GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in June 2020.

Interview

I applied online and received an email a couple of days later for the multi tasking test. Relax, focus and you will do fine. Next I received an invite for q phone interview. Spoke to an Hr lady who ask me some behavioral questions. If you pass that you will be told to set up an role play interview which was online due to the virus. Read, read, and read. Everything you need to say is on the screen! If you pass that you will get set up for an online interview with the hiring manager! Good luck! You got this!

Interview Questions

• When you had q difficult customer, how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

Applied online. The next day I received a request to do an online assessment. Later that day I received a phone call to schedule a phone interview. The only interview process is very fast. Be sure to know about the company.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA).

Interview

The interview wasn’t bad. Due to Covid it’s been through the phone interview, video chats and online testing. I did 2 separate interviews over the phone, one was for personal information and schedule availability while the other consisted of interview like questions pertaining to the job title.

Interview Questions

• Situational questions
      - if you’re dealing with and upset customer, how would you react?
      - Why did you choose Geico?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Coralville, IA).

Interview

The test is anxiety inducing but the interview was more laid back. I feel like their expectation were unusually high for a $19/hr job. They also have a six month long training process alone which means it isn't a good job if you're looking for something temporary.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Interview

The interviewers were nice enough, but for an entry level call center based job there were way too many rounds of interviews. Two online assessments, a phone interview, and a 30 minute call roleplay for a fictional company that you only get 20 minutes to learn about? Excessive.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you worked with a difficult customer, how did you handle that situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in June 2020.

Interview

Longest interview process I've ever encountered. Like... by far lol. Seemed unnecessarily intense for an entry level position. Almost felt like they were trying to shake you to weed people out. If you prepare thoroughly for the interview with examples of customer service experiences, you'll do fine. Stay friendly and upbeat!

(This might differ from the regular process as I was on-boarded virtually due to COVID-19)
    - Personality assessment
    - Phone interview
        - this was the hardest part IMO
        - my interviewer was extremely cold and unfriendly
        - was asked a lot of rapid-fire questions based on negative customer service experiences
        - interview seemed to follow a reverse order, for example, tell us why you'd be a good fit for this position was the last question my interviewer asked me
        - pay is not negotiable
    - Role play
        - challenging, but if you read the materials thoroughly and maintain a positive attitude, you should be ok!
    - Interview with hiring manager over video chat
       - this was actually the easiest part

Interview Questions

• What made you decide to apply with Geico?   Answer Question
    • What makes you think that you are qualified to be a customer service representative with Geico?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time you persuaded your coworkers to do or change something.   Answer Question
    • Describe a situation when you were given a deadline. What did you do to meet that deadline?   Answer Question
    • Why do you want to leave your current job?   Answer Question
    • Describe a time a customer was upset with you or the service they received. What did you do to fix the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in November 2020.

Interview

I
    1. I applied on their website after finding the job on indeed, and immediately after submitting my application I had to complete a personality quiz.
    2. About 3 days later I got an email scheduling a phone interview. I wouldn’t even consider this an interview they are basically going over your work history, and ensuring you’re up to do the job, the hours, and that you’re okay with the pay. After this, whoever is interviewing you will send you a test to complete.
    3. This is a test where you will receive calls or emails, and submit the customer information in. The biggest thing is accuracy, and also make sure your efficient. Even if you’re not able to submit everything for the customer, still make sure you submit before time runs out you want to get as much accurate information as you can in. Then after each test, you will have to do a typing test, accuracy is important again, but you want to get past 20 wpm. To see what wpm I typed I did practice ones I found online before completing the test. They will call you and tell you if you passed or not, for me it was two days after.
    4. I found out that I passed once they called and told me, and they had me schedule another 45 minute interview. This interview was set up using STAR method. Most of the questions were behavioral. Asking what you’d do with an irate customer, a time you had to persuade someone, and why you want to work with Geico.
    5. She then told me at the end of the interview I made it to the next step, which was another test lol. This test allowed you to practice. I practice twice, it was similar to the other one, with a typing test and a customer service test but it was a medical company.
    6. They called me and said I passed and I set up a 45 minute a interview with the hiring manager. The questions was behavioral again, and this time It was through video chat.
    7. I did the interview on a Monday at 11am, and they called me on Tuesday afternoon telling me that I received the job.
    If you’re someone who is bad at interviews, the time to apply is now, most of the interviews will be on the phone or through video chat which makes things a bit better :) ! Ensure that you don’t get discouraged and keep a positive attitude!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Geico?   1 Answer
    • Name a time you had to persuade someone?   1 Answer
    • Have you ever dealt with an angry customer, and how?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

A couple of steps, but they are all very informative. The reps who interviewed me were super nice and welcoming and honest. I thought the hair drug screen was a little intense but I guess that’s because they used to be insurance for the government.

Interview Questions

• What was a time you had a difficult customer, how did you handle it?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The hiring process for many of GEICO's entry-level positions is quite lengthy, compared to my previous experiences. I started my interview process by completing the online form on their website. I was contacted roughly 24-48 hours later, via email, and notified that they were advancing me to the next phase of hiring which included two parts. The first part was a personality assessment and the second was a mock online training (for a fictitious company) followed by a test. The personality assessment asks you to rank sets of statements, from the "most" to the "least" representative of you and/or your beliefs or attitudes. In the second part of this phase, you are given a set amount of time to read through the training materials of a fictitious company. Once the study time was up, we had the chance to practice routing calls and emails to the right department while documenting the customer's personal info (name, policy number, etc.) quickly and accurately. Then I had to transcribe as much as I could of a passage that appeared. I then took 3 "phone calls" from the person conducting the interview with 3 different scenarios. (This whole mock training portion was long. I was asked to set aside 2.5 hours, but it didn't take the full amount of time.) I was told right on the spot that they wanted to advance me. I then scheduled an appointment with the same person for the next phone interview which was brief, lasting about 10-15 minutes. It went well and I was offered the chance to do the next phone interview right then, during that phone call. The second interview was quite a bit longer and more in-depth, lasting about 35-40 minutes or so. I believe at this point is when I was offered the position. I was then asked to watch a "30 minutes in the life of a customer service rep" type video of a real employee's screen as they took real calls from customers and reach back out when I was done to give them my impression. They then sent the info for the background check and drug screen. I dealt with the same individual throughout 99% of the whole process, which worked out well because he was great!

Interview Questions

• Q: Why do you think you would be a good fit for GEICO?

Q: Describe a specific time when you had to deal with a difficult customer. What did you do to resolve the situation? If what you did hadn't worked, what would you have done?

Q: Where do you see yourself in 5 years?

Q: How would you feel about working remotely?

Q: What would your workspace at home be like?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in October 2020.

Interview

I applied to the job late one night, the next morning I had a link to complete an assessment. Completed the assessment and 2 days later invited to complete a phone interview.