GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Jan 14, 2018

3.3

345 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

Very long process with many steps and deep questioning in a friendly manor. First, they need to make an initial phone call, then if you pass, you go in and take a typing test and if you pass that you will have a general interview and if you pass you will go to another interview where the questions go deeper.

Interview Questions

• If you had an irate customer on the line, how would you handle the situation?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 8+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

-online personality test
    -2 on site exams; typing and role play
    -interview with recruiter
    After filling out the online application I took the personality test. A few days later I was invited to do onsite testing. After I passed the onsite tests I was sent in for an interview with a recruiter. After the interview I was told that I would receive a phone call the following day or a rejection email. About Two business days later I received the rejection email.
    I'm not sure why I didn't get a position. I have customer service experience, a four year degree, and I passed the exams.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2017.

Interview

Be Prepared to be there all day. My interview was at 1015am and i didnt leave until almost 5pm. When you first get there your greeted by security and you sign in then they call you and a couple of other ppl into a room with computers. They give you head sets and tell you to start the test. The test is two different things. The first part is they want to see if you can learn a system for a fake company quickly READ THE INSTRUSTIONS! thats what helped me. I know someone who failed it twice so read it then play along with it before times runs out before the actual test starts. When that starts they dont expect you to do all of them beacuse its impossible just do as much and as fast as you can. Then the second part of the test is a typing test. Most ppl only finish about 1 to 2 sentences so dont freak out. Then when your done a lady comes in the room if she calls your name you didnt pass. The next part of the interview is the acutual interview they ask you alot of questions starting with your previous jobs then your personality etc. You do this for like 30 to 45 mins. Then next part is role playing which was the toughest part. They sit you in a room by your self with a phone highlighters pen paper and a packet that has a fake company info. They give you 20 minutes to study it. They want to see how you sound on the phone and if you can learn fast. Then someone calls the phone and you have to pick it up and answer it like the company wants. The customer calls and you have to answer whatever questions they ask. If you pass this one you go on to sitting side by side with an actual agent for 1 hr and listen. Make sure you pay attention the next part they ask you questions about it. After that they sit you with a hiring manager for like 30 - 45 minutes and she ask you almost the same questions as the person before. If you get the job they will tell you right after they speak with their boss that same moment after speaking with you. If you get the job then its the drug test.

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years   1 Answer
    • Why do you want to work at Geico   Answer Question
    • How man UNSCHEDLED work days in a year did you have at your previous job   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It was very drawn out and extremely detailed which I can understand. First I did a phone interview, assessment, in person interview, another assessment, observed an employee, and a final interview. I was there for roughly 5 hours and the last interview went not so good. The manager kept asking me why I was willing to take a pay cut and how over qualified I was for the job and how he could to be sure I was not going to be offered a better job somewhere else.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Katy, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Katy, TX) in October 2017.

Interview

Longggggg longggggg longggg About 6 Hours made it to the role playing and my interview stopped right after passed the typing test , passed the 1st interview the role play was very confusing you get 30 mins to read bout what you expected to and then it starts your doing it for an hour she came to the room and told me I would receive a call if I was picked but I just received an email saying I didn’t get the job

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I filled out my application online and within 48 hrs I was emailed to set up a phone interview. The phone interview was pretty simple. If you pass the phone interview you're invited to come in and take the assessment (typing & multitasking). After successfully passing the assessment you then will be invited to do a face to face interview with HR. After passing the HR interview, you now have to do a Role play! The role play was the HARDEST. If you pass the role play you'll shadow with someone in the department you're interviewing for, then you'll have am interview with the hiring manager. That's when you'll find out if you got the job.

Anonymous Employee in Tucson, AZ

Application

The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Tucson, AZ).

Interview

Multi step process. 1. Application 2. Phone Interview to confirm schedule is a match, and job is a good fit 3. Testing 4. Interview with hiring team and role play 5. Job preview with a employee 6. Manager interview

Anonymous Employee in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in September 2017.

Interview

1)Computer test-typing
    2)Face to Face interview-30 minutes
    3)More indepth questions about previous work history and scenario style questions
    4)Role-Play
    5) Set with rep for and hour to get a feel for what they do
    6)Final interview with Hiring Manager

Interview Questions

• Where do you see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA).

Interview

Applied online and got a call for a phone interview. It went well then I was emailed for a f2f interview and I scheduled that the following day. The lady in the counter set me and 2 other people, one girl and one guy in a room where we took a typing test and a multi-tasking test. There was a practice round, and the actual test itself. I bombed the first part, but did excellently on the next... The girl was sent home and I overheard the lady say she'll email her about the next steps. Then another woman comes out and says congratulations to me and the guy and I was picked up by interviewer #1. Asked basic questions like Why should we hire you? Have you ever worked in a goal oriented environment? What are your qualifications? What roles prepared you for this job? Why Geico? -- Then did roleplay. Interviewer left me in a room with a packet to study of a fake company to see well how you would deal with customers on the phone. It was pretty nerve wrecking. Everything you need to know is on the papers and how you handle it is entirely up to you. If you pass that, you get interview #2, then if that person likes you, they place you with a CSR to listen in to their calls to make sure you know what you're getting yourself in to. After that you finally talk to a hiring manager and they ask you everything Interviewer #1 & 2#2 asks. Make a good impression because this is the person who's gonna offer you a job.

At the end of the interview, the hiring manager offered me a position, explained the pay and benefits, and had me sign some paperwork. Next day, they sent me the computer offer that included request for info on background check as well.