GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated Mar 12, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA).

Interview

Longest interview process! Phone interview, Testing (typing and simulation with information) and In-person interview. The last part consisted of interviewing with 2 HR representative, sitting with a current employee to observe, and finally the manager. I recall the in-person interview lasting about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Geico?
    How would you handle a difficult/angry customer?
    Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long. The first step is you take an assessment. This will determine if you move forward or not. It is made up of a simulator of taking calls as if you were actually doing the job and then there is a typing test. The second part is the interview and they has a series of behavioral questions and situational questions .The third part is the role play. They give you about 25 minutes to look over the material and then they will start calling and you have to pretend as if you were actually in the position. The next part is sitting with an associate to see if you actually like the job and want to move forward based on what you see. The last part is with the hiring manager and from here they will tell you if you are hired. Not a hard process just be prepared with great questions and answers

Interview Questions

• Q: What other jobs are you applying to be sides Geico.   2 Answers

Claim Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The 1st part of the interview is the computer test which is unrealistic with the amount of junk they expect you to remember. If you fail the computer test then you do not make it to the second part of the interview process. Overall it was a complete waste of time to me.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There is a lot of information on Glassdoor for Geico and they are ALL right, it's several processes.

1. Brief phone interview-how many days have you missed at current job, why do you want to work for Geico, have your resume in front of you, be concise, polite, remember the position you're applying for is a call center environment--be clear when speaking. This should be easy. If you don't get an appointment time during this call for in-person interview, you've failed.

2. Computer testing-2 parts, 1 is a typing test the other is data entry/listening. I thought it was easy but I was the only that passed in my group of 5. The people who get called out first, failed.

3. Recruiter Interview-THIS IS NOT A HIRING MANAGER, I think this was my mistake---she was a NOTE TAKER, so it isn't about how well you do, or present yourself, or answer your questions--it might be how well she takes notes!!! I STUDIED hard, but my questions weren't concise enough.

They're mainly all behavioral questions, it might take you a minute or two to explain--they're not going to be able to write all of that down and supposedly has a higher up look it over.

**Another thing, I brought 2 copies of my resume (she didn't want one) and some notes for reference and of course questions to ask after interview. I only glanced at them about 4x in an HOUR interview but SHE DIDN'T LIKE IT. She commented in the beginning that, "Oh, so you're not going to know what you're going to say."

I had told her, "Not at all, just for reference, I've been interviewing and I know you're going to be very specific about certain instances I've encountered at work."

I think I screwed it up despite the interview really flowing well with her. Use the STAR METHOD, keep your answer concise--remember she's writing. Speak clearly as possible, be polite.

She walked out for 10 minutes, came back and I got the kiss of death, "We'll be in touch if interested." She even went as far to say, "You're the only that passed the computer test so we'll end here today."

She didn't need to go to that level, I knew I didn't get the job.

***IF YOU DO NOT GO THROUGH ENTIRE PROCESS/GET THE JOB OFFER THE SAME DAY IN KATY/HOUSTON LOCATION, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE JOB. You will get rejection letter by email within 2-5 days.

I should have done the role-playing, then walked the call center floor, then listened to calls, THEN had ANOTHER interview with an ACTUAL HR manager THEN JOB OFFER.

They give you, "We'll be in touch.." kiss of death, did not get it, must wait 6 months to reapply. Drill yourself, study, USE THE STAR method to answer, don't bring in any notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Geico? Have you applied anywhere else? What can Geico do so you can turn-down offer in case other company reaches out to you? Tell me a time when you've helped an upset customer? Tell me a time when you couldn't help a customer? Tell me a time you've done outstanding customer service? Why did you leave/want to leave current job (they will ask about every job on your resume)? Why do you want to work in insurance? They will tell you, this position requires testing--do you have any anxiety about that? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I first received an invitation for a basic phone interview. Later i was scheduled to go into testing. The testing was job related tasks specifically multi tasking. After i succesfully completed testing i had an interview with the head Manager asked me a couple basic questions and then made me an offer.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you were not able to satisfy a client. Why?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

I applied online in mid-October and next day was emailed for a phone interview. In the phone interview the only thing that could disqualify you this early is when they ask about attendance the rest is outlining the job(20-30 minutes). After I went in for a multi-task/typing test, this isn't hard either if you process things quickly you'll pass(45 minutes). Then the F2F with the HR Rep where they ask behavior & hypothetical questions most are customer service related(1-2hours). We began the role-play portion after; which if you're apologetic and use the information given you'll get by fine(30 minutes). I was asked to come back the next day to finish the interview. The shadowing part is super easy just listen and ask questions(45 minutes). Lastly you'll interview with the hiring manager. Now even if you've done everything right with flying colors, if they don't think you're a right fit they will not hire you. They caught me off guard with another role-play which I bombed, but I was able to recover and got hired. It really will come down to if they like you or not.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time were you couldn't help out a customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Renton, WA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Renton, WA) in October 2016.

Interview

First they have you do a phone interview, after that they set up a date to have an interview. They do the full interview all in one day so it's nice that you don't have to keep coming back, however eat your breakfast first and maybe a granola bar because it can be lengthy. They run you through a couple tests with computers, job shadowing and role plays to make sure that you are the perfect fit.

Interview Questions

• Just the basics, why do you want to work here? How do you see yourself benefitting the company? etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

It took about 6-7 hours. i started with a typing test and a multi task test, then the face to face interview, then role playing, the then shadowing agent and final interview with hiring manager. It was a veey long process but I made it through.

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview. My phone interview only lasted 4 minutes because the interviewer asked me how many days I missed in 12 months from my previous employer and when I said how many, she quickly said that's all I need to know at the moment and said I would get a call or email back. I knew then that I wasn't moving on to the next step. I wish companies would give you a chance to explain why you missed those days from work in stead of just assuming that you're going to be a person who has bad attendance. I've heard good things about Geico, but for this reason I will have to give Geico a thumbs down and say that they're quite possibly missing out on having great employees just because you won't take the time to get all the facts about a person's situation at that time.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear or find out about the company?   Answer Question
    • If we call your previous employer, how many unplanned absences will they say you had in a 12 month period?   Answer Question
    • What do you think is the only time you should ever miss work?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Online app, phone interview, testing, face to face interview, role play, shadow employee, manager interview! Be yourself and shine, they are looking for people who are polite and eager to do the job.