GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 26, 2017

3.3

155 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview first then I passed the first assessment and role play. Met with the hiring manager at the end and was offered the job. You have to get through hair drug test, credit check, and FULL background check. My dates were wrong for one previous employer and i tried to let them know that, still took back the job offer. Never applying again, you have to be a PERFECT PATTY to get in

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you've had to deal with an upset customer and how did you handle it? Why Geico? Have you applied anywhere else? What do you know about Insurance?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Claim Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, took an assessment and was contacted via e-mail to schedule a phone interview. I scheduled the interview for 2:00p.m. the following day and was staring at the phone when the call came through and the interviewer sent himself to voicemail and left a message to reschedule.

I genuinely panicked for a moment, I thought "O God, they rejected me before we could speak and are going to do it by voicemail." It felt like prom all over again.

I rescheduled for a time the following day. ..this was the shortest interview I have ever had/seen/heard of/ imagined. Literally 5 minutes, 34 seconds.

I was told about the shift times, pay rates, attendance expectations etc. The only question I was really asked was about attendance (I answered honestly, I may have been late maybe 1 time and may have been absent maybe 1 time) and if I had any questions. I asked about the interviewers opinion of the most difficult aspect of the position and was given what I felt was an honest answer. "There's a lot of noise, if you can get past that you'll be fine."

I was told I'd be contacted within 5 days to set up the next steps.

I'd like to say that I'm so amazing that the HR rep called me already knowing that she wanted to hire me so she didn't waste any time with a real pre-screen interview but I don't think I got this.

It's a little depressing. . I mean, it's so easy a cave man could do it...yet I could not. Too bad we could've been so good together :(

Interview Questions

• Do all of these amazing benefits and scenarios sound attractive?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

The interview process for GEICO is not for those who don't want to bad enough. You first apply online and take the personality assessment. If you pass and GEICO is hiring for the position, then you will receive in email regarding on-site testing. If you pass the on-site tests that are computer simulated, then you will meet with your assigned recruiter. The recruiter is then responsible for deciding if they would like to give you a phone interview and will call you at a later date to pick out a time. Later on, if you have passed the phone interview, then recruiter will set up a time for you to come back to GEICO for another simulation. This simulation is in person, and you will be tested on your ability to serve customers over the phone in different scenarios. If you then pass this you will be asked to observe an associate on the floor and meet with a member of management. This member of management will be the one to decide if you are hired or not. If hired, you will have go get hair follicle drug test done within 72 hours which is paid for by GEICO.

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone interview was a gritty 20 minute chat on the phone with an Human Resources agent. After a while it got easier, explaining to me the hours of the job and that they are open 365 days a year.

Interview Questions

• What other positions have you been applying to?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Thursday. I then completed their personality test and was selected for the phone interview which took place on the next Monday. I passed the phone interview which only took 5-10 mins at that and was asked to come in the next day for the testing.

I arrived at Geico at 830am for a 9am appointment. There were initially 4 of us. I did the 2 typing tests and the multitasking assessments. The HR rep came in and pulled on person out after we were all done and he came back in and said we all passed and that we would be interviewing with HR. I ended up interviewing with the same person who did the phone interview. After passing the interviewing I did the role play. It was a little overwhelming but I passed. By this time it was after 12 noon. I was told I could come back at 215pm for the side by side and then interview or come back. I told them I would be back at 215pm to finish it up.

After returning at 215pm, I did the side by side for an hour. The CSR manager came and got me and I went into his office for more role playing. He explained the position, salary, start date, etc....and specifically asked me if I was ok with these and I said yes. He did ask me about my current job and if I had applied for anything. I said no that there wasn't anything available.

He then left the office and shut the door. He said he was going to go speak with his other managers and director. He came back and we stopped by the desk I was doing the side by side at and then he showed me out. By this time it was 430pm and I had spent the whole day with no decision. HR was already closed for the day so I don't if they offer the position in the office or they wait until you get back to HR. On the walk out the door, he asked me what my hours were at my current job and they would be the same hours as the training. He did run into the HR lady on the way out and that he would leave my file on their desk.

After spending close to 8 hours and going through the whole process, nothing was said about a job offer. I'm taking this as the kiss of death unless they offer you the position in HR. He was asking if all the arrangements were going to be ok and I had no issue with the start date, pay, hours, etc....so I was thinking I would be offered the job but nothing was said.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

Received a call the next day to do over the phone interview. Accepted and was told the position I was inquiring about was filled up. Was told of a possible future date for my position so I agreed to meet in person with testing. Waited nearly 20 mins before myself and another began computer testing. After watched video for 15 mins. Was told to wait once again in waiting area. The other was called in 1 st. She and I had been chatting it up for some time so when she was called in we both wished each other luck. She came out less than 5 mins later looking down didn't say 1 word to me and just left without even putting her coat on! I waited nearly 30 mins before I was called. Took 45 mins to do questions and roll play. Although they have your resume, the company will still ask what you did between this time and this time. Now I know I answered those questions fairly if not well. I worked customer service 6 yrs in one company and due to the hubby being active military we moved a lot. I felt that was going to be a problem because they asked me if we were going to move again and I said No. We are here to stay which is true. The hubby is retired now. Still, I was asked how much time did I have today to offer them and I answered, I'm here for as long as you need me! I waited for another 10 mins I believe when I was called back in was given an apology for the wait and verified my email address and number. I knew that was it. I was told I passed the test and either a phone call or email would be the next step if I were a good match for the job. Was told if I was rejected I had to wait 6 months before I could reapply. Left and knew that was it for me I wasn't getting that job position and left the building knowing I did the best I knew how. Woke up the next day and turned on my cell to check my inbox knowing that their rejection email would be there and sure enough, there it was. I read in another review that Geico doesn't like gaps in employment. I do believe that was my downfall. I also don't believe that no business should dismiss a military wife who has helped to serve our country and had to place their career at times on hold for the cause. Unfortunately it happens more times than not. Military wives active and getting back in the work force should be very strongly considered. If you have a strong communications background like I do and I'm sure a lot do! 10 mins isn't enough time to look over something and regardless of passing the computer tests I was still rejected. As for the girl that I was speaking with throughout the entire process I don't know why she left so quickly within 5 mins and tore out of there right by me and didn't look up or say, bye. All in all the it wasn't a bad experience but the in between long waits can get your mind going a bit stir crazy. As for dressing up like I was told. I saw a lot of people dressing down. Jeans, street sneakers, hair undone and unpolished. Even the videos show people in them looking just like that. I bring this up because I asked about dress code during the over the phone interview and I was told that you must dress up! No jeans, sneakers etc. I didn't see that.

