GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Representative Interview Questions

Updated Jun 8, 2017

3.4

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in April 2017.

Interview

The process was very easy to me. I passed the typing/multi-tasking portion then moved on to the face to face interview. After passing that I moved along to the role playing portion of the interview which was the easiest part for me. Finally I was taken upstairs to shadow a current employee where afterwards I was interview by the hiring supervisor. My advice is to be yourself and be interested in the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Very long. They stress the importance of being on time which is reasonable and they advise you that the interview process can take 6 hours. Even if you stay the 6 hours, there is no guarantee you got the job. You end up being just a piece of paper to them, even if they give you positive remarks I wouldn't take it seriously or get your hopes up.

Interview Questions

• Discuss a moment of hardship and how you got through it   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

First you have to do an phone interview which lasts about 15 minutes. Then you have to take a test if you past you will meet with an hurting manager. Once the hiring ask you plenty of
    Questions you move forward to role play.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Stafford, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Stafford, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Applied on Friday, February 3rd online. I was called on Monday to schedule a phone interview that I scheduled the next day. After having the phone interview Tuesday morning I was invited to come in for a face to face which I scheduled for Wednesday morning, the following day. The phone interview is very simple to pass if you express genuine interest, are professional, flexible in your schedule, and have a good answer for why you want to work for GEICO. I was scheduled to come in at 7:45 on February 8th. I arrived at 7:20 and waited until they opened the lobby I was supposed to go to at 7:30. Me and two other gentlemen took the computer assessment test shortly thereafter. That took about twenty minutes. It was a multitasking test followed by typing test that is fairly easy to pass as long as you don't let yourself get frustrated. After that a lady came in and had us watch a 15 minute video about what it's like working for all the departments in GEICO. When the video was finished we were returned to the small lobby to wait. After about twenty minutes, a woman came and grabbed one of the gentlemen that was interveiwing with me. Then immediately after another woman came and called me back. I was polite and friendly and tried to make small talk on the way to her office, and she was very nice and reciprocated. Once we got in her office she gave me a behavioural interview. Which was asking how I solved a problem, or handled certain situations in previous jobs. This can throw people off if they aren't familiar with behavioural questions so look them up and come up with answers so you will be ready. I prepared so I answered all her questions very smoothly. After that portion she asked me if I needed to be anywhere or if I wanted to take a break. I said no thank you and I was ready to move on. Since I was referred by someone she assumed I knew I had to role-play during the hiring process and I told I was aware, yes. So we immediately went down the hall to a room with a telephone and some paperwork. She told me this portion would take about an hour and a half and I would act like a claims agent for a fake company. I was given 25 minutes to read the manual given to gain some knowledge of my position and look through the papers. After that the simulation started and she called me three times with three different customer scenarios. She would also drop in the room and deliver paperwork to me that was apart of the simulation. All the while admist the phone calls you are expected to fill out proper reports and paperwork concerning the phone calls...and look through your papers to answer the customers questions...because you won't know off your head. After the simulation was done she called me on the phone and told me the role playing was over and had some follow up questions. After that she came in the room, collected the paper work and asked me to wait once again in the small lobby while she reveiwed it. After about 25 minutes she called me back and said everything looked great and that I definitely passed the role play. Which relieved me because I didn't complete the paperwork but handled myself pretty well on the phone for someone with no experience. They obviously don't expect you to be perfect but you can't be horrible either. Average I think will get you through that stage. She once again asked if I needed to be anywhere or needed a break. I once again said no thank you and she told me I would be shown the claims department and watch someone on the job. I was told by numerous people if you get to this portion you pretty much got it. But I didn't get full of myself and still acted very interested and professional the whole time. So I returned to the small lobby to wait. About 10 minutes later a hiring manager escorted me upstairs to the claims department. He showed me around a little and found someone who was willing to have me sit with them and watch them do their job. I sat with this nice girl who did her job very well and listened to her calls for about 45 minutes to an hour. After that a different hiring manager took me back and gave another interview. These questions where a little more about past experiences, if I still thought I would be a good fit after seeing what it was like, and easing concerns that he may have about me not having experience. I was prepared so I answered these pretty well too. He started telling me more about the job, the salary, benefits, etc. That interview was about 30 minutes...then he said he would offer me the job! He took me back downstairs to the small lobby where I spent about 30 minutes filling out paperwork as well as online paperwork. After that I went and took my picture so my badge would be ready the day I started...then I was sent to an urgent care nearby to take a hair follicle test. So even though the process is long...if you're prepared and the job is for you...you will most likely get it.

