GEICO Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.7

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Orlando, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Orlando, FL) in April 2017.

Interview

First the online application, went well. Then, the online assessment, went well. Then the 14 individual videos that you must submit role playing as if you were speaking to customers in difficult situations, went well. Then the face to face with the management team for "2 hours" of role play. They sit you in a very small office, with a tape to listen to for 35 minutes. There are 12-14 packets of forms on the desk. You work for a hypothetical medical supply company. Just as you're finishing up with the tape, someone enters the office, all pizzed off, and demanding answers. Just about that time, your cell rings with another customer wanting to know answers. This goes on for 3+ hours. I guess that didn't go so well as I forgot to tell the folks on the phone who I worked for...(they called me!)but, I do believe they are looking for "warm" people, more than "professional" people. I tried to accommodate all in a professional manner and didn't ask them about recent fishing trips or the weather. After all this, I didn't make the cut. It is an intense 3 hours and somewhat needless in my opinion. It would make much more sense to me for them to use automotive examples...a channel I know something about instead of medical supplies. Long story short, and bottom line....a HUGE waste of my time to cater to these jokers. They set you up to fail, not succeed.

Interview Questions

• Where's my medical cart and when are you going to pay for it.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Seems most on here have about the same setup, in regards to the process and seems to vary a little by states too. This was mine.
    1. Applied online
    2. Received a email in 2 days asking me to do the online assessments.
    3. Follow day had a email for request to schedule a phone interview.
    4. 2 days later had the phone interview. (15-20) minutes General interview questions.
    5. Was told after interview I should here for someone with 1-2 weeks for a face to face.
    6. Was contacted by a local manager for the F2F in under 2 hours after the phone interview.
    7. F2F interview took about 45 minutes to an hour while he filled out paper work packet.
    8. At the end of interview I was offered to come back after the weekend for Role-play.
    9. Role play lasted about 2 hours including a 30 minute lesson on cassette.
    10. Now In waiting mode, but did have a hiring manager leave a message today, that I missed.

Interview Questions

• Pretty in-depth questions was surprises a bit by the , have you applied for other jobs? Role play was the most intense, but like others stay calm carry on and do your best at customer service.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Tyler, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Tyler, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

Do your research and be prepared to commit before you apply. If your skills and background are a match for the position then you will get one or two skills test to take. If you pass those then you will schedule a phone interview. My recruiter was very professional and easy to speak with. If you are proceeded then you will schedule your role play, which was about five hours total with a meeting with hiring manager. Everyone was very professional and if you have a strong customer service background then you will have an advantage. It will take about a month for the hiring process, they also do a very in depth background on you and your work history. Be prepared to dedicate 9 weeks of out of town training.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Miami, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

2 phone interviews. Brief and straight to the point. A bunch of situational questions. (what would you do) Basically like talking to a robot reading off a script. Answered all questions in detail. Didn't even make it to in person role play. Was sent a rejection email the next day.

Interview Questions

• Lets say you have 15 minutes until an appointment. The appointment is 12 minutes away, but you have to call a customer, send an email, and fill a piece of paper. How would you manage that time?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

online assessment that tests personality and depth perception. 15 min interview, then a 1 hr phone interview. basic STAR questions and format. in person job assessment and face to face interview that's 3-4 hours. This is where you role play and pretend you're a claims adjuster for a made up company. background check and driving history check. then a hair drug test searching for hard drugs.

Interview Questions

• name a time when you had to negotiate.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from someone who asks you questions about yourself, why you want to leave your current position/ why you want to work for Geico.

Then he will ask you when you can meet up for a second interview because you passed this one. He will give you times and send you an email, letting you know where to meet for your role playing interview.

At the role playing interview you are given 30 minutes to learn what it is you will be needing to do and 1-1.5 hrs to complete the process of what it is like to be a claims adjuster. You will have to take phone calls and figure out a way to do your claims adjusting for the day since on a given day you an only be out in the field for 3.5-4hrs a day.

Interview Questions

• During the role playing simulation I asked if I could ask questions that I didn't know the answer to.

They responded by saying "this is a simulation and you will have to figure it out"   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Miami, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Miami, FL) in October 2017.

Interview

The hiring process involves a lot of interviews. Starting with a 20-30 phone interview. Then another with a recruiter that could last up to an hour. Then a face to face with role playing. Just follow the instructions and try not to get overwhelmed. Then another interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Atlanta, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Atlanta, GA) in September 2017.

Interview

The interview process was like any interview. The first question they ask before they continue is “Training consist of 9 weeks.... some in Macon and some in Virginia ... clue that something you can do?” I asked are we free on the weekend and can go home to visit family and I was told no. I felt the interview went well... but unfortunately it didn’t because I received an email a week later saying I wasn’t chosen.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Tampa, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Tampa, FL) in January 2017.

Interview

Started with the online application. A segment asked "what if" questions. Another was about counting blocks. If you pass those they send you about 20 questions that you have to video record yourself answering. After I got a phone call to schedule an assessment. I had to go to the local geico office where I had to role play. They sat me in a small office and listen to a 30 minute long CD that I could barely understand because it was muffled. I had to pretend to work and an equipment insurance company, answer phone calls, fill out forms, do estimates. They pretended to be upset customers to see how I react. After I finished they told me they will let me know if I am accepted. I got a denial email. I think it was because I got an estimate wrong.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had to deal with a difficult customer.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lubbock, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lubbock, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

After applying I was prompted to go through an assessment test. Once I passed that I was call for a phone interview. This interview lasted about 20 minutes. I was then contacted by the local supervisor and they set up an in person interview. This interview was scheduled in a different city so I had to travel about 1.50 hours to the interview which was held in a meeting room at a hotel. Everyone I talked to was super nice but the whole process was really intense for an insurance adjuster trainee position. I was not asked to go through the the second part of the which I hear is crazy long. Overall everyone again was really nice and professional from the phone interview to the in person interview but it was an exhausting process.