GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Sep 18, 2017

3.3

323 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I filled out my application online and within 48 hrs I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. If you pass the phone interview you're invited to come in and take the assessment (typing & multitasking). After successfully passing the assessment you then will be invited to do a face to face interview with HR. After passing the HR interview, you now have to do a Role play! The role play was the HARDEST. If you pass the role play you'll shadow with someone in the department you're interviewing for, then you'll have am interview with the hiring manager. That's when you'll find out if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone interview. It went well then I was emailed for a f2f interview and I scheduled that the following day. The lady in the counter set me and 2 other people, one girl and one guy in a room where we took a typing test and a multi-tasking test. There was a practice round, and the actual test itself. I bombed the first part, but did excellently on the next... The girl was sent home and I overheard the lady say she'll email her about the next steps. Then another woman comes out and says congratulations to me and the guy and I was picked up by interviewer #1. Asked basic questions like Why should we hire you? Have you ever worked in a goal oriented environment? What are your qualifications? What roles prepared you for this job? Why Geico? -- Then did roleplay. Interviewer left me in a room with a packet to study of a fake company to see well how you would deal with customers on the phone. It was pretty nerve wrecking. Everything you need to know is on the papers and how you handle it is entirely up to you. If you pass that, you get interview #2, then if that person likes you, they place you with a CSR to listen in to their calls to make sure you know what you're getting yourself in to. After that you finally talk to a hiring manager and they ask you everything Interviewer #1 & 2#2 asks. Make a good impression because this is the person who's gonna offer you a job.

At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me a position, explained the pay and benefits, and had me sign some paperwork. Next day, they sent me the computer offer that included request for info on background check as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2017.

Interview

Made it to manager interview waiting on email for confirmation on when to start. It was longer process than I thought it would be. Can't wait to start. Great company and benefits.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Wednesday, had a phone interview that Friday, and was scheduled for an interview the following Monday. On Monday, I took a computer test, which I passed, then had an interview with HR, which I also thought went ok, except for the situational questions that I can never answer very well. Then I was asked to do a role play phone exercise. You have 20 minutes to read information on a company you supposedly work for and the HR person calls and you have to help them with their questions. This was pretty easy for me. After that, I had to sit with a CSR and listen in on calls for about 20 minutes, and then was interviewed by someone else. After that, someone else came out and talked to me for a few minutes. All told, I was there for 5 hours. They told me I would be emailed in a day or two with their decision and got a rejection email after 4 days.

Interview Questions

• I don't think this was exactly the question but "Think of a specific time you had to deal with an irate customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Filled out application on a Thursday night, received an email on Friday morning for a face to face. Set up interview for following Tuesday. First Step: Sat with interviewer (passed) second step: Role Play (passed). Came back on Friday to complete interview which consisted of sitting side by side with a rep and listening to 3-4 calls and lastly having an interview with the hiring manager who after roughly 20 minutes, hired me on the spot.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Apply online. Correspondence through email. Computer and typing test. Mock interview/rollplay. Listen to calls with real agent. Interview with upper management. It was a very long process (6 hours in one day)

Interview Questions

• Asking about specific times you were able to bring something to the table at your previous job. I.E. training someone, how you handed a certain situation, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in June 2017.

Interview

I received an email requesting me to schedule a phone interview, shortly after submitting my application. The lady I spoke with was very nice. Next is a computer based, multitasking test, which leads to a second interview, if passed.

Interview Questions

• If we contact your most recent employer, how would they describe your attendance in the last 12 months?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

If you read any of the other reviews regarding the process, it's exactly the same.
    First you schedule a phone interview, which is pretty easy and straight forward, and if the person interviewing you on the phone likes you then you move on to doing a assessment. I scheduled my assessment for the very next day. The assessment consists of answering phone calls and emails and entering the information given to you into different categories, it tests how well you are at multi-tasking. Then you also have to take a typing test which is based off how fast you type and the amount of errors you make. Overall the assessment was pretty easy.
    After that then you get called in to do a face to face interview, if you passed the assessment, and if the person doing your face to face interview thinks your answers were satisfactory then you move on to role playing. For the role play section you're escorted into a room and given 20 minutes to read a couple of pages detailing a made up company and a customer sheet. Your interviewer calls you after your 20 minutes are up and pretends to be one of the customers on your sheet. Overall this was the hardest part of the interviewing process because I've never worked in any type of call center before, but I believe as long as you did the basics of what you were supposed to do, such as verifying the made up customer's phone number, offering them a certain service, staying calm, and etc, then overall you will probably pass.
    After I finished this part my interviewer told me I had passed and a employee from customer service would escort me to another employee who i could shadow.Basically, you just listen in onto another employee's phone calls and listen to the process they have to go through while also getting a feel for the environment you'd be working in. You do this for about a hour and then the manager of that section will come get you to do your final interview since they will decide whether or not you fit within their team.
    Overall the entire interview process took me 6 hours to complete.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, then if you pass you are asked to come in for a typing test. If you pass the typing test then you are left in a room and you are given mock calls and see how you answer them. If you pass all these steps you see the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped a customer in the past.   1 Answer