GEICO Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.2

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Waldorf, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interviews are BS, you can hear the person monotonously reading off their sheet and the tapping of them scrolling down their screen. Been through the process three times and each time they take their time getting back to you and waste about two months of your time just to say you didn't get the position. Time could have been spent applying elsewhere...

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

take a typing test, answer questions with a manager, role play working for a fake company and they give you 25mins to study this company (its a little packet you read) once 25mins is up they will call you on the phone and you have to act as an employee for that fake company. its there way of getting an idea of how you hand things, sit with an employee and shadow for 45mins, another interview with a manager, paperwork and then your done.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. First was the computer based test where it's designed for you to do horribly, but see how you operate under stress, as well as a typing speed test. Second was the interview with a claims supervisor. Next was the role play. Wasn't that difficult. Just stick to the policies no matter what.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with phone screening interview. If u pass that stage, you have to do online assessment to test your visual. If you pass that then you get to have an in person interview with a supervisor. After that interview you move on to a role play interview. And if you pass that, u interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied for the job, got a email within a couple days saying a recruiter was going to call me for an interview. The Interview call was short maybe 15-30 minutes which she explain the job , asked me a few STAR questions and wonder if i had any questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Geico's process for this position is very extensive so be ready. First they call you and ask some basic questions and ask to set up a phone interview lasting 30 minutes. Which i do have to say the lady on the phone was very nice and encouraging. Upon passing that interview they set you for a role playing joke of an interview. This last well over an hour where you get an office and pretend to be a claims adjuster. The company has nothing to do with cars and you feel blind sided. Have your cell phone because they will call you on it. I do have to say the managers were nice but no advice whatsoever. Most people will fail this crappy game.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a 3-4 hour role play interview at Geico office inside a bodyshop. Never even bothered to call me after the interview on whether I got the job or not.
    They gave me a packet full of detailed info and forms about a fake company that you are supposed to learn WHILE listening to a 30 minute recording about the fake company and you only have 30 mins or less to learn everything you can about it before three Geico employees start the roleplaying.

They put you in a separate office and you have to act like you are running that fake business while they act like your customers and accounts. They will call your phone and come in your office several times grilling you on stuff that you don't know because it requires quotes and forms that you have never even seen before. You also have to plan out your daily schedule to pick the most time efficient routes when visiting your accounts while also taking into consideration the customers needs.

Interview Questions

• I have never been to an interview like this and thought I did well to handle the stress and multi-tasking but didn't get the job. Couldn't believe they would actually role-play the entire 3-4 hours and never asked a single normal interview question.

(They asked the normal questions during phone interviews) Tell me a time when...you dealt with stress or had to negotiate a difficult sale.
      Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Hicksville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Hicksville, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

15 minute phone interview followed by an hour long online aptitude test. After passing both I was brought in for an in person interview. That interview was very strange. The man conducting the interview was rude and gave the impression that he'd rather be doing anything else. He asked generic questions that he read from a packet and didnt even bother to look up at me when I was speaking. Rude and unprofessional.

About a week later I received an email telling me that I was not being offered the position. No reason was given however they would be happy to have me apply again in 6 months. Since I'm not sure what went wrong I don't expect to apply in 6 months and have a different outcome.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a challenging situation in your current position.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Jersey City, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Jersey City, NJ) in February 2016.

Interview

the interview process is fairly easy with straightforward questions. I will say that the process after you pass the initial interview is rough almost unfair given this was supposed to be a training position. The second interview is a role play of an actual day on the job. Very little time to prepare they just dump work on you and hope you know everything in a matter of 15 minutes.

Interview Questions

• Where else have you worked?
      Why Geico?
      What about this position makes you want to work here?
      give me a scenario of a time where a customer was not happy how did you handle it?
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online then they contact me after few days.
    After few days you will recieve an email from Geico along with the recruiter email adress so you can schedule the phone interview

Interview Questions

• Why you wanna be an adjuster?   1 Answer