Interview Questions

• What did you do between this time and this time when you weren't working?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

I applied for this position on November 11, 2016. I got an email the next day that Geico was interested in scheduling me for an interview, so you are required to schedule a phone interview if you want to take further action in the process. On the day of my phone interview, he asked me several questions and confirmed all of my information. He then invited me to come take some test and role play. Afterwards, they sent me an email stating the information for my testing appointment and what to bring. On the day of the testing appointment, you take a test for about 20 minutes. 15 minutes of stimulations and online exercises of an idea of how the work pace and setting will be like. The other 5 minutes will be a typing test that you aren't expected to complete but to do your very best! Afterwards, you will sit down for 30 minutes to talk to a hiring manager about you and why you chose the position at Geico. Then, you will role play your position for 30 minutes, which can become very hectic and lots of pressure. Overall, the interview process was at ease and the staff was friendly!

Interview Questions

• Name a time you helped a customer that was frustrated or confused.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA).

Interview

Longest interview process! Phone interview, Testing (typing and simulation with information) and In-person interview. The last part consisted of interviewing with 2 HR representative, sitting with a current employee to observe, and finally the manager. I recall the in-person interview lasting about 4 hours.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Geico?
      How would you handle a difficult/angry customer?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

The interview process was very long. The first step is you take an assessment. This will determine if you move forward or not. It is made up of a simulator of taking calls as if you were actually doing the job and then there is a typing test. The second part is the interview and they has a series of behavioral questions and situational questions .The third part is the role play. They give you about 25 minutes to look over the material and then they will start calling and you have to pretend as if you were actually in the position. The next part is sitting with an associate to see if you actually like the job and want to move forward based on what you see. The last part is with the hiring manager and from here they will tell you if you are hired. Not a hard process just be prepared with great questions and answers

Interview Questions

• Q: What other jobs are you applying to be sides Geico.   2 Answers

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in October 2016.

Interview

There is a lot of information on Glassdoor for Geico and they are ALL right, it's several processes.

1. Brief phone interview-how many days have you missed at current job, why do you want to work for Geico, have your resume in front of you, be concise, polite, remember the position you're applying for is a call center environment--be clear when speaking. This should be easy. If you don't get an appointment time during this call for in-person interview, you've failed.

2. Computer testing-2 parts, 1 is a typing test the other is data entry/listening. I thought it was easy but I was the only that passed in my group of 5. The people who get called out first, failed.

3. Recruiter Interview-THIS IS NOT A HIRING MANAGER, I think this was my mistake---she was a NOTE TAKER, so it isn't about how well you do, or present yourself, or answer your questions--it might be how well she takes notes!!! I STUDIED hard, but my questions weren't concise enough.

They're mainly all behavioral questions, it might take you a minute or two to explain--they're not going to be able to write all of that down and supposedly has a higher up look it over.

**Another thing, I brought 2 copies of my resume (she didn't want one) and some notes for reference and of course questions to ask after interview. I only glanced at them about 4x in an HOUR interview but SHE DIDN'T LIKE IT. She commented in the beginning that, "Oh, so you're not going to know what you're going to say."

I had told her, "Not at all, just for reference, I've been interviewing and I know you're going to be very specific about certain instances I've encountered at work."

I think I screwed it up despite the interview really flowing well with her. Use the STAR METHOD, keep your answer concise--remember she's writing. Speak clearly as possible, be polite.

She walked out for 10 minutes, came back and I got the kiss of death, "We'll be in touch if interested." She even went as far to say, "You're the only that passed the computer test so we'll end here today."

She didn't need to go to that level, I knew I didn't get the job.

***IF YOU DO NOT GO THROUGH ENTIRE PROCESS/GET THE JOB OFFER THE SAME DAY IN KATY/HOUSTON LOCATION, YOU DO NOT HAVE THE JOB. You will get rejection letter by email within 2-5 days.

I should have done the role-playing, then walked the call center floor, then listened to calls, THEN had ANOTHER interview with an ACTUAL HR manager THEN JOB OFFER.

They give you, "We'll be in touch.." kiss of death, did not get it, must wait 6 months to reapply. Drill yourself, study, USE THE STAR method to answer, don't bring in any notes.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Geico? Have you applied anywhere else? What can Geico do so you can turn-down offer in case other company reaches out to you? Tell me a time when you've helped an upset customer? Tell me a time when you couldn't help a customer? Tell me a time you've done outstanding customer service? Why did you leave/want to leave current job (they will ask about every job on your resume)? Why do you want to work in insurance? They will tell you, this position requires testing--do you have any anxiety about that? Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer