GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I got a phone call and an interview over the phone after I initially applied online.
The phone interview was quick and there was a 'dry' feel to it as well. I did pass and went ahead to set up a computer test and a physical interview.
The computer test was easy, very confusing for someone who does not have prior experience in using that interface but it still was understandable, followed by a typing test.
After giving the tests I was a bit skeptical but the person who was to take my interview came out and told me that I passed and now we'll move on with the interview.
The interview itself was very long and thorough, I could tell that the the interviewer liked me as he gave me props for a couple of answers and kept on running out of places because of my long detailed answers.
After we were done he gave me a sense of assurance that I nailed it, while walking back to the front desk lobby he showed me around and told me what goes on around, the arrangement of the office and about the workers.
After that he said he'll be right back after talking to his hiring manager.
He came back with a very weird and confused look on his face and told me that I will get a response within a couple days via email. It was like I could read from his face that his manager told him something different than what he wanted. I told him that I know what that means, I thanked him and left.
Got an email telling me I'm not selected.
It was disappointing for having such an amazing interview and then seeing the same person kind of put off as well.

Interview Questions

• How often you look forward to promotions?
    Can you work under a list of bosses?
    Tell us about a situation questions.
    Customer situation questions.
    Crew member questions.
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in February 2017.

Interview

I applied online and got an invitation for phone interview. Passed that. Scheduled to come in for the computer test, passed that. Sat in with someone in the dept to observe. Passed the behavioral interview. Met with the department supervisor. Passed that. Went to the role play. It was very easy. (Idk why everyone complains) now I'm very qualified for this entry level position but I was told I'm not qualified and to reapply in 6 months. The staff in the office were all hideous overweight women who were rude to me. Very little eye contact and if you did catch them looking at you they rolled their eyes making you feel bad.

I believe I am being discriminated against. This has happened to me before in other interviews where I am qualified but over weight HR staff are jealous or something and turn me down. I'm sorry this can't be in my head.

I am an attractive female, I dress to impress, and am professional and arrive looking sharp and not a hair out of place. I was taught first impressions are important.

However disgusting women and men were hired in the lobby right in front of me. "Congratulations!!!" I heard several times. Hmm I'm beginning to think I should also arrive to interviews looking like a slob with no makeup on. Wet hair. Wrinkled suit or even better no suit at all! Disgraceful. I deserve a chance just as anyone. And no I'm not cocky.

This has been a problem for me and it's disgusting. This is why I choose to have few female friends because ladies are jealous miserable people and they let this affect their work.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 6+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in February 2017.

Interview

I submitted my application online, completed questionnaire, received an email to schedule phone interview, after phone interview invited to testing (typing and multi tasking skills), interview (1on1, and simulation (role play).
    I was invited to come back and shadow the call center and meet with hiring manager.
     I was offered the position the same day!
    I was then placed in s room where the recurtier took my badge picture, completed the necessary paper for backgroud check, and signed for offer.

Immediately after...drug test (hair) at an urgent care.

Testing, Interview, and Role Play can be stressful and difficult.

Do your best and remain calm!!

Interview Questions

• Name a time when questions..... ?
      How do you overcome difficult situations?
      Why GEICO?
      What do you know about the position?
      Name three responsibilities on your last position?
      why would select GEICO over another company or another company over GEICO?
      Have you with applied to any other Companies?
      Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiations.
    GEICO is flexible with start date for training.

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first then I passed the first assessment and role play. Met with the hiring manager at the end and was offered the job. You have to get through hair drug test, credit check, and FULL background check. My dates were wrong for one previous employer and i tried to let them know that, still took back the job offer. Never applying again, you have to be a PERFECT PATTY to get in

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it? Why Geico? Have you applied anywhere else? What do you know about Insurance?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was a gritty 20 minute chat on the phone with an Human Resources agent. After a while it got easier, explaining to me the hours of the job and that they are open 365 days a year.

Interview Questions

• What other positions have you been applying to?   1 Answer

Claim Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an assessment and was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for 2:00p.m. the following day and was staring at the phone when the call came through and the interviewer sent himself to voicemail and left a message to reschedule.

I genuinely panicked for a moment, I thought "O God, they rejected me before we could speak and are going to do it by voicemail." It felt like prom all over again.

I rescheduled for a time the following day. ..this was the shortest interview I have ever had/seen/heard of/ imagined. Literally 5 minutes, 34 seconds.

I was told about the shift times, pay rates, attendance expectations etc. The only question I was really asked was about attendance (I answered honestly, I may have been late maybe 1 time and may have been absent maybe 1 time) and if I had any questions. I asked about the interviewers opinion of the most difficult aspect of the position and was given what I felt was an honest answer. "There's a lot of noise, if you can get past that you'll be fine."

I was told I'd be contacted within 5 days to set up the next steps.

I'd like to say that I'm so amazing that the HR rep called me already knowing that she wanted to hire me so she didn't waste any time with a real pre-screen interview but I don't think I got this.

It's a little depressing. . I mean, it's so easy a cave man could do it...yet I could not. Too bad we could've been so good together :(

Interview Questions

• Do all of these amazing benefits and scenarios sound attractive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday. I then completed their personality test and was selected for the phone interview which took place on the next Monday. I passed the phone interview which only took 5-10 mins at that and was asked to come in the next day for the testing.

