GEICO GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO GEICO Sales Representative Interview Questions

3.2

36 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2017.

Interview

Applied, received email the same day to set up testing. Took test and was offered an interview. I was invited to come back for role play, I did not score enough points with the role play to make it to the shadowing or 2nd interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico?   Answer Question
  • What are you leaving your last job?   Answer Question
  • Why do you think you are a better candidate for this job than someone else?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where your supervisor gave you constructive criticism and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time that you had to convince team members to work on a job they didn't want to work on?   1 Answer
  • Describe a conflict that you had at work and how you handled the situation.   Answer Question
  • How long do you see yourself working at Geico?   Answer Question
  • How would you convince a customer to switch to online billing?   Answer Question
  • Describe a time where you had trouble making a sale and how handled the situation   Answer Question
  • Do you have any questions?   1 Answer
  • Behavioral and situational   Answer Question
  • Describe your work history   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

I applied online, filled out a questionnaire. I received an email the next day to schedule a phone interview. The day after I received an email to schedule a face to face/role play. I was in the office for about 4 hours. When you pass the face to face they ask you to sit with a representative to get an idea of what youll be doing on the job. I sat with a representative for about an hour. After that I met with the department manager and I was offered the position. I had 3 business days to do a drug test, which the lady cut off a lot of hair. They also do an extensive background check and credit check.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY) in September 2016.

Interview

A long and drawn out process to say the least.
    Though it was a big pain the people were all very nice.
    In the end, I thought being stuck in a huge pool of people wouldn't work for me sadly.

Interview Questions

• General questions and personal experiences.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Arlington, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Arlington, VA) in March 2016.

Interview

I was originally called for applying for a Claims Rep but then while on the phone I was told it was no longer available, so to come in for an interview for the Sales Rep position. I went there, had to take some tests on a computer basically about and how to do stuff that you'd be doing on a daily basis. This included mock phone calls and emails regarding people calling in for multiple reasons. Also a typing test. Afterwards I was pulled into one of the hiring managers office and spoke for about 20 mins. After that she made me do 3 mock phone calls in a separate room where she called me pretending to be a customer and I had to calla car wash service. Definitely a unique experience.

Interview Questions

• How would you act if someone was being rude to you on the phone?   Answer Question

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Application

The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Plan to be there 6-7 hours is not an exaggeration. The only thing I was taken by was the fact they push no experience required and they will train you. Then at the end of my interview to tell me I have a great attitude and my interview went well but wouldn't forward with me because I didn't have enough experience... Wait??? What????!!!

Interview Questions

• Why do you feel you'd be a great fit for GEICO?   Answer Question
    • How long do you feel you'd be working for this company?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to deal with a disgruntled customer and how did you handle it?   Answer Question
    • Name a time you had to use persuasion on someone?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1+ week. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in January 2016.

Interview

Was a very strenuous hiring process. I went through a computer test and two separate interviews. The computer test was pretty simple and easy to pass, however the first in person interview was difficult. I had to make a sales pitch and make it very convincing. The second interview I shadowed an agent and then I met the manager of the department. It was a bit overwhelming

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in November 2015.

Interview

Very Lengthy and intricate - at least a three step process. First the online assessment and background information led to a group "skills" test, then if you passed that 2-part computer portion, you were able to schedule a one-on-one interview with a hiring manager. This interview involved a detailed Q&A, followed by a mock sales phone call where they gave you a fake sales scenario and the hiring manager left the room, gave you 15 minutes to prepare, then called you multiple times with different sales scenarios, gauging both your interpersonal skills and ability to learn information and implement a sales strategy. After that, they ask if you have any questions for them, and let you know if you're able to move on to the NEXT step. Then you do a live on-floor shadowing shift where basically you just shadow the employees with whom you will be working, and the floor manager supervises your interactions and quizzes you on what you learned or would do in the same situation. NEXT, if the sales floor leader decides you are fit to become a part of that team, you must consent to a hair follicle drug test and extensive background check. If you pass both of those, then you can begin training in about a month when the next class begins.

Interview Questions

• Tell us a time where you resolved/diffused a difficult customer and overcame the situation to close a sale.   Answer Question

Family Emergency

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in August 2015.

Interview

interview started with a computer test which last about an hr. After the interview they give a tour and proceed to the second half of the interview which is a face to face where they get to know you and ask a series of questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time someone didn't want something and you convinced them they did?   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2015.

Interview

Initially I applied for a customer service position as I don't have any sales experience, but I was called the next day and offer a phone interview for the following day. The phone interviewer, however, told me that the customer service positions were full would I be interested in interviewing for a sales position. I said yes. We spoke for a few minutes somewhat informally talking about the position and the salary. Once we had determined that I would be interested in working in sales I was invited for an in-person testing at GEICO and possibly a face-to-face interview if I passed the test. I said yes and arranged for for the next step on Monday. I took the test that really was not that difficult. It was a multi-tasking/database entry test and a typing test with 25 wpm being required. I have no idea how well I did except to say that I was asked if I could stay for a face-to-face interview with an HR rep. I said yes and she and I talk for about 25 or 30 minutes and she asked if I had time to participate in a mock sales call session. By far, this was the most difficult portion since I've never sold, but apparently I did ok because I was asked if I had time to stay to sit on the sales floor to watch/listen to live sales cals and then speak to a sales manager for the final interview. I said yes and did and was totally impressed with the sales person I watched. I was eventually taken to speak to the sales manager and it also went very well. I was told I would be called within 48 hours to either be offered a position or to be told I did not get selected. The next morning I was called and offered a position. The entire process took place over just a few days and I can't tell you how impressed I was with everyone I spoke with and everyone I interviewed with. They were all very nice and extremely professional. I am excited to begin my foray into sales with GEICO!

Interview Questions

• Explain a situation in which you were required to sell something to someone and what was the outcome? Since you've never been in sales you can explain a situation that you needed to persuade someone of something and what was the outcome?   Answer Question

GEICO Sales Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

1 phone and 2 in-person interviews. Role playing and computer skills test. They will e-mail you and schedule a phone interview to last 30-45 minutes. If you do well there you will get a call to come in. You will be given a computer/phone exercise. If you do not do well on this you are done. If you do ok you will interview with HR that same day. HR will do a phone role playing exercise, if you pass this you will be scheduled to come back and sit with an experienced agent and listen to them take calls for about an hour then you will be interview by one of the managers and if that goes well you will get an offer on the spot. Then you will go to the nurses office where they will take a hair sample for a drug test. If all is clean you will be called with in about 10 days and given a start date.