GEICO Emerging Leaders Program Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Emerging Leaders Program Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

2.8

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2013.

Interview

Met a representative at a job fair and was invited to a 1:1 interview the next day.

After that, I had a Skype interview with corporate and was then invited to come in to their headquarters in Maryland for a final round interview. I decided to discontinue the interview process at this point.

Interview Questions

• What do you think is most important factor when deciding on an insurance rate for a vehicle: the location of the vehicle, the age of the driver, or the make of the vehicle?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2013.

Interview

I filled out my application on-line and a couple days later I was emailed about setting up a phone interview. The phone interview was straight forward. Questions: Why I wanted to work for Geico, what job did I have now, what activities did I take part in in school. I then had another phone interview with one of the managers of the program and the interview was the same as the first interview.

A week later I had to do a video interview over the computer. I was given a question and had 30 seconds to think about what I was going to say then I had to record my answer. There was about 15 questions I had to answer. Video interview was different and a little tough. Two weeks after that I had to take a personality test on-line which was basic. Then the next week I had to take a reasoning test on-line.

Two weeks later I was invited to interview in person in D.C. with some of the company officers. The interview questions were questions you usually get during a job interview. While I was there I had to take another reasoning test. This reasoning test was similar to the LSAT type questions.

Two week after that I went to interview at the office I was going to be located. I interviewed with a few different mangers at the location. My last interview was with the officers of the location. Both of these interviews were basic interview questions with the majority of the question about my leadership skills.

The interview and hiring process was extremely long, but very enjoyable. Whole process took 3 months. Process is so long because this position is very challenging.

Interview Questions

• Unexpected question was during the video interview. Was asked name three things that make your hometown special.   1 Answer

Negotiation

I was given an offer and I did not negotiate because I was very happy with what I was given.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

The process starts with a phone interview with a general recruiter. They then transfer your information to an ELP manager. The next step is then to complete a recorded interview question session. This was the most difficult part of the process. After that you take a personality based test with 100 questions or so. Overall there is not anything too difficult. The recorded interview really lets them get to know you without having to travel, which was convenient but also more of a challenge.

Interview Questions

• The most difficult part of the process was the recorded interview session. There was a limited amount of time to read and answer each question. Once you answered, you could not review your responses.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I was approached by Geico via LinkedIn during my senior year of college to be a participant of the Emerging Leaders Program, a rotational program where following 1.5-2 years of training in different departments I would be a low-level manager somewhere in the company. The interviews were all going well and there was nothing unusual at all. I went through one short introductory phone call and a second, longer phone-interview before being asked to come in for an in-person interview.

I was told HR would call to setup the interview and after 2 weeks I had heard nothing. I called to check in and was told it was in the works. Then out of the blue a week later a Geico HR rep calls and tells me that my interview is the next day in Maryland at 11:00am. Keep in mind I was in school at the time, over 2 hours away, and still taking classes full time. With proper notification I certainly could have addressed the scheduling concerns but with such short notice it was impossible.

I told them I would not be able to make it and that I would need to reschedule. After proposing some times (and again waiting nearly 2 weeks) I had a gut feeling this was not the right job for me. I called before hearing back from them to let them know I was withdrawing my name from consideration. Over the next 24 hours I received 3 calls from increasing levels of management telling me how I was a "liar", "disrespecting their program", and more. The last person to call - one of the regional directors - actually tried to pull the "You can't quit, you're fired" routine and let me know that I was no longer allowed to interview, even though I'd already told them I didn't want to.

It was a very strange experience and while the initial recruiter was very pleasant and professional everything following was strange, rude, and uncalled for. I would be careful working for Geico as it seems some of the people in middle management will react poorly if their ego isn't stroked.

Interview Questions

• There were no difficult questions in either of the phone interviews . Just the old classics: "Where do you see yourself in 5 years?" etc.   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Interview

I was contacted by a recruiter and then scheduled a phone interview that was about thirty minutes. The interview consisted of simple STAR method questions. I I then heard back within 3 days about their decision

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied online for the Leadership Management Program, when I had my initial phone interview the interviewer said I could possibly qualify for the Emerging leaders program and gave my info to a different recruiter. The recruiter contacted me and we set up a phone interview. The phone interview was routine and after that he said I would be contacted in 3 business days. After about a week I called him to check on the status. Shortly after that I received and email that they were going with another candidate. About two weeks later I received an email from my first recruiter about continuing on with the Leadership Management Program.

Interview Questions

• Give an example of how you motivated your team?
      Where else have you applied?
      What do you know about the ELP?
      How is is different from the other places you applied?
      Where do you see yourself in five years?
      What's your biggest weakness?
      Describe what you do in that situation (biggest weakness)?   Answer Question

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Interview

Applied online. Heard back pretty quickly and scheduled a phone interview. Interview was pretty basic lasting about 30 minutes. I was asked behavioral questions and questions about the program and organization. I was asked what three characteristics are important to me when deciding where I want to work. Recruiter then explained the program in more detail and the how the rest of the hiring process would work if I moved past the first round.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time you had to deal with a difficult customer and how you dealt with it?
      What headquarters office would you most prefer to work in?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. The process took 2+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC).

Interview

The process started with an online application, then a behavioral phone screening, HireVue interview (you should practice this because its awkward- I used Big Interview), an online test, and then an on site interview with 2 managers. The last 2 interviews were not structured at all and one manager was assuming a lot and cutting me off during the interview. Everyone I spoke to was extremely pleasant and fully dedicated to their work.

Interview Questions

• Tell me a time... type questions   1 Answer

I was interviewing at the time and got an offer at another company. The process at Geico was very long and many steps could have been condensed to lessen the time it took. If it didn't take so long to hear back and move forward, I would have accepted their offer.

Emerging Leaders Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2016.

Interview

Applied online. Heard back within a few days and scheduled a phone interview. Interview lasted around 30 minutes. I was asked about college courses that I had taken and what other companies I had applied to. I was asked about my knowledge of the company and the program. Recruiter described the program and the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• What do you not like about leadership? What concerns do you have in relocating?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in January 2016.

Interview

I applied online on Linkedin and received an email fairly soon asking for a phone interview. The interview was pretty standard and was largely behavior type questions. The interviewer was very nice and spent a large portion of the time speaking about the Emerging Leaders Program and what exactly it had to offer.