GEICO Claims Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Interview Questions

Updated Mar 11, 2017

2.6

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

I applied online, received an email to contact the recruiter in references to scheduling an interview. Went to Geico to take an assessment (you know at immediately if you passed or not) I passed so i went to the next step of the interview which was a face to face. The lady who interviewed me was nice but she wasn't very attentive. It seemed as if something else was on her mind which also threw me off during the interview. It was as if she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. Again, after the interview you will know if you will move forward. (i didnt)

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Claims Interview

Interview

you apply online. have a phone interview first with interview questions. then you come into the office for another intervioew. they give you a typing test. and they give you a personality test. then if you pass those two tests. they will have you sit side by side with someone doing the job you are applying for. then you will have another interview. thats when they tell you if you got the job or not. long day.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in April 2016.

Interview

The interview was fairly simple. I applied for the Customer service position first, but once the phone interview was complete and I scheduled the next part, the customer service position had been filled. I was prepared to take the computer skills test, but when I got there, the lady at the front desk said that they still had my test on file from 2014 where I had passed (Different state, offered position, declined). Therefore, I didn't have to retake the computer or the simulation tests. Basically, all I had to do was interview with the HR department. The interview seemed to go pretty well. The lady who interviewed me was a bit monotone and straight forward; she asked questions about my job duties at previous jobs and she asked a lot of what-if questions. She seemed to be interested in me. Well, after finishing the interview, she said that she had to finish up her notes and asked me to go back into the waiting room, then she came back and got me. She asked a few more questions about my future plans to return to school, and how that would fit into my work schedule, then said she wanted to jot down a few more notes, so she asked me to go back to the waiting room. Moments later, she came back and got me, informed me that she would forward my application to the hiring manager (who was supposedly out of the office til next week) and said she would give me a call back on Monday. Well, today is Thursday and I still have not heard anything. I called on Tuesday to check the status, but the girl who answered the phone said it usually takes 3-5 business days to get a final answer, even if you actually get the job. I don't really know what to expect, but I guess I should start back with my job search.

Interview Questions

• How would you resolve an issue with an angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in August 2013.

Interview

Did app. online for Lakeland Fl. and receive a email the next day to schedule a phone interview. Did the phone interview then had to come into the office for a computer test. The computer test consist of wearing head phones and putting in information from the fake callers like their name, policy number, state their calling from and area code then you send it to the right department as in sales, claims, or where ever it suppose to go. When I started I was waiting on the calls to pop up on the screen but when you see the numbers pop up in a little box winding down you're suppose to click on it to get the call. When i figured it out to much time had went by and I failed by 2 points. Once you figure out what you're suppose to do it's real easy. I was told to come back in 6 months. If i do go back I shouldn't have a problem. I know what to do now. Good luck people.

Interview Questions

• Why are you not working in your field since you have a Bachelor's in business management?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in October 2012.

Interview

I filled out an application online for the Sales Representative postilion and received an email the next day asking me to schedule a phone interview with them. I did so and got a call the next day. The woman on the phone was very friendly and asked about my previous employment (Where I've worked, How long I worked there, Why I left) and also asked about how many "Unexcused Absences" I had at my most recent job. She ended up telling me that they had filled the position for the Sales Representative but they had an opening in Claims and asked if I would be interested in that. I said that I was interested and she scheduled my appointment to come in for the rest of the interview process. I arrived at Geico for my testing. It was myself and 3 other people that went into the testing center together. The woman in the HR Office sat us each down at a computer and read us our instructions (Similar to an SOL proctor). She then told us to begin. First you are given a 100 + question personality test (Strongly Agree, Strongly Disagree Test) You are then told to read and learn about a company and their computer data entry system, then you listen to phone calls and read emails, while entering the information into the system within the time allotted. (Data Entry/Multi Tasking Test) After that portion of the test you are given a paragraph that you are required to type. (WPM Test) You are tested on both sections, twice. Once you are finished with the computer testing, they have you watch a 20 minute video about the company, positions, and benefits. As soon as the video is over you are taken back out into the lobby and one by one you are called into the back of the HR Office. Two of the Three people that I tested with were called back and returned less than 3 minutes later. I'm assuming that they failed the computer testing. Thus leaving myself and another man still waiting in the lobby. A few minutes later he was called back and then myself. I was taken into an office where I was then interviewed 1:1. She asked the basic interview questions. After the 1:1 interview I was then asked to go wait in the lobby. The man that I was sitting with before was in the lobby as well. A few minutes passed before him and I were called back again. We were then separated and placed into rooms not much larger than a half bathroom. In the room was a desk, a chair, a phone, and pens and pencils. This part of the interview process is the "Simulation" you are given information about a company in which you have to look over and learn within 20 minutes (Which is VERY difficult) The packet that I was given was about 10 pages long, top to bottom with text. This part of the process is by far the HARDEST! After your 20 minutes is up you receive phone calls from fake customers and paperwork that you have to fill out and file correctly within the customers folder. You have to look over the information you were given and answer their questions and handle their complaints to the best of your abilities. It is very nerve racking. The "Simulation" takes about an hour to complete. I was then sent back out into the lobby. The next step is to meet with a "Hiring Manager" I scheduled an appointment to come back and meet with someone. A few days later I came back to meet with the "Hiring Manager". I was interviewed by 3 people. Again, just your basic interview questions. JUST BE YOURSELF. Also "Yes Mam/Sir , No Mam/Sir" helps. When I was meeting with the "Hiring Manager" I answered one of his questions with "Yes Sir" and he stopped and said "Wow, Nice Manners" After my interview with the "Hiring Manager" they told me that they would make their decision and contact me within a week. I was contacted the next day and offered the position. I hope this helps! Just be yourself, Be polite, Dress nice, Stay calm, Don't stress out! Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• "What do you think you would like about the Claims position?"   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in September 2011.

Interview

Very casual. Genetic questions. No need to practice, they promote within so to work herr you would have to start at the bottom and quickly work your way up. Very easy. There is an assessment test to take which is I intimidating but it's really just to test your multitasking skills.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in July 2011.

Interview

The first process of the interview involved no one on one speaking, unless it was the fill out one of the several pieces of paperwork needed to process you the first day. I did not bring an extra resume, because it seemed like a very mechanical process where I did not have a name, but a number. After filling out the paperwork, and watching an introduction to Geico positions video, we were shuffled into another room to be tested of our skills. After several simulations that slightly touched on all positions available (sales, service, claims), we were asked to wait for the results. After another half hour- which pushed the interview time past the allotted time we were scheduled for, they wished those that did not pass good travels while signing up the successful ones for a phone interview.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There were no negotiations for the position I applied for.

Claims Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in April 2011.

Interview

In the process of interviewing right now. Applied online went in for a skills test and had a phone interview. So far its only been a week. Well see how it goes. The interview process seems kind of awkard, but the questions have been basic "why GEICO?" "What appealed you about the position".....