GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Probably one of the hardest interviews that I've experienced. Basically if you don't have any call service experience (like me) this will be a little difficult.

You start off by taking a simulation which was pretty easy and then after that you do a WPM test which was also very easy. Mostly everyone in my group passed. We then wait outside until a hiring manager is ready to interview us. My name was last to be called so I was waiting for atleast 15-20 minutes. I went in and they asked me regular interview questions, my interviewer never smiled which made me more nervous but he told me that i passed that part... he told me to wait in the office and he would come back. Once he called me back he handed me a package of a fake company and had to study the company and also 5 papers of different fake customers. I had to study for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I got a phone call to basically do a call service role play. really over whelming, I had no idea what I was doing and I couldn't even ask questions. It was really embarrassing over the phone because it was so many things I had to remember in a short amount of time....Probably one of the most stressful things I've ever done to get a job. So like I said if you have call service experience you should ACE this part with no problems, for me, it was another story.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in May 2017.

Interview

I'm sure if you read all the other Geico interview reviews, you would know the process is pretty lengthy. I got through the phone interview and scheduled a face to face. When I got there, I took the simulated computer test (super easy). I was one of three out of five in my group that passed it. So that means you get to move onto the face to face.

The face to face wasn't your typical interview. She didn't ask the typical interview questions. She asked like six scenario questions that really get you thinking, but I felt I gave good answers! After the interview, she said a supervisor decides if I move on and I will get an email within the next two weeks letting me know if the supervisor liked me. I knew right then I didn't get the job. When I got home, (I live like 15 minutes away) I got a rejection e-mail in about an hour later.

This wasn't my first time having an interview at Geico. I had one about three years ago and the same exact thing happened. Passed the computer test, had the interview, and she told me they would contact me, but I thought they would like me now since I have more customer service experience and I'm older.

I don't think it's fair that it's not your department manager giving you the interview. It's an HR person and they decide if you should move onto the next step. Not fair at all because what if the department manager would've liked you? I just don't understand what I did wrong. Anyway, with that being said I might apply again in 6 months if I don't have something better by then. As always, I am still thankful for the opportunity.

Interview Questions

• Tell us about a time a customer got really mad at you and what you did to fix it   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Long process 3 interviews total, a bit casual (most people were in jeans or untucked shirts) but overall friendly. I enjoyed the people and they were really upfront about the process and the job itself

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a brief phone interview and then you are asked to take an on-site assessment. Following the assessment was an interview with a recruiter. The assessment was composed of a typing test and a simulation test. After the test, the recruiter asked interview questions and then there was a role-playing exercise, in which you had 20 minutes to study for. Following that was shadowing an employee and lastly, an interview with the hiring manager. You are asked several interview questions and then they explain additional information about the position.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The interview process is a little lengthy but is understandable with the testing that is needed for the position. Breaks are included and part of the process included an onsite drug screen which I felt was a time saver and a convenience from not having to go to multiple locations on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, typing test, phone assessment of role playing that tests the level of customer service, and a computer test that tests the ability to multitask and navigate screens while handling a call   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ) in March 2017.

Interview

Sunday 3/12 applied for Geico Internet Service Rep I

Tuesday 3/14 phone interview passed through to next phase. Received an email outlining the 7 step process.

Friday 3/17 assessment and first interview with recruiter

Tuesday 3/21 role play for Internet Customer Service but was denied due to a grammatical error but was offered to interview for the Customer Service on the phone position
    --role play was intense: given 20 mins to study fake company and you are called by the recruiter who acts as the customer. You are given instructions on how to handle the requests. If you aren't familiar with taking calls it might be difficult for you. Since I was interviewing for the Internet side I was also given a series of emails to respond to as well.

Wednesday 3/22 job shadow of phone rep & interview with Customer Service manager who went over more interview questions and details about the job and expectations of pay, training, scheduling, etc.

Offered the job on the spot contingent of passing the hair follicle test, background & credit check

Received the email to consent to background check and will be taking the hair drug test on Friday 3/24

Overall VERY lengthy process because they are selective in who they hire. They invest so much time into you and if this is something you want you will stick it out and let the process go through the necessary steps.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2017.

Interview

The process reminded me of a cattle call with several people being considered for the exact same position. There was no indication that the recruiter really knew anything about your capabilities.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle a customer who wants to cancel their membership?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

They called me for a phone interview wasn't really an interview just availability questions. I went in for an interview but apparently I didn't pass their typing test which I think is a load of crap no one even spoke to me. They are so selective like their a government entity or something. I would not recommend this company.

Interview Questions

• Do have call center experience
      What's your availability
      Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in February 2017.

Interview

You go in and take the assessment (sample calls and typing), if you pass you go through situational questions with the recruiter. If you pass that you do the role playing. 20 min to look over material and you go through 3 sample calls. (Don't be worried. It's extremely easy) and 20 min is more than enough time. If you pass, you'll shadow an employee and meet with the floor manager. I was offered a job on the spot after about 45 min of talking with him and going through more situational questions. - the interview overall was easy. I was there from 10-4, though they do ask if you'd like to do the process in segments.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Where else have you applied? How did you handle an upset customer? There's a new online pay and as you're explaining it, the customer cuts you off and says they're not interested. What do you do?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in February 2017.

Interview

Had a phone interview, then scheduled for a meeting in a few days. Took a typing and multitasking test - this will probably be easy for younger applicants used to social media and video games. Then had an in-person interview with some basic interest questions.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to resolve a customer dispute.   Answer Question