GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated Dec 1, 2017

3.3

339 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Long process and disappointing. I applied online and got an email in 2 days for a phone interview. They just asked a few questions and scheduled a computer assessment. I went and gave it and passed. They then scheduled a face to face interview the next day. They asked a lot of critical questions and said there would be a 6 month training and not to worry about me learning also because I was already a university student. After the face to face interview was done, they took me to a room where I had to receive calls from customers and handle the wrong situations such as complaints, sarcasm, yelling etc. It was called role playing. I must say it was very overwhelming. I felt like I handled it well. My interviewer kept on telling me they do not expect me to be an expert and I will get my 6 months of training which meant not to worry. After the role playing, there was a final interview over the phone. My interviewer then informed me that my information will be sent to the hiring team. I waited 4 days and received an email saying "Thank you again for your interest in GEICO. unfortunately you are not selected for this position. Your information was carefully considered. Please note that you may reapply again in 6 months". I still don't get why I did not get the job. I felt good with the face to face interview and also the role playing part. They didn't precisely note what was the problem. The only explanation was "your information was carefully considered." I am disappointed and very confused.

Interview Questions

• Can you tell me a time when you gave a customer a solution and they were not happy with it? What did you do to satisfy them?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied online, got an email inviting me to take the test, had an interview like a week later, did role playing the same day, had to come back to shadow the next day, after shadowing had another interview with floor manager. It was more than I ever experienced but it wasn't bad. Just remain calm and do your best. It really is easy.

Interview Questions

• Explain a time when you had to deal with a difficult customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • How did you handle constructive criticism from a supervisor?   Answer Question
    • Explain a job where you had goals/quota to reach, how did you do? (I'm paraphrasing)   Answer Question

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

I haven't actually interviewed yet but I did take the online assessment and then the pre-employment test, that I passed. Now i'm just waiting on my interview. Hopefully it goes well because I have reax aboug the role playing which im not good at

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2017.

Interview

Was emailed a day after applying for an over the phone interview. After the phone interview I was scheduled for testing at the business the next morning. I went in and took computer test, role play test where you answer calls, and multitasking. Was told that I would receive a call by the end of the week

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time when a customer was unhappy with their service and what did you do to make the situation better?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Poway, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I first took assessment test and passed. Then I went to interview room where I was asked basic interview questions. Then they had me take cold calls, I was given company info and other instructions for handling calls. Studied info for 20 min then they started calling. This was hard and I blew it.

Interview Questions

• Why I choose them to work for?   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Interview

It was quite long I was told to be there for 4 hours but it was almost six it's definitely a long process I waited a while before the interview began first they have you do a computer assembly then you wait again to wit for your results if you pass you'll meet with a manager

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

It took a min.. But the outcome was well worth it.. She asked a lot of questions which made me a little nervous but at the end I got hired

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

Typing test, multitasking test, and then interview
    Asked question about previous employer and my availibility and if I was available to start on the date requested
    They typing test and multitask test were pretty quick

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in December 2016.

Interview

After applying online I received an email to schedule a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked general questions about the dates of my previous employment and why i left etc. I was also asked how many days I was late or absent in the last week, which was none. Then I was scheduled for testing and in-person interviews. Firstly you take an online multi-tasking simulation and then a WPM test- this was pretty straight forward and almost everybody passed. Then I went on to interview with an HR Representative, that went well and I was asked behavioral type questions. Once that was done I did a job simulation where you receive a packet of information on a fictitious company and you are then called with fake problems. This was really stressful and honestly I found myself kind of confused about what I should be doing with my "paperwork" etc. It didn't really go well at all and I didn't move on.

Anonymous Employee in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN).

Interview

The interview process consisted of a brief phone interview followed by a computer assesment where you demonstrate multitasking and typing abilities. Next is an interview by recruiter lasting about 45 minutes. Next is role playing answering calls for a servicing company. Then you shadow a customer service rep for an hour. Finally you interview with a hiring manager.