GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Oct 21, 2017

3.3

329 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It was very drawn out and extremely detailed which I can understand. First I did a phone interview, assessment, in person interview, another assessment, observed an employee, and a final interview. I was there for roughly 5 hours and the last interview went not so good. The manager kept asking me why I was willing to take a pay cut and how over qualified I was for the job and how he could to be sure I was not going to be offered a better job somewhere else.

Interview Questions

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I filled out my application online and within 48 hrs I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. If you pass the phone interview you're invited to come in and take the assessment (typing & multitasking). After successfully passing the assessment you then will be invited to do a face to face interview with HR. After passing the HR interview, you now have to do a Role play! The role play was the HARDEST. If you pass the role play you'll shadow with someone in the department you're interviewing for, then you'll have am interview with the hiring manager. That's when you'll find out if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Multi step process. 1. Application 2. Phone Interview to confirm schedule is a match, and job is a good fit 3. Testing 4. Interview with hiring team and role play 5. Job preview with a employee 6. Manager interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

1)Computer test-typing
    2)Face to Face interview-30 minutes
    3)More indepth questions about previous work history and scenario style questions
    4)Role-Play
    5) Set with rep for and hour to get a feel for what they do
    6)Final interview with Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone interview. It went well then I was emailed for a f2f interview and I scheduled that the following day. The lady in the counter set me and 2 other people, one girl and one guy in a room where we took a typing test and a multi-tasking test. There was a practice round, and the actual test itself. I bombed the first part, but did excellently on the next... The girl was sent home and I overheard the lady say she'll email her about the next steps. Then another woman comes out and says congratulations to me and the guy and I was picked up by interviewer #1. Asked basic questions like Why should we hire you? Have you ever worked in a goal oriented environment? What are your qualifications? What roles prepared you for this job? Why Geico? -- Then did roleplay. Interviewer left me in a room with a packet to study of a fake company to see well how you would deal with customers on the phone. It was pretty nerve wrecking. Everything you need to know is on the papers and how you handle it is entirely up to you. If you pass that, you get interview #2, then if that person likes you, they place you with a CSR to listen in to their calls to make sure you know what you're getting yourself in to. After that you finally talk to a hiring manager and they ask you everything Interviewer #1 & 2#2 asks. Make a good impression because this is the person who's gonna offer you a job.

At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me a position, explained the pay and benefits, and had me sign some paperwork. Next day, they sent me the computer offer that included request for info on background check as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2017.

Interview

Made it to manager interview waiting on email for confirmation on when to start. It was longer process than I thought it would be. Can't wait to start. Great company and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in August 2017.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to schedule a phone interview. The phone interview was brief, about 20 minutes, and the woman scheduled a day for me to go in and take a typing/skills test. After passing that I had an interview with a woman for about 30 minutes and after that we did a role play. I passed the interview and role play and after that I was taken with a Geico employee to shadow her while she worked for about an hour. I finally had one finale interview with the hiring manager and after the interview she let me know I got the job. The entire process took about 5 hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you handle a difficult customer in your previous job?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in August 2017.

Interview

I applied online on a Wednesday, had a phone interview that Friday, and was scheduled for an interview the following Monday. On Monday, I took a computer test, which I passed, then had an interview with HR, which I also thought went ok, except for the situational questions that I can never answer very well. Then I was asked to do a role play phone exercise. You have 20 minutes to read information on a company you supposedly work for and the HR person calls and you have to help them with their questions. This was pretty easy for me. After that, I had to sit with a CSR and listen in on calls for about 20 minutes, and then was interviewed by someone else. After that, someone else came out and talked to me for a few minutes. All told, I was there for 5 hours. They told me I would be emailed in a day or two with their decision and got a rejection email after 4 days.

Interview Questions

• I don't think this was exactly the question but "Think of a specific time you had to deal with an irate customer and what did you do to resolve the situation?"   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Filled out application on a Thursday night, received an email on Friday morning for a face to face. Set up interview for following Tuesday. First Step: Sat with interviewer (passed) second step: Role Play (passed). Came back on Friday to complete interview which consisted of sitting side by side with a rep and listening to 3-4 calls and lastly having an interview with the hiring manager who after roughly 20 minutes, hired me on the spot.