GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 18, 2017

3.4

58 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews and tests on multiple days. They make you wait hours to talk to someone only to be asked ridiculous questions. Really just a waste of time. Everyone there looks miserable. The girl I observed told me how much she hates working for Geico.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

June 16, 2017-Completed Application online
    June 16, 2017-Invited to take Assessment via email
    June 16, 2017-Invited to take Phone Interview via email
    June 18, 2017-Initial Phone Interview (Cancelled)
    June 19, 2017-Initial Phone Interview (lasted about 15 minutes and mainly discusses your attendance history)
    June 26, 2017-Interview and testing on site that's consists of computer knowledge testing, typing test and simulation test. **If a hiring manager is available you will do the entire process the same day.
    June 27, 2017-Last part of interview process where I will talk to the last HR manager and listen to live phone calls. If this goes well I should be offered the job and then sent for a hair follicle drug test

Interview Questions

• About 15 behavioral questions.....I would recommend using the STAR (S-ituation, T-ask, A-ction, R-esult) tactic to answer the questions and you'll be fine!   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

The process was bit tedious as I had to travel to and from the company more than I'd like. I wish it could have been condensed to one or two days. All behavioral questions.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy to me. I passed the typing/multi-tasking portion then moved on to the face to face interview. After passing that I moved along to the role playing portion of the interview which was the easiest part for me. Finally I was taken upstairs to shadow a current employee where afterwards I was interview by the hiring supervisor. My advice is to be yourself and be interested in the job.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Very long. They stress the importance of being on time which is reasonable and they advise you that the interview process can take 6 hours. Even if you stay the 6 hours, there is no guarantee you got the job. You end up being just a piece of paper to them, even if they give you positive remarks I wouldn't take it seriously or get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a moment of hardship and how you got through it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in April 2017.

Interview

First interview is an easy phone screening interview, then the computer test to test your accuracy and speed, then the role play which is as far as I got. I understand why they make you do the role play to see how you will do in the position, but in my opinion it was really hard and kind of pointless. If they're going to spend weeks training you in the position anyway you shouldn't give someone a hard time when they mess up the role play. It's a learning experience and they seem to expect you to be an expert in all their policies to answer the role play questions and scenarios. You're given 20 minutes to learn a packet of their policies, then have to do a 30 minute role play. I had to do mine with three other people in the room listening in while they waited to do their role play so it made me more self conscious. My advice- be a little more lenient in the role play grading, you clearly either have to have someone on the inside who can coach you on what to say or be overly talkative you can just talk circles out of the scenario.

Interview Questions

• Questions of house insurance, hotel room coverage, what it entails, what needs to happen to get the hotel coverage, how much it's worth, what's covered under the house insurance, the list of handymen who will come fix whatever is broken under the insurance, way too much stuff to memorize in 20 minutes...   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

First you have to do an phone interview which lasts about 15 minutes. Then you have to take a test if you past you will meet with an hurting manager. Once the hiring ask you plenty of
    Questions you move forward to role play.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Stafford, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Friday, February 3rd online. I was called on Monday to schedule a phone interview that I scheduled the next day. After having the phone interview Tuesday morning I was invited to come in for a face to face which I scheduled for Wednesday morning, the following day. The phone interview is very simple to pass if you express genuine interest, are professional, flexible in your schedule, and have a good answer for why you want to work for GEICO. I was scheduled to come in at 7:45 on February 8th. I arrived at 7:20 and waited until they opened the lobby I was supposed to go to at 7:30. Me and two other gentlemen took the computer assessment test shortly thereafter. That took about twenty minutes. It was a multitasking test followed by typing test that is fairly easy to pass as long as you don't let yourself get frustrated. After that a lady came in and had us watch a 15 minute video about what it's like working for all the departments in GEICO. When the video was finished we were returned to the small lobby to wait. After about twenty minutes, a woman came and grabbed one of the gentlemen that was interveiwing with me. Then immediately after another woman came and called me back. I was polite and friendly and tried to make small talk on the way to her office, and she was very nice and reciprocated. Once we got in her office she gave me a behavioural interview. Which was asking how I solved a problem, or handled certain situations in previous jobs. This can throw people off if they aren't familiar with behavioural questions so look them up and come up with answers so you will be ready. I prepared so I answered all her questions very smoothly. After that portion she asked me if I needed to be anywhere or if I wanted to take a break. I said no thank you and I was ready to move on. Since I was referred by someone she assumed I knew I had to role-play during the hiring process and I told I was aware, yes. So we immediately went down the hall to a room with a telephone and some paperwork. She told me this portion would take about an hour and a half and I would act like a claims agent for a fake company. I was given 25 minutes to read the manual given to gain some knowledge of my position and look through the papers. After that the simulation started and she called me three times with three different customer scenarios. She would also drop in the room and deliver paperwork to me that was apart of the simulation. All the while admist the phone calls you are expected to fill out proper reports and paperwork concerning the phone calls...and look through your papers to answer the customers questions...because you won't know off your head. After the simulation was done she called me on the phone and told me the role playing was over and had some follow up questions. After that she came in the room, collected the paper work and asked me to wait once again in the small lobby while she reveiwed it. After about 25 minutes she called me back and said everything looked great and that I definitely passed the role play. Which relieved me because I didn't complete the paperwork but handled myself pretty well on the phone for someone with no experience. They obviously don't expect you to be perfect but you can't be horrible either. Average I think will get you through that stage. She once again asked if I needed to be anywhere or needed a break. I once again said no thank you and she told me I would be shown the claims department and watch someone on the job. I was told by numerous people if you get to this portion you pretty much got it. But I didn't get full of myself and still acted very interested and professional the whole time. So I returned to the small lobby to wait. About 10 minutes later a hiring manager escorted me upstairs to the claims department. He showed me around a little and found someone who was willing to have me sit with them and watch them do their job. I sat with this nice girl who did her job very well and listened to her calls for about 45 minutes to an hour. After that a different hiring manager took me back and gave another interview. These questions where a little more about past experiences, if I still thought I would be a good fit after seeing what it was like, and easing concerns that he may have about me not having experience. I was prepared so I answered these pretty well too. He started telling me more about the job, the salary, benefits, etc. That interview was about 30 minutes...then he said he would offer me the job! He took me back downstairs to the small lobby where I spent about 30 minutes filling out paperwork as well as online paperwork. After that I went and took my picture so my badge would be ready the day I started...then I was sent to an urgent care nearby to take a hair follicle test. So even though the process is long...if you're prepared and the job is for you...you will most likely get it.

Interview Questions

• One thing we are generally concerned with is people coming from jobs were they are mobile and moving around. Here, you are at a desk 8 hours a day on the phone. Why shouldn't I be concerned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want to get the job. Do your homework, and make sure you actually want to work there. I went on YouTube and watched a few hours of interviews situations and had all my answers ready before I went in. I also saw other situations on Glass door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I recently applied to Geico the process was fairly easy online. You then get an email to set up your phone interview. Which I set for a day where I had no distractions. I believe the recruiters are very rude and need training on how to deal with people. It is ridiculous that they have these people that although they ask acceptable questions their attitudes are very disgusting. Its like they don't want to be bothered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to influence someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question