GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2017.

Interview

I had a pre employment testing session that I participated in. It was a computer test on how well you retain information about insurance claims in a fast paced call center. There was also a typing test to see how fast your wpm is.

Interview Questions

• I did not make it to the actual interview with the recruiters.   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2017.

Interview

First, I applied online. After about a week, I received an email to choose a time for a computer test. Went in for the test, super easy. You put a headset on and listen to fake customers and click things on the computer they need. At the end there's a typing test, easy. Everyone in the computer testing room passed. Then, we were called up one by one to schedule an interview with HR. I scheduled for the following week. Arrived that day, got there 20 minutes early, waited 20 minutes past my appointment time. Unprofessional, but it happens, there were lots of people there and only a few HR people. Finally get called in to her cubicle, which is kind of distracting in the first place because you can hear everyone around you interviewing or workers talking on the phone. The interview was actually really easy though, routine questions, a couple of situation questions. Then, came the phone roleplay. I've worked in customer service but this was just totally different than real life. It was honestly extremely awkward. You get about 15 minutes to study six customer profiles and the company's story. On the print out, they give you situation questions that customers may ask when they call, but of course they don't ask those specifically. The HR lady calls the phone and pretends to be a certain customer, you have to quickly flip through all the pages to figure out the best way to handle the situation because you're supposed to say similar things to what's on the paper. Of course, it went tragically for me and after the roleplay she took me back to her office, asked a couple more questions, then told me they would notify me if I was moved on to the next round of interviews. I knew right then that I hadn't been selected, based on previous reviews I have read of the interview process.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to deal with an upset customer. How did you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I filled out my application online and within 48 hrs I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. If you pass the phone interview you're invited to come in and take the assessment (typing & multitasking). After successfully passing the assessment you then will be invited to do a face to face interview with HR. After passing the HR interview, you now have to do a Role play! The role play was the HARDEST. If you pass the role play you'll shadow with someone in the department you're interviewing for, then you'll have am interview with the hiring manager. That's when you'll find out if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in September 2013.

Interview

First you have a phone interview. Followed by a computer typing test, how many wpm, mistakes, etc. They cull several at this point. From there you take a computer personality test. If you pass, you have an interview with an individual. If you pass it, you are then taken to participate it a live role play of three phone calls. Pass and you move on to another interview. Pass this interview and you will shadow an employee to see if you enjoy the job. Meet again with the manager and they will give you the details. You must still pass a lengthy background check as well as a drug test.

Interview Questions

• Questions vary; best worst job. Best/worst experience.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in August 2017.

Interview

Made it to manager interview waiting on email for confirmation on when to start. It was longer process than I thought it would be. Can't wait to start. Great company and benefits.

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone interview. It went well then I was emailed for a f2f interview and I scheduled that the following day. The lady in the counter set me and 2 other people, one girl and one guy in a room where we took a typing test and a multi-tasking test. There was a practice round, and the actual test itself. I bombed the first part, but did excellently on the next... The girl was sent home and I overheard the lady say she'll email her about the next steps. Then another woman comes out and says congratulations to me and the guy and I was picked up by interviewer #1. Asked basic questions like Why should we hire you? Have you ever worked in a goal oriented environment? What are your qualifications? What roles prepared you for this job? Why Geico? -- Then did roleplay. Interviewer left me in a room with a packet to study of a fake company to see well how you would deal with customers on the phone. It was pretty nerve wrecking. Everything you need to know is on the papers and how you handle it is entirely up to you. If you pass that, you get interview #2, then if that person likes you, they place you with a CSR to listen in to their calls to make sure you know what you're getting yourself in to. After that you finally talk to a hiring manager and they ask you everything Interviewer #1 & 2#2 asks. Make a good impression because this is the person who's gonna offer you a job.

At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me a position, explained the pay and benefits, and had me sign some paperwork. Next day, they sent me the computer offer that included request for info on background check as well.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Apply online. Correspondence through email. Computer and typing test. Mock interview/rollplay. Listen to calls with real agent. Interview with upper management. It was a very long process (6 hours in one day)

Interview Questions

• Asking about specific times you were able to bring something to the table at your previous job. I.E. training someone, how you handed a certain situation, etc.   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, then if you pass you are asked to come in for a typing test. If you pass the typing test then you are left in a room and you are given mock calls and see how you answer them. If you pass all these steps you see the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped a customer in the past.   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in August 2016.

Interview

Phone interview. Go in for real interview. Typing test first. Real interview. Role play. Interview with a manager or supervisor in my case. Get the job. Training is intense. If you don't already have your P&C license, they'll pay for you to get it. Takes about a week. Make sure you study and pay attention closely. Once that's passed, you got in for GEICO training. Takes about 3 months. Just pay attention and do your best. Do not be afraid to ask questions. Training is the time to mess up. Once that's done, you'll go out to transition before the floor. Basically the floor but with support to help with questions you might have and coaches to help you perform better. Everything is number based and calls into a category. Calls per day, quality, surveys, and referrals. This changes sometimes so it may not be the same anymore by the time you get there. If you have great numbers, you'll get a promotion by the end of transition. Then you go to the floor.

Interview Questions

• Are you okay to work 4pm to 12am?   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Filled out application on a Thursday night, received an email on Friday morning for a face to face. Set up interview for following Tuesday. First Step: Sat with interviewer (passed) second step: Role Play (passed). Came back on Friday to complete interview which consisted of sitting side by side with a rep and listening to 3-4 calls and lastly having an interview with the hiring manager who after roughly 20 minutes, hired me on the spot.