GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

2.8

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2010.

Interview

Spend hours interviewing and continuing interview days in a row, led on the whole time to believe your going to get the job, then interview with the big boss, takes five minutes. Then no call or letter back, called two weeks later to find out someone else got the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in January 2009.

Interview

You can apply online for a job and they will respond to advise you of testing times and dates. Expect to spend the entire day there because its part of the test. They want to know you are willing to wait to jump through their hoops to get the job and one of the hoops is waiting. There are steps to the hiring process - apply, test, interview, interview again, role playing interview, sit and listen session (I was put with someone and then they forgot I was there), interview with a supervisor, interview with a second supervisor and then a job offer.

Interview Questions

• How do you feel about speaking to people with accents that are difficult to understand?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to work in insurance?   Answer Question

Negotiation

Not even an option.... its the offer or no job.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2013.

Interview

Phone interview after receiving my application on Career Builder.

Interview Questions

• No real difficult questions. Standard ?'s. Previous Employer, hours available, what did you do at your previous job. No real deep or difficult to answer questions.   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Interview

Met with HR...the interviewer and l sat in seperate offices and role played different scenarios. I had to pick up phone, respond to anxious customers, angry customers. Lasted about an hour.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiations..all given the same salary

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA).

Interview

1st phone interview. week or so later.. testing in the office to see if you if you the aptitude to adjust and learn quickly and typing. if you pass; you go through simulated customer service routine of about 3 calls; pass that you go interview w/ HR person.. pass that ... you listen to calls for about an hour. then you interview w/ a depart Manager.. all that in one day. about 1 week late if you pass that.. final step drug testing (hair sample) inch wide.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

No negotiation

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

There are several steps... You apply online, computer testing, face to face, interview, role playing, shadowing, then another interview. They hire the best of the best, You need to be ready and quick on your feet. It is an awesome company to work for if you can get in. I will try again.

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I have been through it the hiring process many times with Geico. Every person I spoke with was so nice and welcoming. Then process is a big long to get to the end. But I believe it's well worth it! You get to work for a great company!

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in May 2014.

Interview

upwards of 5 hours long. Sit with a current agent. 3 one on one interviews with members of management. computer test. personality test. hair drug test. role play scenario

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Alot of what the others mentioned is spot on. The steps are as follows:
    1. Apply online
    2. Take an online test
    3. Schedule a phone interview
    4. Go in person for a computer test, specifically testing words per minute/accuracy and how you would handle fictional call recordings/emails on a computer system. This part was pretty straightforward, you had to take down around 9 pieces of information per customer, click on the appropiate Claims/Service/Sales tabs and enter the information they provided you.
    5. First in person interview
    6. perform a roleplay where the person that interviews hands you a paper with fictional details about a company, gives you 20 minutes to read through it and then calls in as if they were a customer and you have to answer their questions/offer services etc.
    7. Shadowing, which involves sitting behind one of their customer service reps, listening to their calls, taking notes on them and asking them questions. Note: The rep you sit with will have to give feedback on you to the hiring managers so make sure to ask questions and be somewhat engaged.
    7. Next is an in person interview with one or more hiring managers.

And that's it, it's a little intimidating but nothing out of the world. The final interview is grueling and consists of upwards of 15 questions. The roleplay can be a little nervewracking but everything you need to know is on the paper. Be prepared to set aside at minimum around six hours for the entire process. You will be given the option to do it across two days instead of all in one sitting. If you are offered a position they will likely request a background check afterwards as well.

As for the hiring process, well i wasn't called back on the position, and i personally felt the interview went over really well but evidently they thought differently. But make sure you ask when training is scheduled to begin because had i been offered the position i would not have started training until a good month later, and it seems that training starts with getting you to pass a state certification exam, which if you fail you will be terminated on the spot.

All in all despite being exceedingly long the overall experience was positive, but I am a little bit disappointed they did not contact as promised to inform whether i had been hired or not. I was told I excelled at the computer/roleplay tests and I have prior experience in call centers and customer service but was not offered a position. So i advise you keep your wits about you, and don't let your qualifications get to your head when applying as they seem to be quite picky with who they choose to take on board.

Interview Questions

• If you we're offered a position, how would you feel knowing that you will be coached and evaluated on an ongoing basis.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in December 2014.

Interview

They start off doing a phone interview, asking basic questions about experience, job history, and a little about yourself. If you pass, they schedule an interview (expect to be there all day) starting off with a written portion to see how fast you can type, then you meet with a member of HR who asks questions on when you've had a difficult customer, what did you do to make the situation better etc. They will do a mock phone call where you pretend to be a service rep for a company and see how you do. If you pass, you then go and sit next to someone for an hour and listen to them take calls to get somewhat of an idea of what the job is. And finally, you meet with the managers who do a final interview and they usually let you know how you did