GEICO Interview Questions in Dallas-Fort Worth, TX | Glassdoor

3.3

111 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in August 2017.

Interview

Seems most on here have about the same setup, in regards to the process and seems to vary a little by states too. This was mine.
    1. Applied online
    2. Received a email in 2 days asking me to do the online assessments.
    3. Follow day had a email for request to schedule a phone interview.
    4. 2 days later had the phone interview. (15-20) minutes General interview questions.
    5. Was told after interview I should here for someone with 1-2 weeks for a face to face.
    6. Was contacted by a local manager for the F2F in under 2 hours after the phone interview.
    7. F2F interview took about 45 minutes to an hour while he filled out paper work packet.
    8. At the end of interview I was offered to come back after the weekend for Role-play.
    9. Role play lasted about 2 hours including a 30 minute lesson on cassette.
    10. Now In waiting mode, but did have a hiring manager leave a message today, that I missed.

Interview Questions

• Pretty in-depth questions was surprises a bit by the , have you applied for other jobs? Role play was the most intense, but like others stay calm carry on and do your best at customer service.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in July 2017.

Interview

First contact months before final interview. Online testing (Longer than projected) - 1st interview at least 4 hours with additional, 2nd interview (sat with CSR trainer for 1 hour, interview 1 hour) - details---
    ((1st Online testing more a personality quiz at home, time "estimated" was off by about 1 hour, made it through that -then email saying wanted for in office testing (timed testing) plus another hour of made testing (with made up claims, angry folks calling, and more questions) additional interviews with multiple pages of questions (2 folks 4-6 pages each) and notes made, made it through all that "congratulations" (this was the 1st 4 hours) - problem with scheduling but was told that they had a September class that I could do and would be contacted later. Later contacted and 2nd interview set up - One more person to meet/face to face (manager) and sitting with a CSR agent to see if I would like the job (not wasted time as was told September class available).

2nd date/interview - After being escorted to call center - sat with a very professional CRS agent, great calls, felt great. Then Met with the young male manager. Everything seemed to go great. Money was talked about agreed to, asked if I would be in the September class, then told by Young manager that he would check with other managers for more questions-he got up/left/came back after I sat there another 5 or so minutes. Said other managers had No additional questions Said ok. Ready. He indicated we were complete - I thought that a letter was being prepared to send me. As got up with manager to leave, was asked if I wanted to take stairs or elevator. Said Elevator (stepped on rock in parking area and foot sore). Walked out to check out with guard. Hours spent on research, testing, I thought connections with folks, after all that, a FORM letter with thank you but "no" was sent to me. Apply again in 6 months if I want to. Seriously - personally I was shocked.

Was it because of my age, a bit overweight, did I answer something wrong (elevator vs stairs), (I actually feel it was age discrimination by GEICO). 6-8 hours of my time face time, nothing. Shocked at the unprofessionalism of GEICO. BLEH!

Interview Questions

• Why do you want to work for GEICO?   1 Answer

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

So my entire process for the CSR position for geico was about two days . I had to do a phone interview first and then I was invited to come in and do some testing which consisted of a typing test and a multitasking test as well . I was able to past those both . Next would be meeting with the recruiter and doing 3 different role playing test over the phone . I passed that as well with flying colors ! After that the recruiter asked me to come in the next day to do some shadowing on the floor and meet with the hiring manager . I shadowed the employee for about 45 minutes to an hour and the hiring manager took me in her office and asked me a couple questions about my experience & skills after that she discussed compensation , training times , & state licensing . Then she told me that the recruiter would call me to let me know what time to come in to meet the district manager for my 4th interview ! I didnt receive a call instead I received an email saying I did not get the position

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First you get a phone interview, then if you pass you are asked to come in for a typing test. If you pass the typing test then you are left in a room and you are given mock calls and see how you answer them. If you pass all these steps you see the hiring manager.

Interview Questions

• How have you helped a customer in the past.   1 Answer

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in May 2017.

Interview

Probably one of the hardest interviews that I've experienced. Basically if you don't have any call service experience (like me) this will be a little difficult.

You start off by taking a simulation which was pretty easy and then after that you do a WPM test which was also very easy. Mostly everyone in my group passed. We then wait outside until a hiring manager is ready to interview us. My name was last to be called so I was waiting for atleast 15-20 minutes. I went in and they asked me regular interview questions, my interviewer never smiled which made me more nervous but he told me that i passed that part... he told me to wait in the office and he would come back. Once he called me back he handed me a package of a fake company and had to study the company and also 5 papers of different fake customers. I had to study for 20 minutes. After 20 minutes I got a phone call to basically do a call service role play. really over whelming, I had no idea what I was doing and I couldn't even ask questions. It was really embarrassing over the phone because it was so many things I had to remember in a short amount of time....Probably one of the most stressful things I've ever done to get a job. So like I said if you have call service experience you should ACE this part with no problems, for me, it was another story.

