GEICO Claims Adjuster Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Adjuster Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Denver, CO

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Denver, CO) in February 2019.

Interview

I had read all of the reviews and was ready for a rigorous interview process. I applied and received an invitation for the online testing. Then about a week later, I received an invitation to interview by email. I emailed back the same day-a Friday-with my 3 preferred times to interview. I hadn't heard anything back by Monday afternoon so I sent another email back. Tuesday afternoon I sent an email to the HR department from the website and I get a call a few hours later to set up the interview. We set it for early Friday morning at 7:30. So I am prepared in a quiet area and wait 30 minutes after our scheduled time and call my interviewer. Oh of course he was just getting ready to call me! So we talk for about 15 minutes all questions of would you be willing to do this or that. Then apparently we are out of time and have to set up another time to finish the interview. He sets the time-early Tuesday morning. So I am currently working at another job but I gather all of my stuff and prepare a quiet environment...no call again. So I call and leave a message and never get anything back. Then check my application status a few days later and it is "withdrawn." I guess if that is how the interview process is it might be a pretty bad place to work.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in June 2018.

Interview

The first step was to take a typing test. They just want to see how many wpm you can type w/out error. Very basic. From there you have a preliminary interview. They ask you the basic questions of “explain a time on a job where you felt like you had to overcome a struggle”.
    If you do well after the first interview you have a mock working assignment. They put me in a room with a paper of directions which you have a few minutes to read over. On a desk there’s a phone and some files- they begin calling as if they’re customers and you find and read their file, give them the information and document.
    I believe that lasted 30-45 mins.
    From there, you shadow someone who is working the department you are applying for. You’re supposed to only be there an hour but managers went to a meeting and I was there for almost 3. Trust me, with or without that hiccup it is a LONG DAY!
    Finally, you meet with management for your final interview. In my interview he asked most about college experience and why I should get the job. He then left for a while (which I found out later was the time he makes interviewees “sweat”). I was hired and sent to fill out paperwork.
    I was there a full work day. I got there at 8 and left about 4-4:30. They do ask after a couple of the steps if you have time or you need to come back a different day.

Interview Questions

• What makes you the best candidate?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC).

Interview

Very hard especially the stimulation process. I was not prepared for it at all. Definitely should have read more reviews to be better prepared for the exercise. Will try again when I can

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Los Angeles, CA) in February 2019.

Interview

After sending application you take an assessment. They may or may not invite you to a phone interview. If you do have a phone interview and do well, they will invite you to a role playing interview in person. The role playing interview is very quick and you have no clue what to expect. I would describe it as chaotic.

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in March 2015.

Interview

It was a long process many interviews and mock conversations. It took hours and I was hungry and now prepared to spend so many hours getting interviewed over and over again by different people all whom have no clue what the job actually is

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Started with a phone interview then went in for a computer assessment and interview with HR representative. The interview was later in the day and felt rushed. The rep told me that the manager had to review each applicant and they would call me. I received a form letter later the following week telling me I had not been selected. I emailed HR for a clarification, as I had applied for 2 different positions. I never heard back.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to make an unpopular decision   Answer Question

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The Interview process was not bad. I made it through the pre-interview and then the over the phone interview. I was moving to a new city and they will very will to work with me. I was then going to do the test in person at a local office but I did not make it through the over the phone interview (which by the way, was to be in person if I had already moved).

Overall, a pretty generic and common interview process. It was nice, however, how willing they were to work with me!

Claims Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Online assessment was 1st which took about 45 minutes. Then came the phone interviews; 1st phone interview 20 minutes, 2nd phone interview 45 minutes, 3rd phone interview 1 hour. Completely waste of time that could've been done in person to get it out of the way. I advanced to the role play assessment. I've already done my research on this and read on different reviews to why people fail. I studied but it's mostly based off of negotiating and customer service skills which I already have experience on. The role play assessment was 3 hours long. You go in and they throw a huge packet at you to which you listen to on a laptop while trying to take notes. You have 30 minutes and they give you no instructions. They you paperwork and the role play assessment begins. Completely pointless. I didn't even have this many interviews/role play assessment when I went through the police force.
    My advice is cut to an in-person interview when you find someone who has completed the online assessment with a passing score. You're wasting everyone's time and the company's resources in doing 3 phone interviews with a role play assessment. That is, especially since the training is already going to be 9 weeks long if you get the job.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you were critiqued and how did you deal with it.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in April 2015.

Interview

Phone Call process. Took an Hour instead of 30 minutes. Some of the questions seemed irrelevant. There are not 50 words to describe how simple the interview questions were. The interviewer was very young. Seemed surprised that I wanted a higher paying job and that I was the age I am.

Interview Questions

• Do you mind working on weekends?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Los Angeles, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Los Angeles, CA) in June 2015.

Interview

After applying i took a test, which i didn't finish. Got a call the next day to set the phone interview. Phone interview was easy. Then submitted info for dmv check. Tomorrow is my face to face interview.

Interview Questions

• Why do you wanna be an adjuster for Geico? How do you feel about handling irrate customers?   Answer Question