GEICO Internship Interview Questions | Glassdoor

GEICO Internship Interview Questions

Interviews at GEICO

3.2

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO in January 2017.

Interview

I was encouraged to apply online by an employee at GEICO and then was shortly contacted for a phone interview. After the phone interview, I was invited to a in person interview that lasted 5 hours. Each of the steps on that day required different skills and tasks. At the end of the day, I passed all the tests and then was invited to a final interview. The steps were long but well worth the internship!

Interview Questions

• Leadership experience, goals, and situational questions   Answer Question

Other Interview Reviews for GEICO

Anonymous Employee in San Diego, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. The process took 4+ months. I interviewed at GEICO (San Diego, CA) in November 2016.

Interview

First there was an online application to fill out. Then a phone call interview took place and lasted 45 minutes. Then an in person skills test with role play sceanrio occured at their office. Then a final interview with management.

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

A lot more challenging than thought to be. Lots of emphasis on working with teams and overcoming challenges. It was a one on one interview and had a mix of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had issues with another team member and how did you over come it   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

One on one interview where I gave my resume beforehand. He was very nice and we briefly discussed my experience in school and outside work. They talked about the values of Geico and I explained how I could contribute my personal skills to the same values.

Anonymous Employee in Poway, CA

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO (Poway, CA) in January 2017.

Interview

First there was a 30 minuted phone interview. Followed by a personality test. Then I went in to take a typing test. I was then invited back for an in person interview with one of the managers.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bethesda, MD

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Bethesda, MD).

Interview

The interview was computer based questions mostly, testing my typing skills and customer relationship skills, then I spoke one on one with their staffs. I was asked what I knew about the company and to tell them what the company was about. I was asked for my resume, and asked to tell them my work experience, I was asked how much I was payed in my last job and how much I thought they were paying for entry level, I was asked how much I wanted to be payed.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 4 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Marlton, NJ) in January 2018.

Interview

I was interviewed at the Marlton location for an internship in Leadership Management. The first part of the interview was routine questions to get to know me better as a person. The second part of the interview was a simulated test on the computer that took about an hour to complete. Immediately after that, I was asked more questions and then directed to shadow a representative in medical claims. This was going into my third hour of being there. The final step in this 4 hour long interview experience was interviewing with the supervisor of the office. Because I spent an inordinate amount of time with multiple people in the office, I was under the assumption that I nailed the interview and got the internship position. Later that day, I received an email saying that they had not chosen me.

Interview Questions

• What are you looking to do after you graduate?   Answer Question
    • Give an example of a leadership role that you held either at work or at school.   Answer Question

Internship Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

1. Phone interview basically going over my resume and all of the requirements of the position. Basically just to see if I was actually interested. They asked if I had applied anywhere else

2. Phone Interview: about 30 minutes, all behavioral questions about customer service and leadership experience

3. Personality test and logic test (this took a long time)

4. When to a regional office for a multitasking and typing test and an interview with several upper-level managers. Don't stress about the testing, it's pretty straightforward and easy for any millennial. Just read the instructions carefully and you'll do great!

Interview Questions

• All behavioral: teamwork, leadership, motivation, and a little bit of customer service   Answer Question

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY) in January 2018.

Interview

first there was a phone interview, then a 1 on 1 interview with HR, then I was invited back for a panel interview. Be prepared. Know about the company and how you can be an asset.

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Phoenix, AZ

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Phoenix, AZ) in October 2017.

Interview

The application for Geico was very simple. I was contacted within 24 hours of submitting my application for a phone interview. The interview lasted 30 minutes and they asked basic behavioral questions - time you took initiative, best and worst skills, how can you contribute to Geico and other questions similar to that line of questioning. At the end, the interviewer seemed very optimistic about my chances. They ended up offering me a job in another city but it did not work out.