) and Spatial Analysis (basically you have to count boxes on a computer screen). With regard to these test, accuracy is more important than answering more question, you will be timed (you have less than 3 minute for each section so make sure you don't skip the tutorial). This step require focus. If you pass you will move on to step 3.

Third step involves a face to face interview with the hiring staff at Geico, they will ask you S.T.A.R. type questions. Be prepared to answer questions and also prepare questions to ask them. Being prepared ahead of time will help you succeed here. If you pass you will move on to final step.

Final step is a role play assessment. You will be given a packet of information which you have 30 minutes to read and remember. Then you will spend the next hour or two pretending you are an adjuster for a warranty company. You will be required to talk to clients and repair shops over the phone and in person, you will also be required to fill out some forms including claims, estimates, on site visit planner, etc. It is vital that you read the instruction carefully and follow its every instruction. If you go off script, you will not pass.

The most important aspect of this last role play assessment is actually testing your temperament and ability to work under pressure. The fake clients and fake repair shop people (actors are Geico employees) will scream at you, make unreasonable demands and test you for how far you can be pushed. To pass, you need to do what's required (file claims, make estimates, negotiate repair, fill out the forms correctly, etc.). Keep smiling, be polite and never lose your temper. Frankly, I messed up by incorrectly filing the estimate and tried hard balling in a negotiation with the fake repair shop people. MY ADVICE: REMEMBER YOU ARE A GLORIFIED CUSTOMER SERVICE REP WHO HAPPENS TO HAVE AN ADJUSTER LICENSE, HAVING CUSTOMER SERVICE SKILL IS VERY IMPORTANT! Failing this step will result in a ban from reapplying for a year instead of the usual 6 month. To be honest, it's kind of harsh, be mentally prepared.

If you pass the role play assessment, you will meet with hiring staff again and be offered the job. There is no negotiation with regard to pay, you start with 43K. Pass drug test and background check (including credit) and you are employed. After which you will be sent to Geico Training Program to learn and obtain your adjuster license (takes 3 months). You may be sent away from home for a month, depending on your location. Pre-School takes 1 month and is done at your local area. The actual School is in Mclean, VA (for east coast applicants), you will stay 1 month there, all expenses are paid for. The Post-School takes 1 month and is done at your local area again. After 3 months of learning and upon successfully obtaining the adjuster license, you will officially start your job as an on-site adjuster. After another 6 months to a year, you will be moved to adjust claims in the field. So, from application to actually starting your job will take 3-6 months minimum, during which you will be paid. You'll get a small raise once you become an official field adjuster. Keep in mind though, if you fail to maintain a 90% average during training or fail to obtain your license at the end, you will be dismissed and terminated.

Interview Questions

• Q: Your supervisor wants 22 hr average, and you managed 21 hr average, but you are actually in middle of the pack in terms performance, what will you do?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2015.

Interview

The whole process is very lengthy. After a phone interview and role play, you go through three weeks of preschool followed by a month of basic class in Virginia. It is very stressful.

Interview Questions

• Would you be able to handle a stressful work environment where you may be constantly yelled at daily?   Answer Question