GEICO Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in September 2015.

Interview

There was a typing test and then a role play. The HR associate asked a few questions and was very nice. Afterwards I met with a woman that asked more questions and was apparently in charge of hiring. She discussed it with her team and offered me the job. It was a long drawn out process that essentially could've been completed over the course of three hours instead of 8.

Afterwards, the "nurse" there cut a chunk of my hair for drug screening. It wasn't noticeable afterwards since I have long thick hair but it was strange that they cut so much (approximately half an inch width) from your scalp. I came back for the GEICO 101 on my hire date and the rest is history.

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

take a typing test, answer questions with a manager, role play working for a fake company and they give you 25mins to study this company (its a little packet you read) once 25mins is up they will call you on the phone and you have to act as an employee for that fake company. its there way of getting an idea of how you hand things, sit with an employee and shadow for 45mins, another interview with a manager, paperwork and then your done.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in January 2014.

Interview

Thorough and warm and overall an absolutely amazing experience. I spent the entire day from 8 am until 5 pm there. I believe under pressure is how I would describe the experience. I believe I was as patient as possible and I was offered the position and accepted

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Louisville, KY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Louisville, KY) in May 2016.

Interview

Two phone interviews and then a 3-4 hour role play interview at Geico office inside a bodyshop. Never even bothered to call me after the interview on whether I got the job or not.
    They gave me a packet full of detailed info and forms about a fake company that you are supposed to learn WHILE listening to a 30 minute recording about the fake company and you only have 30 mins or less to learn everything you can about it before three Geico employees start the roleplaying.

They put you in a separate office and you have to act like you are running that fake business while they act like your customers and accounts. They will call your phone and come in your office several times grilling you on stuff that you don't know because it requires quotes and forms that you have never even seen before. You also have to plan out your daily schedule to pick the most time efficient routes when visiting your accounts while also taking into consideration the customers needs.

Interview Questions

• I have never been to an interview like this and thought I did well to handle the stress and multi-tasking but didn't get the job. Couldn't believe they would actually role-play the entire 3-4 hours and never asked a single normal interview question.

(They asked the normal questions during phone interviews) Tell me a time when...you dealt with stress or had to negotiate a difficult sale.   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied for the job, got a email within a couple days saying a recruiter was going to call me for an interview. The Interview call was short maybe 15-30 minutes which she explain the job , asked me a few STAR questions and wonder if i had any questions

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Memphis, TN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Memphis, TN) in June 2016.

Interview

Geico's process for this position is very extensive so be ready. First they call you and ask some basic questions and ask to set up a phone interview lasting 30 minutes. Which i do have to say the lady on the phone was very nice and encouraging. Upon passing that interview they set you for a role playing joke of an interview. This last well over an hour where you get an office and pretend to be a claims adjuster. The company has nothing to do with cars and you feel blind sided. Have your cell phone because they will call you on it. I do have to say the managers were nice but no advice whatsoever. Most people will fail this crappy game.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Waldorf, MD

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Waldorf, MD) in January 2017.

Interview

The phone interviews are BS, you can hear the person monotonously reading off their sheet and the tapping of them scrolling down their screen. Been through the process three times and each time they take their time getting back to you and waste about two months of your time just to say you didn't get the position. Time could have been spent applying elsewhere...

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in October 2016.

Interview

The process started with phone screening interview. If u pass that stage, you have to do online assessment to test your visual. If you pass that then you get to have an in person interview with a supervisor. After that interview you move on to a role play interview. And if you pass that, u interview with the manager.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

Three part interview. First was the computer based test where it's designed for you to do horribly, but see how you operate under stress, as well as a typing speed test. Second was the interview with a claims supervisor. Next was the role play. Wasn't that difficult. Just stick to the policies no matter what.

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

Difficult interview process with multiple interviews. The second interview is a nearly impossible role play that lasts 1.5 hours. You are given a short time to learn the job and have to perform the job while the team puts you in difficult situations.

Interview Questions

• General interview questions were asked. Nothing out of the ordinary.   Answer Question