GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX).

Interview

Applied online, next day received an email to schedule phone interview. Phone interview was simple, only lasted about 15 minutes. Then scheduled in person interview which consisted of computer skills and multitasking test, then interview, and finally the role play. After that I was scheduled to come back and shadow the job and interview with the hiring manager of the department. If at any point they tell you thank you, we will be in contact soon...you are probably screwed. Received and accepted offer on the spot. Be prepared for hair follicle drug test and extensive background check.

Interview Questions

• Have I applied to any other jobs; why or why not.   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online.
    Contacted about a month later by a recruiter who set up a time for a phone screening and asked for a copy of transcripts.
    Screening involved overview of position and basic situational questions

Interview was basic and recruiter was very friendly

I followed up with 3 emails and never heard anything back

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2015.

Interview

After submitting your application online, you will contacted for a telephone interview. If the telephone interview goes well, you'll be asked to come in for a test. It's a typing test and a test to make sure you can multi-task. Don't freak out about it, they explain not even current workers can keep up completely. If you get called back into an office, chances are you didn't pass. After this will be a face-to-face interview, followed by the roleplay session.

The roleplay session was the hardest, partly because they give you so much information to know, and partly because it's hard to take it seriously when someone behind you is going "ring ring!" and talking in a bad non-english speaking accent.

I haven't gone past that, so I don't know what they do after that.

Interview Questions

• What is a situation at your job where you had to make decisions?   Answer Question
    • Why should we hire you?   Answer Question
    • Imagine a situation where you were dealing with an irate customer. How would you handle them?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2014.

Interview

Phone interview, typing test, interview, then phone call scenario with 3 pretend clients, then a job shadow, and a manager interview. It's a whole day process once you get the interview. If they don't tell you you got it at the manager interview then you didn't get it

Interview Questions

• Explain when you went over and beyond   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

First, I did a phone interview. This was very simple. covering questions like strengths and weaknesses, questions about your resume, why you want to work at GEICO, and what you know about the company. I passed that. The next step was the 2nd interview where you go into the office take a multitasking test. You should just concentrate on accuracy in this test. Next you take another kid of role playing computer based test. If you pass all of these tests, you are then called into the manager's office to have another face to face interview in which the managers gets very in-depth and you are asked many situational questions. After this I was told to wait a little while. Finally, the manager came out again and told me that he would forward my info to the head managers in HR and I would deb contacted for the next step in the interview process in 3-5 days. 5 days later I received an email that I would not go further in the process. I really didn't understand why. I felt that I had done great with everything.

Interview Questions

• When did you have to deal with an issue at work and how did you resolve it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Renton, WA) in March 2015.

Interview

Applied Online. Then was called in for an interview. First part was a skills test and after that, I went in to speak to the recruiter person. I was asked a few questions, and after that, was told I'd hear back from the Hiring Manager. Pretty much at that point, and from what I'd read on Glassdoor, if they say that, you didn't get the job, which I didn't.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult situation at work, how did you deal with it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2010.

Interview

Was contacted by Geico on 6/10/2010 by email for employment, submitted information and was automatically contacted back by email letting me know I would be contacted back in about 5 days,but they end up contacting me the very next day by phone and did a 15 mintue phone interview and asked me to come out the following Monday for in the face interview.Got there front reception was nice and helpful and directed me to testing site.We were all asked to fill out short questionaire and look over application information,and then we were asked to go to computers for typing test and simulation calls.The test proceeded to throw calls out and we were to figure out what department to connect call to and there were tabs to the side with name,policy nu and or state caller was callling from or either area code of policy holders phone number,but anyways during the fake calls the caller would make mention of hes or her name in the beginning and we were to key it in on name tab but next would make mention of their state way in the beginning of the call but there was no tab for that on the first pg.And by the time you made it to the other pg you have already forgotten the state when you did make it to the tab.The test was terrible,the typing part was'nt fair either or properly setup.They ask on their application if you have experience in the insurance field and if not you wont be ruled out.The testing is ridiculous and there is no warm up or no time to at least do your practice tests.Anyone else know of these messed up ways that they do things in their hiring process.If you going to be trained 15 wks. then whats the point of outrageous testing and if there is anyone out there can give any advice.I will probably apply again in six months but I dont know.

Interview Questions

• During phoine interview I was asked why was there a gap between jobs.But I have only been unemployed 2 months.   1 Answer
    • They asked what was my interest in wanting to work for this company.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in September 2011.

Interview

she only asked me did I have a problem with commuting, had I ever missed any days at work, or was I ever late and my answer was no to all. received an email next morning...no offer and not to call and ask why!

Interview Questions

• did I mind commuting from suffolk to virginia beach?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Getzville, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Getzville, NY) in December 2011.

Interview

They asked a lot of questions (typical education and job history background questions), asked about why I wanted to work for GEICO, why I applied for the claims position etc. You need to be very specific with past job dates and any employment gaps must have a valid reason. They will ask how many times you were late to work or called in. The interview was going great.....UNTIL the interviewer tried to persuade me to apply to a different position. It was MUCH less pay but he said that I could advance quickly. When I said that I appreciated him giving me the information, but preferred to be considered for the job I had actually applied for he became very short in his responses and rushed me off the phone saying he'll have to just forward my information to the claims department and hopefully they'll be interested and call me and ended the conversation. No call, email a few days later saying they didn't wish to continue the hiring process. Seemed shady to me.

Interview Questions

• How often are you late to work at your current job?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through other source. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

an interview, computer and typing test.

Negotiation

none, they have a starting pay and that's it. you can't negotiate what they will pay.