GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Customer Service Representative Interview Questions

Updated May 15, 2017

3.3

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL).

Interview

It was pretty good, typing test, one on one interview. Phone Test on how well you handle you self. That was about all they did. The interview took a few hours.

Interview Questions

• How did you handed a upset customers? How did you make them want to stay?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Customer Service Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The interview process starts with an assessment test. It is a multi tasking and typing assessment, it has two parts. You listen to recordings and read emails and input information in a fake program for a fake insurance company, the second part just tests your typing.
    After passing the assessment someone interviews you. After the interview you do a role play where you get phone calls about a fake insurance company. Next you shadow someone on the floor. Then FINALLY you have the last interview. Took over 6 hours. Bring a snack!

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in June 2016.

Interview

Applied online received an email saying take a 30min personality test and then schedule a day to come in for testing that would take about an hour. Went in for the hour testing about 3 days later. The test was a fake companies database and a typing test. It was easy, but you have to be computer savvy. Then I had a one on one interview. She passed me on to the next level which was shadowing a current employee in the call center for the department I would be working in and then having a follow up interview with 2 managers.

Interview Questions

• When was a time you had to meet a quota?   Answer Question
    • When was a time you had to persuade a customer to buy something and did they?   Answer Question
    • Why GEICO?   Answer Question
    • Have you ever been in a restricted environment? because we basically plan your day down to the last second.   Answer Question
    • After shadowing do you think this is a good fit for you?   Answer Question
    • What other places have you been applying to?   Answer Question

Negotiation

No negotiation. They send you an email stating exactly how much they will start you off with and the schedule you will have for the three month training period and following it.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Indianapolis, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Indianapolis, IN) in June 2016.

Interview

First a phone interview, then the multitasking screening followed by the first interview and role playing. I was offered to go on to the final interview but the process had so far taken three hours, so I rescheduled for the following week. Well my car overheated on my way to the second interview and I broke down on the interstate. (worst of luck...) I called to reschedule and they said it was no problem. I went on to the final interview which was prefaced by an hour of shadowing someone on the job. The manager seemed pleased enough but when they called I didn't get an offer. Pretty disappointed considering I got all the way to the end after all those hours spent interviewing... And it did look like a job I'd like.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work in customer service?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in May 2016.

Interview

I filled out the app online the next day I receive an email that I have been selected to do a pre employment test that requires a typing test and navigating through different screens.. If you are computer savvy you will pass this part.. Then next they ask me to come back to do a HR interview.. With in the interview I answer typical interview questions. Then I did a role play with the HR manger they give you a some papers that has a fake company you answer the call and try to help the cx the best way! I passed that part and I went on to do the job shadow and then another interview with the department mangers.. Wowed them with my personality and they offer me the job on the spot..

Interview Questions

Negotiation

There was no negotiation but they start off with a good pay

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in May 2016.

Interview

After filing out the application I received an email wanting me to set up a time for a phone interview. During the phone interview I was asked to come in for testing. All the slots were filed so I had to push mine back a couple of weeks. Once I came in for testing I had to do a typing test and a job simulation test. After passing those tests the nest step was a one on one interview. That was about 45 minutes long. Consisted of asking questions from a packet and the interviewer writing my answers down.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Iowa City, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Iowa City, IA) in May 2016.

Interview

They called me to set up a phone interview within 12 hours of applying for the job (I applied at 10pm online). I had my phone interview the same day and was invited to an in person interview. The in person interview took FOUR HOURS. It was super long, but it was super easy, and I only wish they could cut down how long it is because it's really annoying to interview for four hours. They make you take a typing test that they don't expect you to finish (I did though, it's easy) and then they did a few roleplays which were awkward but easy.

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for Geico?   1 Answer

I interviewed because I was mostly just applying for jobs in desperation of being jobless, but since it was a 2 month weight before I'd start working/training, I declined their job offer after initially accepting when something else came along that allowed me to start immediately.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in May 2016.

Interview

I applied online for a customer service position. I then filled out a questionnaire and got an e-mail the next morning saying there were better qualified candidates when I have two degrees and the minimum requirement was a high school diploma.

Interview Questions

• Have you ever been in a situation where you didn't like the work you preformed?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in Lakeland, FL

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online took the personality test, then got an email to schedule an phone interview then after the phone interview i was asked to come in to take multi tasking test if i passed then i would continue on to a face to face interview. which I did then continue with a simulation exercise that then got me to continue on with sitting with a representative for about 2 hours then having my very final interview with the Manager which offered me the job right on the spot.

Interview Questions

Negotiation

very easy

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in April 2016.

Interview

Applied online and got an email within a day about coming in and taking a computer assessment there. The entire assessment and easy to finish despite them telling you you may not finish it all. The assessment was a simulation system and you received "phone calls" and "emails" and sort them into 1 of 3 categories which they tell you which ones, and then fill in the blank on customer information. Then after that you do a typing test where you copy the paragraph they have for you as far as you can. And you do this twice. After that I had an interview with a manager in a separate room. He asked me basic questions such as "How did you handle a difficult customer one time" or "tell me about a time you went above and beyond for a customer". The manager told me he'd look over my info and give me a call in a week.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about a time you had a difficult customer and how did you handle it   Answer Question