GEICO Interview Questions | Glassdoor

3.3

1,724 Candidate Interview Reviews Back to all Interviews

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Employee in Woodbury, NY

Application

I applied online. The process took 3 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Woodbury, NY).

Interview

The process is very easy compared to others. In two days i was done with the online assesments they have you complete. A week later i was asked to complete a video interview, whivh you are not timed on. You have 3 chances to rerecord your answers if you dont like how you originally responded.

Interview Questions

• Please specifically describe what you know about the Auto Damage Adjuster position and why you are interested in it. Focus your response on why you want to work in the Adjuster position, and not why you want to work for GEICO.   2 Answers

Liability Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Richardson, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Richardson, TX).

Interview

I made it through to the role play assessment. It was very strange and had absolutely nothing to do with the position I was applying for. I was disappointed at first that I didn't pass the role play, but then decided it was an unfair test and I probably wouldn't have been happy there after all.

Interview Questions

• One of the questions in the phone interview was describe a time when you had a conflict with your supervisor and how did you handle it?   Answer Question

Personal Injury Adjuster Interview

Application

I applied through college or university. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

Had to show ability to multitask while at job. Listening and talking on the phone while being able to type and paraphrase. It was very important to make sure the client felt as if they were being given only the highest level of customer service.

Interview Questions

• How do you handle talking to someone on the phone if they are being rude to you?   Answer Question

Claims Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Houston, TX

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Houston, TX).

Interview

First you have to do an phone interview which lasts about 15 minutes. Then you have to take a test if you past you will meet with an hurting manager. Once the hiring ask you plenty of
    Questions you move forward to role play.

Interview Questions

• Name a time when you had to make a decision with an unhappy customer?   Answer Question

Customer Service Interview

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 5 days. I interviewed at GEICO.

Interview

I have been through it the hiring process many times with Geico. Every person I spoke with was so nice and welcoming. Then process is a big long to get to the end. But I believe it's well worth it! You get to work for a great company!

Call Center Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Dallas, TX

Application

I applied through an employee referral. The process took 2 weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Dallas, TX).

Interview

There were many steps to the process in which I respect; Typing text, written test, interview by an HR person, followed by an interview by a Manager. There also was a part where you shadowed a current employee to see if the job fit's your career goals.

Claims Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

I applied online, received an email to contact the recruiter in references to scheduling an interview. Went to Geico to take an assessment (you know at immediately if you passed or not) I passed so i went to the next step of the interview which was a face to face. The lady who interviewed me was nice but she wasn't very attentive. It seemed as if something else was on her mind which also threw me off during the interview. It was as if she wasn't paying attention to what I was saying. Again, after the interview you will know if you will move forward. (i didnt)

Customer Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Employee in Macon, GA

Application

I applied online. I interviewed at GEICO (Macon, GA).

Interview

The interview process is a little lengthy but is understandable with the testing that is needed for the position. Breaks are included and part of the process included an onsite drug screen which I felt was a time saver and a convenience from not having to go to multiple locations on multiple days.

Interview Questions

• Scenario questions, typing test, phone assessment of role playing that tests the level of customer service, and a computer test that tests the ability to multitask and navigate screens while handling a call   Answer Question

Auto Damage Adjuster Trainee Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Chicago, IL

Application

I applied online. The process took a week. I interviewed at GEICO (Chicago, IL).

Interview

Contacted by phone to set up an in person interview. Arrived to the location where I was placed in a room that appeared to be used for storage. First thing I was told was I will be taking a test, if I pass I move on and if I don't I go home. The test was similar to questions from any standardize test one would take in school, basic math and reading comprehension. After the test I went through role playing where the interviewers came in and acted with different personalities testing how I would react under pressure and how well you can negotiate. For this I just made sure to keep calm, listen to what they were saying and do my best to negotiate and meet somewhere in the middle. After that ended, I was told to sit in the room and wait while they talked... 10 minutes or so later one guy came down and told me they wanted to continue to interview process. I sat at a table across from 2 managers and their supervisor. The Supervisor asked unconventional interview questions and grilled me on my answers. At one point I thought to myself "I should tell them that this isn't going to work out and that we are wasting everyone's time." However I continued with the interview. Once the personal/professional questions ended I was asked how I like being micromanaged and started to mention things that made me not want the position such as long hours of overtime, how their managers treat them, and the workload and under appreciation. After that I was told to wait downstairs again while they talked. They brought me back up and to my surprise offered me the job. I went through the process in a haze thinking I was imagining what was going on... The entire time I was confident I would not get an offer. The whole interview process took a little over 4 hours. The following day I contacted the hiring manager to turn down the offer.

Interview Questions

• Why should we take a risk hiring you? What are your numbers right now? Why do you want to work for Geico?   Answer Question

Claims Service Representative Interview

Anonymous Interview Candidate in Seattle, WA

Application

I applied in-person. The process took 2+ weeks. I interviewed at GEICO (Seattle, WA).

Interview

I got a phone call and an interview over the phone after I initially applied online.
    The phone interview was quick and there was a 'dry' feel to it as well. I did pass and went ahead to set up a computer test and a physical interview.
    The computer test was easy, very confusing for someone who does not have prior experience in using that interface but it still was understandable, followed by a typing test.
    After giving the tests I was a bit skeptical but the person who was to take my interview came out and told me that I passed and now we'll move on with the interview.
    The interview itself was very long and thorough, I could tell that the the interviewer liked me as he gave me props for a couple of answers and kept on running out of places because of my long detailed answers.
    After we were done he gave me a sense of assurance that I nailed it, while walking back to the front desk lobby he showed me around and told me what goes on around, the arrangement of the office and about the workers.
    After that he said he'll be right back after talking to his hiring manager.
    He came back with a very weird and confused look on his face and told me that I will get a response within a couple days via email. It was like I could read from his face that his manager told him something different than what he wanted. I told him that I know what that means, I thanked him and left.
    Got an email telling me I'm not selected.
    It was disappointing for having such an amazing interview and then seeing the same person kind of put off as well.

Interview Questions

• How often you look forward to promotions?
      Can you work under a list of bosses?
      Tell us about a situation questions.
      Customer situation questions.