GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 27, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA).

Interview

They have several parts to the interview process that you need to "pass". Initially I filled out the online app and took a few assessments. I was referred by a current employee and thought that would put me ahead of the curve (it did not). The first even was an assessment to see how fast you could type and multitask. Then I was interviewed by one lady in a really small office. The lady was look not at her computer the entire time, it made it hard to be personable. I know my biggest mistake was sharing my college major with her as it showed I was not going to be with the company over 1.5 years. The interview questions are set in STAR format.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time a customer was not satisfied and how did you overcome it   Answer Question
  • Tell me about a time you had to work in a team   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Probably one of the hardest interviews that I've experienced. Basically if you don't have any call service experience (like me) this will be a little difficult.

You start off by taking a simulation which was pretty easy and then after that you do a WPM test which was also very easy. Mostly everyone in my group passed. We then wait outside until a hiring manager is ready to interview us. My name was last to be called so I was waiting for atleast 15-20 minutes. I went in and they asked me regular interview questions, my interviewer never smiled which made me more nervous but he told me that i passed that part... he told me to wait in the office and he would come back. Once he called me back he handed me a package of a fake company and had to study the company and also 5 papers of different fake customers. I had to study for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I got a phone call to basically do a call service role play. really over whelming, I had no idea what I was doing and I couldn't even ask questions. It was really embarrassing over the phone because it was so many things I had to remember in a short amount of time....Probably one of the most stressful things I've ever done to get a job. So like I said if you have call service experience you should ACE this part with no problems, for me, it was another story.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I'm sure if you read all the other Geico interview reviews, you would know the process is pretty lengthy. I got through the phone interview and scheduled a face to face. When I got there, I took the simulated computer test (super easy). I was one of three out of five in my group that passed it. So that means you get to move onto the face to face.

The face to face wasn't your typical interview. She didn't ask the typical interview questions. She asked like six scenario questions that really get you thinking, but I felt I gave good answers! After the interview, she said a supervisor decides if I move on and I will get an email within the next two weeks letting me know if the supervisor liked me. I knew right then I didn't get the job. When I got home, (I live like 15 minutes away) I got a rejection e-mail in about an hour later.

This wasn't my first time having an interview at Geico. I had one about three years ago and the same exact thing happened. Passed the computer test, had the interview, and she told me they would contact me, but I thought they would like me now since I have more customer service experience and I'm older.

I don't think it's fair that it's not your department manager giving you the interview. It's an HR person and they decide if you should move onto the next step. Not fair at all because what if the department manager would've liked you? I just don't understand what I did wrong. Anyway, with that being said I might apply again in 6 months if I don't have something better by then. As always, I am still thankful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time a customer got really mad at you and what you did to fix it   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

If you read any of the other reviews regarding the process, it's exactly the same.
    First you schedule a phone interview, which is pretty easy and straight forward, and if the person interviewing you on the phone likes you then you move on to doing a assessment. I scheduled my assessment for the very next day. The assessment consists of answering phone calls and emails and entering the information given to you into different categories, it tests how well you are at multi-tasking. Then you also have to take a typing test which is based off how fast you type and the amount of errors you make. Overall the assessment was pretty easy.
    After that then you get called in to do a face to face interview, if you passed the assessment, and if the person doing your face to face interview thinks your answers were satisfactory then you move on to role playing. For the role play section you're escorted into a room and given 20 minutes to read a couple of pages detailing a made up company and a customer sheet. Your interviewer calls you after your 20 minutes are up and pretends to be one of the customers on your sheet. Overall this was the hardest part of the interviewing process because I've never worked in any type of call center before, but I believe as long as you did the basics of what you were supposed to do, such as verifying the made up customer's phone number, offering them a certain service, staying calm, and etc, then overall you will probably pass.
    After I finished this part my interviewer told me I had passed and a employee from customer service would escort me to another employee who i could shadow.Basically, you just listen in onto another employee's phone calls and listen to the process they have to go through while also getting a feel for the environment you'd be working in. You do this for about a hour and then the manager of that section will come get you to do your final interview since they will decide whether or not you fit within their team.
    Overall the entire interview process took me 6 hours to complete.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Long process 3 interviews total, a bit casual (most people were in jeans or untucked shirts) but overall friendly. I enjoyed the people and they were really upfront about the process and the job itself

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then you are asked to take an on-site assessment. Following the assessment was an interview with a recruiter. The assessment was composed of a typing test and a simulation test. After the test, the recruiter asked interview questions and then there was a role-playing exercise, in which you had 20 minutes to study for. Following that was shadowing an employee and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager. You are asked several interview questions and then they explain additional information about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The interview process is a little lengthy but is understandable with the testing that is needed for the position. Breaks are included and part of the process included an onsite drug screen which I felt was a time saver and a convenience from not having to go to multiple locations on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, typing test, phone assessment of role playing that tests the level of customer service, and a computer test that tests the ability to multitask and navigate screens while handling a call   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Sunday 3/12 applied for Geico Internet Service Rep I

Tuesday 3/14 phone interview passed through to next phase. Received an email outlining the 7 step process.

Friday 3/17 assessment and first interview with recruiter

Tuesday 3/21 role play for Internet Customer Service but was denied due to a grammatical error but was offered to interview for the Customer Service on the phone position
    --role play was intense: given 20 mins to study fake company and you are called by the recruiter who acts as the customer. You are given instructions on how to handle the requests. If you aren't familiar with taking calls it might be difficult for you. Since I was interviewing for the Internet side I was also given a series of emails to respond to as well.

Wednesday 3/22 job shadow of phone rep & interview with Customer Service manager who went over more interview questions and details about the job and expectations of pay, training, scheduling, etc.

Offered the job on the spot contingent of passing the hair follicle test, background & credit check

Received the email to consent to background check and will be taking the hair drug test on Friday 3/24

Overall VERY lengthy process because they are selective in who they hire. They invest so much time into you and if this is something you want you will stick it out and let the process go through the necessary steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process reminded me of a cattle call with several people being considered for the exact same position. There was no indication that the recruiter really knew anything about your capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer who wants to cancel their membership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Do have call center experience
      What's your availability