GEICO Intern Interview Questions | Glassdoor

Updated May 10, 2017

2.9

18 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

There was a phone call interview first before attending a panel interview after completing a personality assessment. The personality assessment consisted of number pattern recognition, relationship recognition, and personality trait questions. The phone call interview took around 15 minutes and there was a series of questions about customer experience influencing and teamwork history. The panel interview consisted of a follow up of similar questions about how well you work in a team setting.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time when you had to influence a customer experience?   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Rancho San Diego, CA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Rancho San Diego, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

I applied later in the application deadline. I applied via an online job search. 4 days later I got a call and and after the initial screening i had another phone call with the hiring manager. The second call was extremely awkward and it ended with her revealing that there are already multiple candidates and it was near the end of the hiring process.

Interview Questions

• what would you do in a situation where a group member is not working or cooperating (situational questions such as this)   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in New York, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (New York, NY) in January 2017.

Interview

Phone Interview First, then two in person interviews. Phone interview was right on time, first in person interview started early because I got there early. The last interview started an hour late and was the quickest. My last two interviewers were kind of rude and laughed at some of my responses.

Intern Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I first met a recruiter on campus who encouraged me to apply online. The process consists of a phone screen, in-person simulation, phone role play, personality test and interview with hiring manager. Overall a very quick and positive experience with college recruiters.

Interview Questions

• What makes you different from the other people applying for this position?   Answer Question

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Binghamton, NY

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO (Binghamton, NY) in November 2016.

Interview

Visited their table at my University's job and internship fair. Gave them my resume there, then they reached out to me saying they would like to have a phone interview. It was just one interview. Phone conversation lasted about 25 minutes. Was not easy, definitely had to prepare, but it also was not super challenging.

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

Depending on who is interviewing you, it can be very relaxed or intense. Almost every question had to do with past experiences or how you would handle yourself in a certain situation.

Anonymous Employee in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX) in December 2015.

Interview

You will do a phone interview for the position which is fairly basic. Then, if you pass you will go into testing to find your personality fit with the company. There is an in person interview which asks basic questions about your career goals, leadership experience, and how you will apply your skills to the internship.

Anonymous Employee in Coralville, IA

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Coralville, IA) in October 2015.

Interview

There were 23 different interviews, the first consisted of an over the phone test. The second consisted of an online test and the third was with the manager. The process was fairly easy, most of the interview questions were normal behavioral and some technical. It was an overall good experience, Geico is a great company to work for and the internship will provide opportunities later down the line.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA) in March 2015.

Interview

Was given a phone interview and asked to drive down to Macon for a skills assessment. They ask you to do a background and drug test in order to qualify for the job.

Interview Questions

• Nothing out of left field. All the basics such as "tell me about yourself", "biggest strength/ weakness", etc.   Answer Question

Intern Interview

Interview

I don't know, it just looks GEICO doesn't even care about who they are getting for their summer internship program. Though we set up a time to conduct a phone interview, nobody ever called. I tried to call their office, but was told the recruiter was not in the office all the times. They promised me the recruiter would certainly call me back within a week. Guess what? It's been a month.