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I made it through to the role play assessment. It was very strange and had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I was disappointed at first that I didn't pass the role play, but then decided it was an unfair test and I probably wouldn't have been happy there after all.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the phone interview was describe a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Fort Worth, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Fort Worth, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was definitely complex and in depth, however, you have to consider that by hiring someone they are essentially signing on to pay someone's salary for a few months to ship them off to very in depth training before they start making the company money. They want to be very sure that person they hire is right for the job. Overall, it was a hard process but reasonable. My best advise: be confident in who you are and what you're about. Be 100% sure that you know what this job is and why you want the position. Do your research, learn about Geico, learn about the job. This isn't the kind of job you pursue just cause the pay is good, you need to be passionate about this kind of work and this specific company. But really, at the end of the day throughout the 4 interviews (including a really stressful role playing interview) the bottom line is, once you have done your research about the company and are sure this is the job for you, present yourself with complete confidence and you will do well. I genuinely look forward to launching my career with Geico.

Interview Questions

• Why do we need adjuster's rather than just having mechanics adjust claims and complete repairs?   Answer Question

Inside Auto Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in April 2017.

Interview

After completing the application I received an email inviting me to come to the facility and take a series of assessments. There were dates/times available for the following week. On the day I selected I arrived at the facility where there were 20+ people taking assessments for a variety of positions. The tests were timed and assessed typing speed and ability to type in customer information from a series of simulated calls. For those who passed the assessment (which seemed to be all but 2-3 people), you were invited to wait in the lobby for an interview. There were many Geico employees calling people back for interviews. Not many of them seemed to be HR professionals but instead seemed to be regular employees that were doing the interviewing simply because of the number of people. Most of the "interviewers" were dressed very casually in jeans and sandals. To be fair most of the people being interviewed were dressed very casually as well. Only myself and two other candidates, were dressed in professional attire (suit, blazer/dress pants). Additionally, most of the candidates seemed to be in their 20's which made me a little self-conscious considering I'm knocking on 40's door. When it was my turn for the interview a young lady walked me back to a cubicle. My interview took place in the middle of the work floor with employees taking calls on either side of my interviewer's cubicle. To be fair I knew I had a few hurdles to overcome. I just relocated from across the country and quite honestly I need a job quickly and this is a field where I have plenty of transferable skills but no actual work history in the industry. Also, because I have been running my own (profitable) business for the past five years my "interviewer" seemed to have prejudged me as not being a good candidate. The interview lasted less than ten minutes and I was told that I would receive a phone call for next steps. I knew at this point that they were not going to move forward based on research I did about the process prior to the interview. It was confirmed when she walked me to the door and I saw another gentleman who had been called to interview before me, waiting again in the lobby for what I assume to be his second interview. What frustrated me was that a few days later I received an email to schedule a phone interview. I was surprised but scheduled it and spent plenty of time preparing for it. On the day of the interview I was called 15 minutes after the scheduled time only to receive a call from a woman saying it was a mistake for me to have received that email and that there was no need for the phone interview because I was already "in process." Ouch. Talk about a double blow to my ego. Of course a few days later I received the "thanks but no thanks" email. Overall I thought the experience was an unorganized mess and the interviewers were not trained HR professionals.

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There were many steps to the process in which I respect; Typing text, written test, interview by an HR person, followed by an interview by a Manager. There also was a part where you shadowed a current employee to see if the job fit's your career goals.

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in March 2017.

Interview

The interview process was easy. I did the application and was immediately sent an assessment email. The assessments were not fun at all. But I passed. Two days later i was emailed for a phone interview for the following day. Questions were simple, just job experience and why you want to be an adjuster. Two days later I was scheduled for another phone interview. These questions were more situational. The following day I received a call from a manager and invited me in to do role play. As others have said it's 30 minutes listening to a cd with the same verbiage in from off you. You have 5 minutes to go over it, and there are 5 simple scenarios. The scenarios were not hard at all. Ppl say it's hard but honestly you don't have to rush, don't go super slow, but it's ok to make small talk with the customer while you look through papers. They leave the packet and the info in the packet is not even needed. Just be calm and enthusiastic