GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.3

339 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

Email to schedule test, testing, meet with recruiter, they told me I would hear something in next few days, but I received a email 2 days later saying I didn't get the job.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 4 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It is a multiple step interview process. I can honestly say it is the longest interview process I have ever experienced. Be prepared for testing and face to face interviewing. Very thorough, so at least you know not just anyone is getting in.

Interview Questions

• How have you handled a situation where a customer was unhappy with your service?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in November 2017.

Interview

The process took about two weeks. I took an online assessment and then continued to the phone interview. It was about 20 minutes long and asked if i took any civil service exams, which i had. They asked me if "i got a call from state troopers in a few years, would i take it?" It threw me off, which is where it might have gone wrong. However, the conversation had ended off with them saying my call would go to the hiring manager. Although 5 days later i got an email saying that they had passed on me.

Interview Questions

• "if you got a call from state troopers in a few years, would you take it?"   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO in November 2017.

Interview

Typing and listening test first day then it is an interview with HR, role play with them basically give you a sheet and see how you respond to different scenarios. After passing that, next day is shadowing someone, interview with department manager and then they schedule you for a drug test.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very long process with many steps and deep questioning in a friendly manor. First, they need to make an initial phone call, then if you pass, you go in and take a typing test and if you pass that you will have a general interview and if you pass you will go to another interview where the questions go deeper.

Interview Questions

• If you had an irate customer on the line, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in October 2017.

Interview

For me, it took about 3 weeks due to working the hiring process around my work schedule. I scheduled interviews for GEICO on my days off which are Thursdays and Fridays (no testing and interviews on Fridays). I applied on a Thursday night. After receiving an acknowledgment email for GEICO. GEICO sent an email to complete personality assessment and I completed assesment. I applied to 4 positions: Sales, ERS, Customer Service, Auto Damage Adjuster. The next morning, I received an email inviting me to schedule phone interview for Customer Service position. I was only given the option to schedule for that same day. I scheduled my interview that Friday afternoon. Recruiter called about 5 minutes early. Interview lasted about 10 to 15 minutes. Recruiter stated the training schedule, hours during transition, discussed the job role and pay . Main question was if asked how many times would your most recent employer state that you had unplanned absences in the last 6 months. I stated 1-2 times due to illness. Attendance, dependability and stable work history are important to GEICO. Before the end of call, recruiter said she would like to progress me to the next hiring step which was coming onsite for testing. Upon successfully completing testing, you may be asked to stay and complete additional steps of the selection process which may take up to a few hours. She asked what time worked best for me and schedule me for that time. Shortly after my phone interview, I received an email with my testing time and GEICO address. My onsite testing was set for the following Thursday at 1 PM. About 5 of us did the testing. Testing consisted of mulitasking and typing. The company is a fake medical insurance company. You are given a few minutes to read instructions and learn the system. When an inquiry enters your queue you have 1 minutes to start data entry and submit each inquiry. Inquiries are claims, service and sales. You have to chose the correct tab based on inquiry type. You listen to a voice recording or read an email to retrieve the data needed submit and complete customer’s inquiry. All of us passed the test. Typing test is based on accuracy and 25 WPM is required. After successfully completing the test we were told to wait in the lobby for the next step. I was the first person to be called back. I waited about 5 minutes. I had behavioral based interview (tell me a time when) with HR Hiring Specialist. After the interview, she stated she would like to continue to the next step which was role play. I was given a case study (Warranty Protection company) and timer and I had 20 minutes to study before another HR Hiring specialist would call me. HR called 3 times each time pretending to be a different customer. It’s important to hilight and know the company’s policy and procedures. Have a greeting, be polite, empathize, verify phone number and upsell upgrade if customer doesn’t have it, thank customer for being a valued customer. Case study had 5 or 6 customers. After 1st call, I was given feedback. I forgot to verify phone number. After the 3rd mock call, HR specialist on the phone told me I had successfully passed role play. I would continue on to the next steps: Shadowing customer service rep and interview with hiring manager. My 1st onsite interview ended there due to having another scheduled interview that same day. I told my HR during my interview that I had an appointment and needed to end by a certain time. Before I left GEICO, I was scheduled for my next interview a week later. I came back the next week to finish my shadow and hiring manager interview. I shadowed a customer service rep for about 45 minutes. I was given a sheet to fill out for one of the calls. Next the manager calls back and ask a few questions. What makes excellent service? After a few minutes, hiring manager stated she was going to hiring me. Ask me a few more questions and I asked questions. After interview, I was congratulated by a few HR employees and supervisors and asked to wait in the lobby. While waiting, I received an email with a job offer. A few minutes, I was called back to accept offer and fills out my background, employment, education, and credit check. GEICO does a hair follicle drug test so they cut some of your hair also. After that offer specialist took me it would take about 10 days for background check to come back. I received an email 7 days later stating I had passed background check. Offer specialist called the following Monday to verify that I passed criminal, employment, education, and credit check and drug test. She reminded me about the 1st two days being orientation and they have a different time schedule from our training schedule and bring two forms of Identification with me for orientation.

Interview Questions

• What traits contribute to excellent customer service?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

-online personality test
    -2 on site exams; typing and role play
    -interview with recruiter
    After filling out the online application I took the personality test. A few days later I was invited to do onsite testing. After I passed the onsite tests I was sent in for an interview with a recruiter. After the interview I was told that I would receive a phone call the following day or a rejection email. About Two business days later I received the rejection email.
    I'm not sure why I didn't get a position. I have customer service experience, a four year degree, and I passed the exams.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2017.

Interview

Be Prepared to be there all day. My interview was at 1015am and i didnt leave until almost 5pm. When you first get there your greeted by security and you sign in then they call you and a couple of other ppl into a room with computers. They give you head sets and tell you to start the test. The test is two different things. The first part is they want to see if you can learn a system for a fake company quickly READ THE INSTRUSTIONS! thats what helped me. I know someone who failed it twice so read it then play along with it before times runs out before the actual test starts. When that starts they dont expect you to do all of them beacuse its impossible just do as much and as fast as you can. Then the second part of the test is a typing test. Most ppl only finish about 1 to 2 sentences so dont freak out. Then when your done a lady comes in the room if she calls your name you didnt pass. The next part of the interview is the acutual interview they ask you alot of questions starting with your previous jobs then your personality etc. You do this for like 30 to 45 mins. Then next part is role playing which was the toughest part. They sit you in a room by your self with a phone highlighters pen paper and a packet that has a fake company info. They give you 20 minutes to study it. They want to see how you sound on the phone and if you can learn fast. Then someone calls the phone and you have to pick it up and answer it like the company wants. The customer calls and you have to answer whatever questions they ask. If you pass this one you go on to sitting side by side with an actual agent for 1 hr and listen. Make sure you pay attention the next part they ask you questions about it. After that they sit you with a hiring manager for like 30 - 45 minutes and she ask you almost the same questions as the person before. If you get the job they will tell you right after they speak with their boss that same moment after speaking with you. If you get the job then its the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Geico   Answer Question
    • How man UNSCHEDLED work days in a year did you have at your previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It was very drawn out and extremely detailed which I can understand. First I did a phone interview, assessment, in person interview, another assessment, observed an employee, and a final interview. I was there for roughly 5 hours and the last interview went not so good. The manager kept asking me why I was willing to take a pay cut and how over qualified I was for the job and how he could to be sure I was not going to be offered a better job somewhere else.