Interview Questions

• One thing we are generally concerned with is people coming from jobs were they are mobile and moving around. Here, you are at a desk 8 hours a day on the phone. Why shouldn't I be concerned?   1 Answer

Negotiation

If you want to get the job. Do your homework, and make sure you actually want to work there. I went on YouTube and watched a few hours of interviews situations and had all my answers ready before I went in. I also saw other situations on Glass door.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

I recently applied to Geico the process was fairly easy online. You then get an email to set up your phone interview. Which I set for a day where I had no distractions. I believe the recruiters are very rude and need training on how to deal with people. It is ridiculous that they have these people that although they ask acceptable questions their attitudes are very disgusting. Its like they don't want to be bothered.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had to influence someone and how did you do it?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

If you make it all the way to end, then my friend, you are a strong candidate or just got really lucky. The interview process seems more like an act really and as long as you read your script right and say things they want to hear then pass all of the requirements (Background Check, Drug Test, and Credit Check) then you're good as this job is Entry-Level and consistently hiring. Although, my experience wasn't bad as I read all of the reviews upon coming and was prepared to be challenged and not have much hope to get the job. After my phone interview filled with various questions of my previous employers, I was invited for testing, went in 2 days later and passed the test. Don't get too happy, it's just to move on to an actual interview if you do. The test is fairly easy if you ask me as a college grad. It is common sense and they're not looking for you to fulfill all of the questions, they're more concerned with accuracy and correct ones. Therefore please read carefully the instructions and don't get frustrated because the test is ment to get you like that. Stay under pressure and focus on answering as most questions correctly as you can. Anyways, after that if you pass you get to meet with HR. For the most part, just same thing like on the phone but in person this time with the questions regarding your previous employers and more in depth questions regarding how you handle certain situations and scenarios from your previous employers. They are typing all of your reponses as you speak, pretty much just a script for the Manager to read and see if he likes what you said. After that she said to expect a call within 2-4 business days, and I will know if yes or no regardless. I already knew after that I didn't get the job because I read how usually everything happens all in one day, and if HR likes you, you move on to role play. Very rare cases if the manager isn't available, they set you up for another day for the second part of the process. Therefore, if you get the "We'll call back or email if we decide to move forward" thing from HR, then you can probably forget everything. Although, recruiters work there too and make a living, so Geico needs to constantly hire people, so it makes sense they are extremely picky with their candidates. Although, from the reviews it seems many people get too excited before coming here and leave disappointed. Study hard hard hard your answers because they really just care about what you have to say, like I said, it's all a script. If you act it well, you'll get the job. Ironically, I mean they do make you read a script for role play as part of the process. Good Luck!

Interview Questions

• What was one time you handled a difficult situation with a customer? (BASIC)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in March 2017.

Interview

The worst interview ever. Once I arrived for my f2f interview in Woodbury NY. I had to do an assessment. Very easy typing skills etc. I passed that. My interview was at 10am they didn't see me until 12pm. Very inconsiderate. I had my husband and baby waiting for me in the car. The whole interview took 5 1/2 hours and I still didn't get the job despite being qualified. I now work for a top corporate company as an HR director, but didn't qualify for geico call center which pays 30K less than what I'm making now. GEICO INTERVIEW system is a joke. As well as they don't call you or email you to let you know if you got the job or not.

Interview Questions

• tell me a time when you did something wrong on your job and received criticism from your supervisor. how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in February 2017.

Interview

the interview was not that hard and the interviewer was nice. The interview basically just went over my resume and ask me some basic questions. But I did not like night shift so I gave up.

Claims Representative Interview

Interview

Quick phone interview asking about your previous work experience , education, overview of position. If they like you , you're invited to come in person for testing . Both typing and multitasking skills . If passed, invited to come in another day for interview . Lots of behavioral questions and scenario (claims related, so should have an idea how claims work). If they like your answers, you move into role play . Not as bad as everyone says, speak with confidence and follow the manual . Once passed , will shadow current rep to gauge if this position is something of interest. Once over , brought in for final interview by manager and he will most likely hire you .

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Went in and did an online simulator test and I passed. I then moved on to speaking with a recruiter, I then went back to do another simulator test, after which I spoke to another recruit who said they would inform me of the next steps. I was looking forward to working with Geico especially because I just graduated but unfortunately I was declined the position.

Interview Questions

• Explain in detail a time you had a difficult customer?   Answer Question