I arrived at Geico at 830am for a 9am appointment. There were initially 4 of us. I did the 2 typing tests and the multitasking assessments. The HR rep came in and pulled on person out after we were all done and he came back in and said we all passed and that we would be interviewing with HR. I ended up interviewing with the same person who did the phone interview. After passing the interviewing I did the role play. It was a little overwhelming but I passed. By this time it was after 12 noon. I was told I could come back at 215pm for the side by side and then interview or come back. I told them I would be back at 215pm to finish it up.

After returning at 215pm, I did the side by side for an hour. The CSR manager came and got me and I went into his office for more role playing. He explained the position, salary, start date, etc....and specifically asked me if I was ok with these and I said yes. He did ask me about my current job and if I had applied for anything. I said no that there wasn't anything available.

He then left the office and shut the door. He said he was going to go speak with his other managers and director. He came back and we stopped by the desk I was doing the side by side at and then he showed me out. By this time it was 430pm and I had spent the whole day with no decision. HR was already closed for the day so I don't if they offer the position in the office or they wait until you get back to HR. On the walk out the door, he asked me what my hours were at my current job and they would be the same hours as the training. He did run into the HR lady on the way out and that he would leave my file on their desk.

After spending close to 8 hours and going through the whole process, nothing was said about a job offer. I'm taking this as the kiss of death unless they offer you the position in HR. He was asking if all the arrangements were going to be ok and I had no issue with the start date, pay, hours, etc....so I was thinking I would be offered the job but nothing was said.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process for GEICO is not for those who don't want to bad enough. You first apply online and take the personality assessment. If you pass and GEICO is hiring for the position, then you will receive in email regarding on-site testing. If you pass the on-site tests that are computer simulated, then you will meet with your assigned recruiter. The recruiter is then responsible for deciding if they would like to give you a phone interview and will call you at a later date to pick out a time. Later on, if you have passed the phone interview, then recruiter will set up a time for you to come back to GEICO for another simulation. This simulation is in person, and you will be tested on your ability to serve customers over the phone in different scenarios. If you then pass this you will be asked to observe an associate on the floor and meet with a member of management. This member of management will be the one to decide if you are hired or not. If hired, you will have go get hair follicle drug test done within 72 hours which is paid for by GEICO.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

Received a call the next day to do over the phone interview. Accepted and was told the position I was inquiring about was filled up. Was told of a possible future date for my position so I agreed to meet in person with testing. Waited nearly 20 mins before myself and another began computer testing. After watched video for 15 mins. Was told to wait once again in waiting area. The other was called in 1 st. She and I had been chatting it up for some time so when she was called in we both wished each other luck. She came out less than 5 mins later looking down didn't say 1 word to me and just left without even putting her coat on! I waited nearly 30 mins before I was called. Took 45 mins to do questions and roll play. Although they have your resume, the company will still ask what you did between this time and this time. Now I know I answered those questions fairly if not well. I worked customer service 6 yrs in one company and due to the hubby being active military we moved a lot. I felt that was going to be a problem because they asked me if we were going to move again and I said No. We are here to stay which is true. The hubby is retired now. Still, I was asked how much time did I have today to offer them and I answered, I'm here for as long as you need me! I waited for another 10 mins I believe when I was called back in was given an apology for the wait and verified my email address and number. I knew that was it. I was told I passed the test and either a phone call or email would be the next step if I were a good match for the job. Was told if I was rejected I had to wait 6 months before I could reapply. Left and knew that was it for me I wasn't getting that job position and left the building knowing I did the best I knew how. Woke up the next day and turned on my cell to check my inbox knowing that their rejection email would be there and sure enough, there it was. I read in another review that Geico doesn't like gaps in employment. I do believe that was my downfall. I also don't believe that no business should dismiss a military wife who has helped to serve our country and had to place their career at times on hold for the cause. Unfortunately it happens more times than not. Military wives active and getting back in the work force should be very strongly considered. If you have a strong communications background like I do and I'm sure a lot do! 10 mins isn't enough time to look over something and regardless of passing the computer tests I was still rejected. As for the girl that I was speaking with throughout the entire process I don't know why she left so quickly within 5 mins and tore out of there right by me and didn't look up or say, bye. All in all the it wasn't a bad experience but the in between long waits can get your mind going a bit stir crazy. As for dressing up like I was told. I saw a lot of people dressing down. Jeans, street sneakers, hair undone and unpolished. Even the videos show people in them looking just like that. I bring this up because I asked about dress code during the over the phone interview and I was told that you must dress up! No jeans, sneakers etc. I didn't see that.

Interview Questions

• What did you do between this time and this time when you weren't working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position on November 11, 2016. I got an email the next day that Geico was interested in scheduling me for an interview, so you are required to schedule a phone interview if you want to take further action in the process. On the day of my phone interview, he asked me several questions and confirmed all of my information. He then invited me to come take some test and role play. Afterwards, they sent me an email stating the information for my testing appointment and what to bring. On the day of the testing appointment, you take a test for about 20 minutes. 15 minutes of stimulations and online exercises of an idea of how the work pace and setting will be like. The other 5 minutes will be a typing test that you aren't expected to complete but to do your very best! Afterwards, you will sit down for 30 minutes to talk to a hiring manager about you and why you chose the position at Geico. Then, you will role play your position for 30 minutes, which can become very hectic and lots of pressure. Overall, the interview process was at ease and the staff was friendly!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped a customer that was frustrated or confused.   1 Answer