GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

931 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA) in July 2017.

Interview

They should pay you for the 5+ hour interview process. It was like a mystery, you go in and sit in a waiting room in HR. No one tells you anything. Typing test and simulated insurance job with emails and phone calls. Then you watch a long boring video about how good it is to work at Geico. I didn't need to be convinced, I applied for a job and I was in the interview process. Then you wait in the waiting room, no one tells you anything. Then a HR rep calls people to do an interview and then a role play, that means you passed the first part. Cant speak about the role play, I had to sign an agreement. Then (yep there's a lot more) you do another interview with the same HR person. THEN, if you passed that process you sit and monitor someone performing the job (I sat there for over an hour listening to phone calls) THEN!, another interview with the department manager. I was there for over 5 hours, was told I passed everything, got an email that said no thanks! It was completely uncomfortable and felt like I was treated like I didn't deserve respect as a person because I was just an applicant. Doesn't seem like a good place to work.

Interview Questions

• The usual, the department manager spent most of the interview looking at a piece of paper and asking questions from it. She may have looked at me twice in the approximately 20 minutes I was in her larger than everyone else's cubicle.   1 Answer

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Lakeland, FL) in July 2017.

Interview

It was an online video conference interview using a system called Hireview. Most of the questions were behavioral based and the interview lasted about 30 minutes. It was a smooth process although I did not get offered a position. Overall the experience was good.

Interview Questions

• Tell me about the most difficult conversation you had a work   1 Answer

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Bowie, MD

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Bowie, MD).

Interview

The interview is a little long but fairly simple. The final role play interview is a little overwhelming at first but once you get into the groove it's kind of fun. I did realize some things i could have done differently afterwards but I'm still waiting for a response.

Interview Questions

• Why are you interested in this position.   1 Answer

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Westbury, NY

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 6 days. I interviewed at GEICO (Westbury, NY) in June 2017.

Interview

Got an email on 5/30/17 about the position and had my phone interview on 6/1/17. The phone interview was pretty easy just went over the position and asked questions about being late to previous jobs. I went on the face to face interview on 6/5/17 and took a computer test and was told that I passed right away I then went upstairs and shadowed a current worker however the system was down when I went and I wasn't able to learn much after that I was taken to a room for a face to face Interview and then I was told they would reach back out. Pretty sure I didn't get it because I didn't do the role play or anything.

Interview Questions

• Describe a time where you had to deal with a difficult customer?   1 Answer

Claims Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

First you get a call from someone who asks you questions about yourself, why you want to leave your current position/ why you want to work for Geico.

Then he will ask you when you can meet up for a second interview because you passed this one. He will give you times and send you an email, letting you know where to meet for your role playing interview.

At the role playing interview you are given 30 minutes to learn what it is you will be needing to do and 1-1.5 hrs to complete the process of what it is like to be a claims adjuster. You will have to take phone calls and figure out a way to do your claims adjusting for the day since on a given day you an only be out in the field for 3.5-4hrs a day.

Interview Questions

• During the role playing simulation I asked if I could ask questions that I didn't know the answer to.

They responded by saying "this is a simulation and you will have to figure it out"   Answer Question

Modeling Analyst Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Washington, DC

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Washington, DC) in June 2017.

Interview

I received a technical test first which was more about logistic. The test was not very hard. THen I received a 30-minutes phone interview. They asked questions related to my resume and some basic questions such as why Geico. However, they realized that I am not u.s. citizen and canceled my onsite interview.

Interview Questions

• Why Geico? Why insurance? More questions related to modeling skills.   Answer Question

Interview

Applied online and heard back within a few days that they went with more qualified candidates. It was a long shot because I don't have a degree in what they wanted anyway.

Entry Level Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO in June 2017.

Interview

So I was initially emailed by a Jessica Buckner from the Gieco team. The email basically said my resume was a good fit and she wanted me to apply. I initially declined because I had no experience. A week later she emailed me again and I declined again. Finally a week later she emailed me and said they were still interested in my resume and to apply , so I finally did. Phone interview, then assessment. Passed the assessment then moved on to face to face interview with HR. After this I was told to go home and someone would call me within a week with a answer. I know now from reading all of the other interviews on here that that means their not hiring me. My question is if this is an entry level position and no experience was necessary and they were clearly aware of my credentials on my resume, why waste my time. I drove and hour because this lady emailed me three times and insisted I apply even though I knew I wasn't qualified. My advice is if you feel that you are not qualified don't waste your time. Yeah they say that they train you but it seems they want you to already be experienced. Very long day and a waste of my time and gas.

Interview Questions

• What if a Customers calls you and they just hit a deer and they insist that they shouldn't have to pay the deductible, what would you say to them?   Answer Question

Geico Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX) in June 2017.

Interview

So my entire process for the CSR position for geico was about two days . I had to do a phone interview first and then I was invited to come in and do some testing which consisted of a typing test and a multitasking test as well . I was able to past those both . Next would be meeting with the recruiter and doing 3 different role playing test over the phone . I passed that as well with flying colors ! After that the recruiter asked me to come in the next day to do some shadowing on the floor and meet with the hiring manager . I shadowed the employee for about 45 minutes to an hour and the hiring manager took me in her office and asked me a couple questions about my experience & skills after that she discussed compensation , training times , & state licensing . Then she told me that the recruiter would call me to let me know what time to come in to meet the district manager for my 4th interview ! I didnt receive a call instead I received an email saying I did not get the position

Management Development Program Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Parkville, MD

Application

The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Parkville, MD) in June 2017.

Interview

The first step started with an extremely informative recruiter... He scheduled the first interview and would ask general questions about my background. The second interview involved questions about my background with much more detail. There were a lot of redundant questions. The third interview was in person at a location which started with a role play situation writing up claims and adjustments. There second part of the day was an interview with two gentleman who were slightly unprepared and asking sporadic questions that were asked by the recruiter in the first and second interview.