GEICO Insurance Agent Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Find jobs for Insurance Agent

GEICO Insurance Agent Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2009.

Interview

I applied for the position online and received a call a couple of days later. They ask me to come into the corporate office and take a test. The test consisted of 3 parts first was reading and comprehension similar to what you would do on the SAT's. After the section is done they call the people out that did not pass that section if you passed you take the next test. The next test is basic problem solve and math then once it is done the pull the people out that do not pass and you go forward. After that you take a typing test to see how well and how fast you type. The last test is an interactive test sort of a simulation of what you will do on the phone at Geico. You are give a recording of a person calling in asking you to look up there account and type the information that they are giving you. if you pass all the test you see an hr person and they do an interview ask you the basic interview question. From there if you do well they will ask you if you have time to do a skills test where you set in a room with a phone and one of the hr reps will call and act like a customer and you have to sell the fake product they give you(mine was a car wash service) they give you a little sheet that give you information on the business services ect. My advise on this portion is sell sell sell and overcome objections and be a problem solver DO NOT MAKE THINGS UP IF THEY HAVE QUESTIONS ABOUT THE FAKE BUSINESS DO NOT DEVIATE FROM THE INFO GIVEN. If you pass that part the last thing is interviewing with the hiring manager of what every department you will be in it could be personal auto homeowners commercial insurance ect. This is just a basic interview with the actual decision make who will be hiring you they make the decision on if you get the job or not so make sure you put your game face on and ask for the job oh yeah before you speak with the last interviewer you will sit with a rep and listen to them while they take phone call they will usually put you with a top seller but that is pretty much it the whole process takes about 4-6 hour I was there all day but was offered the job and I had to come back and do a drug test they have an in house nurse so they do it there they take a hair sample no urine

Interview Questions

• For myself it is the What is your biggest weakness   1 Answer

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in Carmel, IN

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Carmel, IN) in August 2013.

Interview

Computer test, mock calls, three interviews. The interview process was moderate, but it really depends on who does your interview. I would say the worst part of the process is the drug test. They do the hair sample test. I haven't done any drugs, but they cut quite a bit of hair and the experience is humiliating.

Interview Questions

• Situation questions, such as: name a time when you went above and beyond for a customer. They want completely specific answers.   1 Answer

Negotiation

They sit you down after all the interviews and tests are done and let you know the pay. Then they ask if you accept.

Anonymous Employee in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in January 2011.

Interview

They put you on the phone with a dissatisfied customer to see how you handle it.The customer will complain stridently about a price increase. You have to justify the price increase.

Interview Questions

• You are given an insurance policy and claims history of a certain customer before you speak with him/her.   Answer Question
  3. Create your profile to get personalized information

Anonymous Employee in Wynnewood, PA

Application

I applied online. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Wynnewood, PA) in March 2011.

Interview

It was an easy interview. It was very casual. Maybe because I had 6 years of selling insurance. Informal all the way there was no specific detailed questions. I felt comfortable and no real pressure.

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in November 2016.

Interview

easy and straightfoward. walked in asked if they are hiring. handed them my resume. told me to come back later and will call me. got a call next day to interview. interviewed and got hired same day,

Interview Questions

• where do u see yourself in 5 years?   1 Answer

Anonymous Employee in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

A member from Turas, recruiting agency reached out via LinkedIn. Very nice, they were asking if I would be okay working a 10-6 job which personally was not what I was looking for. They also asked that I work on Saturdays, and would have Sundays off and a weekday which I was also not interested in doing. I did not continue from the initial interview.

Interview Questions

• Q: Give me an example where diversity came up in your workplace.
      Q: Give me an example of a situation where a conflict with an employee came up and how you handled it.
      Q: Give me an example when you had to overcome adversity in your work.   1 Answer

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 days. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2016.

Interview

Phone interview followed by computer test followed by in-person HR interview followed by a role-play customer service exam followed by sitting side-by-side with a current employee to see the job done followed by an interview with a manager. The whole process is long and drawn out. They don't tell you how long you will be there so it makes it difficult to plan around. I asked repeatedly and was told I could plan for 2-3 hours, ended up there for 6 before they let me leave and said to come back a second day to finish everything. You also have to submit to a drug test where they have someone cut some of your hair off, which is a bit odd. All the new hires show off their little weird somewhat bald spots to each other. Anyways, then when they hired me they refused to give me time to give notice at my current job. They called me on Thursday afternoon and said if I wanted in my training started Monday. I was told I could not have extra time to give notice. The whole experience really left a bad taste in my mouth. I should have seen the red flags from the start and never accepted to begin with.

Interview Questions

• Questions were the standard stuff - strengths, weaknesses, what would past employers say about you, etc.   1 Answer

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY).

Interview

Just ask about the regular questions and I feel she asked similar questions for twice or I misunderstand that. Be prepared to asked questions with no pause and you will hear she is writing on the other side of the phone.

Anonymous Employee in Virginia Beach, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Virginia Beach, VA) in April 2016.

Interview

The first meeting what a computer test where they assess your ability to multitask and also your typing speed/WPM. It is a fairly simple computer test and is designed to have you not finish when it comes to the multi-tasking portion. The second part of the interview process is a mock call with the HR rep where they call in and pretend to be a policyholder. After the first call they may give you some feedback and then try another call. After that it's just a general interview.

Insurance Agent Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO in May 2018.

Interview

Applied online, received an email to schedule a phone interview, then another phone interview with someone else. Phone interview didn't go smoothly, was rushed through and didn't get a chance to really talk beside five word sentences.