GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1,954 Candidate Interview ReviewsBack to all Interviews

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assesments they have you complete. A week later i was asked to complete a video interview, whivh you are not timed on. You have 3 chances to rerecord your answers if you dont like how you originally responded.

Interview Questions

• Please specifically describe what you know about the Auto Damage Adjuster position and why you are interested in it. Focus your response on why you want to work in the Adjuster position, and not why you want to work for GEICO.   3 Answers

Operations Interview

Anonymous Employee in Buffalo, NY

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Buffalo, NY).

Interview

Applied Online. A little later received an email about a phone screening. Had the phone interview, and the was invited for an on-site interview. Took something like an IQ test, and then after completing the assessment had an actual interview with an employee.

Claims Representative Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Applied online, than got a email. It took about week.Test was easy, just to see how you can catch up with fast paced environment.The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assesments they have you complete.

Interview Questions

• I passed a test, interview was around 20 minutes. Lady was just too pushy.She did not let me speak. It got me stressing   1 Answer

Internship Interview

Application

I applied through other source. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

A lot more challenging than thought to be. Lots of emphasis on working with teams and overcoming challenges. It was a one on one interview and had a mix of behavioral and situational questions.

Interview Questions

• Name a time you had issues with another team member and how did you over come it   Answer Question

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied online. The process took 3+ months. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I applied online in July for an MDP - Auto Damage opening. At the beginning of August I was scheduled for a video interview. You can either do this with a webcam or via an app on your phone. You have 30 seconds to a minute to come up with answers to each question, and then 1-2 minutes per question to record yourself answering them. You only get one shot at recording. At the beginning of September I was sent links to do an online assessment (Caliper - not difficult). After that I had a phone interview with a corporate recruiter. There were the usual HR questions and a few STAR-style questions as well but nothing unpredictable. The recruiter passed my information along to a regional manager, who contacted me to do an observation at a local Geico Xpress. This involved sitting with an adjuster, watching them work, and asking questions for about an hour or so. All of the employees I observed were fairly new to the job with less than a year of experience, and the one I sat with longest was completely unprofessional - he used foul language, made fun of customers after they left, and told me it was an okay company to start with but that it was really only good for getting your foot in the door in insurance and most people would go elsewhere after a year or two.

They were unable to schedule me the same day for the in-person assessment and I had to come back the following week for it. This was a very long role play. You had 30 minutes to read through a 20+ page packet of information (which is simultaneously being read to you by an audio tape), and then another 30 minutes of actually working through a small snapshot of an adjuster's day. At the start of the role play, you'll get a list of scenarios/activities that are coming up in your work day. As far as I could tell, aside from re-reading passages in the instructions to familiarize yourself with the expectations, there is no real way to prepare for each one in advance. My biggest advice is to highlight all of the small details on the packet and take your time working through the details of each scenario you're confronted with. I realized in the course of the assessment that I had messed up a few small details at the very beginning of the role play, but unlike the real world where you can correct mistakes if you notice them, that isn't the case here. Like my observation the previous week, the employees who were participating in the role play also left a lot to be desired. They clearly didn't want to be doing the assessment and were super low energy. It made it hard to gauge if I was doing well or not.

I received a job offer from a competitor the same day I completed the assessment, and I accepted. I have not yet heard back about the outcome from this interview process, but regardless of how it goes, I would not be accepting an offer if I received one due to the interactions I had with employees.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Fredericksburg, VA

Application

I applied online. The process took 1 day. I interviewed at GEICO (Fredericksburg, VA).

Interview

It was very drawn out and extremely detailed which I can understand. First I did a phone interview, assessment, in person interview, another assessment, observed an employee, and a final interview. I was there for roughly 5 hours and the last interview went not so good. The manager kept asking me why I was willing to take a pay cut and how over qualified I was for the job and how he could to be sure I was not going to be offered a better job somewhere else.

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

The interview process is long, be prepared to be there alll day and possibly have to come back another day as well! They expect someone who is upbeat and outgoing, especially during your supervisor interview. Oh and if you don't have good credit don't even waste your time applying.

Interview Questions

• The usual.. describe a time someone didn't want to do something and you helped change their mind   Answer Question

Client Service Representative Interview

Interview

Extremely long day - role play. Very tough. Started with two assessments. Waited and met with hr. followed a person for about half hour. Them role play and then the interview.

Management Development Program Interview

Application

I applied through a recruiter. The process took 4+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO in October 2017.

Interview

I reached out to a hiring manager on LinkedIn who sent my information to a college recruiter to contact me about my application. I had a short initial interview by phone followed by a long 1.5 hour interview by phone followed by simple testing and typing tests on a computer at GEICO... Then a personality assessment with spatial IQ questions...which I think are designed to test how you devote your time to complex questions...so don't spend too much time on the questions but do try to maximize efficiency and accuracy... and then a role play .... The role play is simple as long as you prioritize tasks and get as much done as possible.... I don't want to say too much in case they read this and then change the content.... Just do the best you can.... And then it was a panel interview where you have to give a presentation on what leadership means to you.... I didn't pass the panel interview .... I wasn't given a reason why but I know it is because I am older and my job-hopping is not as understandable as it would be if I were a recent grad....which is disappointing. If I had gotten more sleep the night before and answered their concerns about that one area of my resume better than I might have been offered a position.... Another thing they look at is if you apply to other jobs outside of insurance.... Tell them you are applying only to insurance companies and describe why it is attractive to you to work at GEICO and in the insurance business.... Hard to answer but they don't expect you to have had dreams of working at an insurance company since you were five... That would be silly and they know it. Even though other employees got jobs at GEICO because the pay and benefits were attractive... You still have to give them other reasons...

Interview Questions

• They ask a lot of questions about leadership and work experience and management that is impossible for a recent graduate to answer 99% of the time... I had experience and I was able to give good answers on the spot and I still wasn't hired.   1 Answer

Medical Claims Processor Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Marlton, NJ

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Marlton, NJ) in October 2017.

Interview

Like everyone else I applied online. Received an email the next day for a phone interview a week later. Passed the phone interview and was invited to take an assessment and typing test plus a role play. This was scheduled 3 weeks later. I passed the assessment and typing test. Waited 25 minutes to take interview with two managers of different departments. Asked the normal interview questions and did very well. Waited 15 more minutes to take the role play test. I was given 25 minutes to read over a pamphlet of a mock company. I was supposed to be a Coordinator for said company. The whole thing is setup to see how you work under pressure. I felt I did very well considering I have over 20 yrs claim processing experience which I'm used to handling more stress than in Geico role play. The test lasted about 1 1/2 hours. I was told that I would be contacted the next day. If considered I would be called in to meet with the manager and shadow with a medical claims representative to get a feel of what the position entails. Needless to say I was not contacted the next day. From doing prior research and the reviews on Glassdoor.com I knew immediately that I did not get the position. Today I received an email stating that I was not considered. It seemed like this would've been an excellent opportunity to work with Geico. I am also a policy holder with them for many years and have always been a fan of their customer service. I've talked several relatives and friends into switching to Geico. I don't understand their hiring practices but, I can imagine they have looked over some very talented candidates based on their interview techniques. To be honest as a professional I wasn't impressed with the HR representative or the managers who interviewed me. They all seemed to act mechanical and unenterested. Not friendly or professional. They read from a script on paper and just went with the flow. Unbothered to say the least.Perhaps going forward Geico should consider looking into their interview process and managers make changes and do some immediate restructuring. They have way too many bad reviews on job boards from current employees, former employees and perspective candidates. I'm happy to say that I received an offer with another insurance company that is so much better.