GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 21, 2018

3.3

70 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

Did the app online got an email a week or so later simce it was around the holidays saying to select a skills testing day and time. The computer test is done as a group. Once done, as others advised via glassdoor they do pull the ones who wont be moving forward out first, then if you did pass you meet with a recruiter. After that they advise you to either look for an email with a day for ohone interview or a denial.

Interview Questions

• Why do you think you're a good candidate for this position?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in December 2017.

Interview

The interview is a 4 step process: preliminary computer simulation, (if you pass the simulation then you advance) face to face interview, followed by a second simulation (where they give you 25 minutes to learn a 12 page packet of procedures, and uses of different forms, and then you receive a series of phone calls and have to figure out what the heck you have to do), the second simulation lasts about an hour, so be prepared to spend HOURS there. Finally, after the second simulation, you have a second interview via phone, after which you are finished. Overall, over the top, and exaggerated process, in my opinion. Those people can suck it!!

Interview Questions

• Describe a situation where you had the power to make decisions in a place of work. What decision did you make and why?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work for Geico?   Answer Question
    • Why should Geico pick you?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I interviewed at GEICO in November 2017.

Interview

Everything went well until I had to do the role play. I don't understand the point of having an extensive training if you won't get the job because you don't know how to answer role play questions. I would have liked a little guidance, but received none. The recruiter was nice though.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through an employee referral. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in November 2017.

Interview

This was my second interview with Geico. Not sure what they are looking for. Passed all tests, know employees that work there. Have college degree with business minor and customer service experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you handle a customer that was upset and what is a personal trait that you feel you need to improve?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online, than got a email. It took about week.Test was easy, just to see how you can catch up with fast paced environment.The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assesments they have you complete.

Interview Questions

• I passed a test, interview was around 20 minutes. Lady was just too pushy.She did not let me speak. It got me stressing   1 Answer

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email next day scheduling for a phone interview.
    Was a pretty basic one like I read others had on here; one question was a pain.
    If you really want to work here LIE ABOUT YOUR ATTENDANCE. I was asked about my attendance for the last 12 months at my current job and I let them know how it was, in between being sick for a month with Gastroenteritis/Colitis and car troubles with my girlfriend, (I said about 7 absences, was really more) I was shocked to find out that even 7 is considered too much.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

I was asked a few questions about my previous work experience, and was told the job description. Moved to the 2 step of hiring process for an in-person interview but was unable to attend due to Hurrican Harvey,

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

Multiple interviews and tests on multiple days. They make you wait hours to talk to someone only to be asked ridiculous questions. Really just a waste of time. Everyone there looks miserable. The girl I observed told me how much she hates working for Geico.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

The interview process is beyond annoying and tedious. Its 3 parts to it. Geico must think they are the end all be all for a job. Not considering they have a high turn over rate, Its a call center so its usually like that. The first part is a assessment on the computer to give u a feel of what you would be doing , If you pass that the next part is the actual interview where they just ask you questions and they type your response. Its so impersonal to me. and the last part is like a simulation test to where they sit u in a room and calls come through. It was annoying to me , Its like they are going to train you anyways, if you got call center experience which I do than I understand how a call center works.

Interview Questions

• Name a situation where you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you resolve it?
      A lot of other situational questions and what would you do   Answer Question
    • Are you applying to any other jobs and what are they?   Answer Question
    • why did you choose Geico   Answer Question