GEICO Claims Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jul 7, 2017

3.3

150 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got a phone interview. My phone interview only lasted 4 minutes because the interviewer asked me how many days I missed in 12 months from my previous employer and when I said how many, she quickly said that's all I need to know at the moment and said I would get a call or email back. I knew then that I wasn't moving on to the next step. I wish companies would give you a chance to explain why you missed those days from work in stead of just assuming that you're going to be a person who has bad attendance. I've heard good things about Geico, but for this reason I will have to give Geico a thumbs down and say that they're quite possibly missing out on having great employees just because you won't take the time to get all the facts about a person's situation at that time.

Interview Questions

• How did you hear or find out about the company?   Answer Question
  • If we call your previous employer, how many unplanned absences will they say you had in a 12 month period?   Answer Question
  • What do you think is the only time you should ever miss work?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in August 2016.

Interview

Online app, phone interview, testing, face to face interview, role play, shadow employee, manager interview! Be yourself and shine, they are looking for people who are polite and eager to do the job.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in August 2016.

Interview

It was a fairly easy interview process .. I received a call the day after I applied .. We did a phone interview .. I wnt in for an interview with HR and then the hiring manager

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in July 2016.

Interview

First, you go in for a testing interview where they check your multi-tasking and typing ability.
    Second, you come in for a 1st in-person interview and role play customer phone calls.
    Third, you sit with other employees and listen to them perform the job and have a final interview with the hiring manager.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in July 2016.

Interview

Was very smooth it took a while I was been interview to work in another state, but all was related to personal questions and actual job, after that she made me an offer asking me if is ok for me to start certain day and the salary she told me to wait til next week that I will be receiving answers in case of been hired I have to relocate asap. She was interviewing me from Macon, GA and I was in FL, I understand it was very easy.

Interview Questions

• Tell me how is your actual job and why you want to leave?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

Interview

Very friendly relaxing atmosphere. Interviewer seemed very interested in know about the background and experience related to the job. Initially just talked about background information and then transitioned into more thing specifically related to the position.

Interview Questions

• What stuck out to you about the insurance industry (Geoco)?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Katy, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied on day, got called the next. Typing(wpm)/Listening Test , if you pass that (which you should its fairly easy) you gone on to the second interview. If you pass the face to face interview you will role play, if you do well on this, you listen to calls and observe on the call floor, then you speak with the head Manager and they let you know if you're hired or not. Long process (5-6 hours) if you're there less than that you (may) not have the job.

Interview Questions

• Why should we hire you?
       Have you applied other places?
      Why or why not?
      Alot of "Tell me about a time when" scenarios,   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2016.

Interview

I applied online, took an online assessment then was given a phone interview, i passed and was ask to show up for a pre-employment process (6 hours). We took a computer test which rates your multi-tasking skills and typing speed, if you pass then you go in for about 45 mins interview with HR, if you pass then you do a role-play scenarios. If you pass then you are schedule another day for shadowing and interview with a hiring manager.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

I applied on a Friday and received an email back the next day to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was very quick and just asked general questions and she explained the training schedule and pay rate for the position. Then she scheduled me to come in and take a computer test. The computer test was extremely simple and I should have known there was a reason for that being so simple. After I passed the test , which they call every person individually into a room to say if u passed or failed and then u either wait for an in person interview or take the walk of shame in front of the class. One girl failed. I waited about 20 mins for the first in person interview. This woman was like a robot. She was not personable at all. Not welcoming and extremely fake and put on. Then she said she would like me to continue onto the next step so I had to wait an hour and a half for the role play. The role play consisted of sitting in an office facing the wall at a wooden desk and reading a handbook on a fake company. There's 10 fake files and claims sheets. The interviewer tells me to study that in 25 mins and then I will start receiving fake mail deliveries and phone calls. When she started doing the fake phone calls , she sat behind me and would say "ring ring". I was soooo taken back by the level of these fake phone calls that I panicked. She pretended to be extremely rude customers - like raising her voice and stuff. I understand that it is to see how you handle a call like that . But I felt that was very unnecessary for an interview. Again this woman was extremely unfriendly. Geico stresses treating the customers great - in which they do but possible future employees I guess they don't have the same standards. They don't even shake your hand when they meet you. So needless to say - I received a decline letter and welcoming me to reapply in 6 months. But I will not be retrying that. It was humiliating.

Interview Questions

• Would qualities do you offer for this position and what makes you feel you would be a good candidate?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I was selected for a phone interview which lasted a maximum of 15 minutes. I would suggest selecting the earliest available time that you will be fully awake. The interviewer was friendly and asked standard questions, such as how I came across the job, why I wish to apply, etc. Make sure you prep yourself in advance; I dawdled too much when answering the questions and ultimately I think that cost me a chance at a second interview.